Gold As Everyday Currency

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And I am not trading my food for a gold bar.

true, i don't see this ever being viable. places are not set up to transact in gold and never will be/ it seems like a novelty, but it is real. i imagine coin collectors, precious metal enthusiasts, vain and rich people will get them. it could be like emergency money or travellers checks.

since it will never be everyday currency (unless we find another million tons) i will post the images i downloaded, so i can then delete them

i am fascinated with metals (all kinds, not just precious) and shiny things, so when i stumbled across the images i started this thread.

i don't covet, but i certainly wouldn't mind having a few million in Combi-Bars. they have palladium, platinum, gold, silver and aluminum. the aluminum monetary bars are huge -

View attachment 20205

View attachment 20206

View attachment 20207

View attachment 20208

View attachment 20209

View attachment 20208

fzappa13

Ezekiel 7:19

They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said we should value and covet "God, not mammon."

When you and your wife give away all of your earthly possessions (including giving away your house), then we'll start listening to your extremely skewed version of Scripture.

In the meantime don't derail this thread, as for once pj has a great point (a good percentage of my financial portfolio is in precious metals).

rexlunae

this has been a few years now but Gols as everyday currency has been started. speculation of a collapse of the dollar, the collapse of paper money or collapse of the world economy where currency returns to precious metals

There's never been a time, for as long as fiat currency has existed, that someone hasn't been predicting its demise. And it can happen. But what's often overlooked is the fact that gold prices can collapse too. And it's a lot harder to actually use as currency, especially in the current digital age.

Dan Emanuel

Gold is 1154USD right now, per troy ounce. This is 31.1034768 gram's. That reduce's down to (1154USD/31.1034768 g)=37.101961540196689522503799318024USD/g
Spoiler
Valcambi-gold-bar.jpg
1 gram of USD (as 100-USD currency) is 100USD/g.

100-USD bill's are almost three time's more valuable than gold.

"Worth it's weight in gold?" :nono: Worth it's weight in C-note's. :thumb:

DJ

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When you and your wife give away all of your earthly possessions (including giving away your house), then we'll start listening to your extremely skewed version of Scripture.

In the meantime don't derail this thread, as for once pj has a great point (a good percentage of my financial portfolio is in precious metals).

thanks acw, you know i like you - slide me some silver !

but seriously these combi-cards of gold, silver and other precious meatals are being produced for 1g increments. why are they making them ? the Swiss know the money game and they created these -
View attachment 20228

View attachment 20229

View attachment 20230

View attachment 20231

View attachment 20232

View attachment 20233

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the past 15 years I've gone from trading with cash, change, and checks to almost 100% cards and paying online. I wonder what 15 years from now will look like.

You know how carried away the "pentecostals" get carried away regarding the mark of the beast. It isn't the technology, it is that people will align themselves with him instead of the Lord Jesus Christ. But that technology is what is needed to make it happen. So cashless will happen in time, in a way. The money may transfer between the banks and we all use a debit. I am not sure how that would go down. A banker might know.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I am intrigued by the metallurgy in the last decade regarding bullets.

put some images on here - i worked at a chrome bumper manufacturer, they had a metallurgist there. it was a detailed process that was 17 years ago, just automotive, using nickel etc.

i imagine ammo and gun makers are into some freaky metal combos and patents -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
imagine as a business or retail employee, instead of adding up MC/Visa receipts and paper money, change and checks, etc. at the end of a shift, you also have gold and silver mini bars to add to the deposit slip ! LOL

rougueone

Do the Scriptures speak contradictions or do some wrongly divide the word of truth?

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

2Co 12:14 Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children

Yes. But we are to be wise and prepare. Gold is the only ' currency" that has withstood every financial disaster on earth. I recommend people buy it and store it against what may occur when the global system fall's. Gold and silver will still be the victor. Pre 50's (?) silver dimes are 99% silver. And any gold in jewelry or wholesale " unprocessed" is a good way to accumulate Gold. Hey if the global system does fall at least one has something to barter or buy with. Because if this happens, Gold and silver will be the only currency available to get by on.

AS to

2Co 12:14 Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.

I do not see this scripture applying to the subject .