GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine.....

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Matt 5:39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41"Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

Ummmm yeah.... that was actually my point about Matt 19:5. I didn't introduce it to the conversation and I don't find it relevant in the context in which it was presented to me.
If you don't understand the difference you are a fool.

TracerBullet

Not the same thing.
it's the same thing

Being black isn't a sin, by the definition of any religion's sacred text.
True. However racial equality is a denounced as sin by the bible (at least according to generations of theologians)

And the civil rights movement was about not being served at all. And the law stating that they were not allowed to receive service among white people.
It was about equal rights and being treated just like everyone else...just like today's gay civil rights movement

Angeltress

Are there truly Christians who think that God wants us to support "gay rights"?
Are there truly Christians who equate "gay rights" with "civil rights"? You insult an awful lot of fine people. Do you really think Martin Luther King would agree with you?

Angeltress

God mentioned "bigotry toward gays":

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Nor is this strictly Old Testament:

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Now, why would a Christian defy the Word of God?
What is more important...being "politically correct"?
Or being right with God?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I do take Christ's words seriously. They just don't say what you seem to be extrapolating Matt 19:5 to mean.
How do you defend your implied premise that Matt 19:5 somehow constitutes Christ encouraging any bigotry towards gays. You are adding meanings to Christ's words that clearly ARE NOT THERE!
You seem to willfully miss-characterize Christ's words with the same total disregard as you do mine.

And please don't make the comparison that not taking your tactics seriously equates to not taking Christ seriously.

Matthew chapter 19 shows Christ clearly explaining what marriage is and its intent. Clearly also saying that those who cannot accept that, are to remain celibate.

Since gays are excluded from marriage - then that leaves them also in an adulterous position.

Christ certainly doesn't tell others to sin.

You ignore Christs word.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Matt 5:39"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also. 41"Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

Not applicable in this situation.

This one is though:

Matthew 5:30 "If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

and this one:

James 5:20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

and this one:

Romans 1:32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

TracerBullet

Are there truly Christians who think that God wants us to support "gay rights"?
Are there truly Christians who equate "gay rights" with "civil rights"? You insult an awful lot of fine people. Do you really think Martin Luther King would agree with you?

Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood.
My husband, Martin Luther King Jr., once said, 'We are all tied together in a single garment of destiny... an inescapable network of mutuality,... I can never be what I ought to be until you are allowed to be what you ought to be.' I’ve always felt that homophobic attitudes and policies were unjust and unworthy of a free society and must be opposed by all Americans who believe in democracy.
For too long, our nation has tolerated the insidious form of discrimination against this group of Americans, who have worked as hard as any other group, paid their taxes like everyone else, and yet have been denied equal protection under the law. I believe that freedom and justice cannot be parceled out in pieces to suit political convenience. My husband, Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” On another occasion he said, “I have worked too long and hard against segregated public accommodations to end up segregating my moral concern. Justice is indivisible.” Like Martin, I don’t believe you can stand for freedom for one group of people and deny it to others." ~ Coretta Scott King

TracerBullet

God mentioned "bigotry toward gays":

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Nor is this strictly Old Testament:

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Now, why would a Christian defy the Word of God?
What is more important...being "politically correct"?
Or being right with God?

Racists quote the bible to support their prejudice as well. Does that make racism moral?

Angeltress

Racists quote the bible to support their prejudice as well. Does that make racism moral?

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Say what?

Angeltress

If you are a Christian, you follow the Word of God.

If you deny the Word of God, you are not a Christian.

That simple.

TracerBullet

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Col_3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Say what?

Angeltress

I wonder why supporters of "gay rights" call those of us who oppose them "homophobes"....as if we were afraid of them, or something.

If you ask me, a Christian who is willing to twist the Word of God to accommodate "gay rights" are truly the homophobes...

Angeltress

Evidently, you did not read the verses I quoted.

God has not condoned racism. This is a very common tactic. You insult a great many good Christian men and women who are of African descent with this fallacy.

TracerBullet

I wonder why supporters of "gay rights" call those of us who oppose them "homophobes"....as if we were afraid of them, or something.

Homophobia - an irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. It includes antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and hatred of homosexuals

TracerBullet

Evidently, you did not read the verses I quoted.

God has not condoned racism. This is a very common tactic. You insult a great many good Christian men and women who are of African descent with this fallacy.

doesn't change the fact that for generations have quoted the bible to justify their prejudices. Does that make racism moral?