Gold As Everyday Currency

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
lol - touche

but only because they spent money for the meat, bills, labor etc. and they need their money back - lol

This is exactly right.

They not only need their money back but they have to make a profit or else there's no point in being in business. The point being, the only reason they are willing to take my money in exchange for their cooked BBQ is because those same green backs can be traded for uncooked meat and all the other stuff it takes to make the BBQ, including the labor and whatever else they want to buy with what's left over.

They take it from me because some else with take it from them. That's all money is.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This is exactly right.

They not only need their money back but they have to make a profit or else there's no point in being in business. The point being, the only reason they are willing to take my money in exchange for their cooked BBQ is because those same green backs can be traded for uncooked meat and all the other stuff it takes to make the BBQ, including the labor and whatever else they want to buy with what's left over.

They take it from me because some else with take it from them. That's all money is.

Profit. whatever is profitable; even scripture

2 Timothy 3:16 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
People throughout the ages have advanced through metallurgy. I have worked with certain metals, never precious, but I really like copper. I think about how mankind found and refined metal and how the first people ever to discover metallurgy.

Metal changed the world, but even working with certain metals is poisonous and toxic, beautiful creations with dangerous processes to create (not as dangerous today). I like chrome too.

rexlunae

:chuckle: I bet. at 3.00 bucks a pound it's like junkie's gold. I like copper roofs and gutters

I have a roof made of cement tiles. Works well, sturdy, and no one is going to climb my house to steal it. I have a friend who lost a Ph.d. thesis because junkies stole the wire from it, and there was no money to replace it.

genuineoriginal

A very wealthy man decided to prove the quote, "You can't take it with you", wrong. Before he died he requested that his gold be buried with him. Sure enough after his death he found himself in heaven along with his gold. He was so excited that he had actually taken it with him. He went up to St. Peter to enter the gates and exclaimed "Look at this, you can take it with you." Peter looked at the gold in the mans hand and asked "Why would you want to bring pavement with you?"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have a roof made of cement tiles. Works well, sturdy, and no one is going to climb my house to steal it. I have a friend who lost a Ph.d. thesis because junkies stole the wire from it, and there was no money to replace it.
I've scrapped thousands of pounds of pure copper but it was for a company I worked for, they do architectural sheet metal and copper gutters etc. The wealthy neighborhoods get it and sometimes they get ripped off. Insurance ?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Ezekiel 7:19 "'They will throw their silver into the streets, and their gold will be treated as a thing unclean. Their silver and gold will not be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath. It will not satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs, for it has caused them to stumble into sin.