GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine.....

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine for Refusing to Make Cake for Gay Wedding

Fundraising site GoFundMe has closed the account that was set up to raise money for Aaron and Melissa Klein, Christians and former owners of a bakery in Gresham, Oregon, who were ordered by a judge Friday to pay a fine of $135,000 for declining to bake a wedding cake for a lesbian marriage ceremony.

"After careful review by our team, we have found the 'Support Sweet Cakes By Melissa' campaign to be in violation of our Terms and Conditions," Oregon Live quoted the site as saying in a statement.

"The money raised thus far will still be made available for withdrawal. While a different campaign was recently permitted for a pizzeria in Indiana, no laws were violated and the campaign remained live. However, the subjects of the 'Support Sweet Cakes By Melissa' campaign have been formally charged by local authorities and found to be in violation of Oregon state law concerning discriminatory acts. Accordingly, the campaign has been disabled," it added.

The account had received $109,000 when the site blocked it.... read more at link

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/g...e-for-gay-wedding-138186/#6dAW5DRUH3do0LCR.99

Better be ok with gay, or else.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
GoFundMe is ok with raising money for murderers, drug dealers and pedophiles convicted of crimes, but not Christian Bakeries - because its so much more serious to hurt the feelings of the gays. (actually the reason that go fund me shut the bakers one down, is because the gays got loud in complaints about it -these below shows their hypocrisy)

This convicted murderers account asking for appeals money is ok - Justice For Elijah Foundation

To see what he did, see this: Verdict reached in fatal birthday party beating

Then this one for a convicted drug dealer

Then also this one for a convicted pedophile who molested 2 girls.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
GoFundMe is ok with raising money for murderers, drug dealers and pedophiles convicted of crimes, but not Christian Bakeries - because its so much more serious to hurt the feelings of the gays. (actually the reason that go fund me shut the bakers one down, is because the gays got loud in complaints about it -these below shows their hypocrisy)

This convicted murderers account asking for appeals money is ok - Justice For Elijah Foundation

Then gather a group and publicly denounce these above. Otherwise, stop complaining ....the people have spoken, as its supposed to be in America.

jsjohnnt

Then gather a group and publicly denounce these above. Otherwise, stop complaining ....the people have spoken, as its supposed to be in America.
Amen. Its not all that nonsense about funding murderers that is the news; rather, the support that was raised for a Christian owned business. Hurting the feelings of gays was your opponents concern ?? Good grief. This is about religious freedom and nothing more. The business owners were asked about catering a gay wedding (who has a pizza parlor cater a wedding). The owner answered the question, but no one mentioned the fact that the pizza parlor does not cater and never has catered. This was only about what a person thinks. Only members of the goon squad would punish people for what they think, no?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Amen. Its not all that nonsense about funding murderers that is the news; rather, the support that was raised for a Christian owned business. Hurting the feelings of gays was your opponents concern ?? Good grief. This is about religious freedom and nothing more. The business owners were asked about catering a gay wedding (who has a pizza parlor cater a wedding). The owner answered the question, but no one mentioned the fact that the pizza parlor does not cater and never has catered. This was only about what a person thinks. Only members of the goon squad would punish people for what they think, no?

Amen indeed!
The tables have shifted, it's now time for the former oppressors to imbibe upon the ripe fruits of prior actions. By the sounds of all the whines and wails .....it must be quite the bitter undertaking.

jsjohnnt

The Right is "growing a pair" as they say . . . . . . . I own a small political blog. Here is an introduction, of sorts, to a cut and paste copy from Wikipedia on Manifest Destiny and the evils it pushed onto the American Indian population and more. I mention this, because "Manifest Destiny" is often one of the complaints of the anti-American cabal that is in leadership, today. I have eliminated the title of my blog, because this is not about an advertising stunt, it is about the truth of what is written. See what you think.

From the intro: "I find it interesting that the history Democrats complain about most, slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow laws, American imperialism, and, Manifest Destiny, were all the creation of Democrats to the exclusion of Republicans. How this bunch of hypocrites managed to rewrite history on all of this in the ensuing years beginning with the 1960's, is beyond me, but the facts are the fact.

I watched the Fox News program, Kit Carson, over the weekend, and was startled to see the sad role that Manifest Destiny played in the conquest of the Western United States. The following was taken from Wikipedia, hardly a conservative outpost, and, adds to the history of the once, imperialistic/racist collective, that was the Democrat Party through the 1960's. I don't mention this to blame Dems for the past, but, if they think they can turn the tables and blame the GOP for that which they created, well, that is not going to happen here, at x x x x x x ~ editor, John Smtihson.

From Wiki on "Manifest Destiny" :
Historians have emphasized that "Manifest Destiny" was a contested concept—Democrats endorsed the idea but many prominent Americans (such as Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, and most Whigs) rejected it. Historian Daniel Walker Howe writes, "American imperialism did not represent an American consensus; it provoked bitter dissent within the national polity.... Whigs saw America's moral mission as one of democratic example rather than one of conquest."[4]
Newspaper editor John O'Sullivan coined the term Manifest Destiny in 1845 to describe the essence of this mindset which was a rhetorical tone.[5] It was used by Democrats in the 1840s to justify the war with Mexico and it was also used to divide half of Oregon with the United Kingdom. But Manifest Destiny always limped along because of its internal limitations and the issue of slavery, says Merk. It never became a national priority. By 1843 John Quincy Adams, originally a major supporter, had changed his mind and repudiated Manifest Destiny because it meant the expansion of slavery in Texas.[6]
Merk concludes:

From the outset Manifest Destiny—vast in program, in its sense of continentalism—was slight in support. It lacked national, sectional, or party following commensurate with its magnitude. The reason was it did not reflect the national spirit. The thesis that it embodied nationalism, found in much historical writing, is backed by little real supporting evidence.[7] . . . . . . (and the article continues)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine for Refusing to Make Cake for Gay Wedding

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/g...e-for-gay-wedding-138186/#6dAW5DRUH3do0LCR.99

Better be ok with gay, or else.

That made some sense to me until I saw this...

Looks like a double standard on what funds they will leave open for people breaking laws.

TracerBullet

so it's OK for a business to refuse service to someone because they don’t like them and/or they find the people requesting the service disagreeable or they don't like how the customer wanted to use their product, but it’s not OK for GoFundMe to do the EXACT same thing?“

kmoney

Hall of Fame
so it's OK for a business to refuse service to someone because they don’t like them and/or they find the people requesting the service disagreeable or they don't like how the customer wanted to use their product, but it’s not OK for GoFundMe to do the EXACT same thing?“

That'd be fine, but that's not what they said their reason is. They said their reason is that they broke an Oregon law but they keep up other funds for people who broke laws. Seems to be inconsistent unless I'm missing a piece in this.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

I think that it's not all right in any case, but the general hypocrisy on all sides is sort of entertaining.

shagster01

There is a difference in raising money for legal fees associated with appeals and such vs. raising money to actually pay your punishment.

If the bakery was raising money to pay for the court costs of an appeal, you'd have a point about double standards. But as it is, it's apples and oranges.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen indeed!
The tables have shifted, it's now time for the former oppressors to imbibe upon the ripe fruits of prior actions.

So you don't really have a problem with oppression ...as long as it's against those you disagree with.

Got it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so it's OK for a business to refuse service to someone because they don’t like them and/or they find the people requesting the service disagreeable or they don't like how the customer wanted to use their product,

Yes ...

but it’s not OK for GoFundMe to do the EXACT same thing?“

It depends. IF they pick and choose who they will fund based on their own personal whims/preferences/morals, etc. then .... they are hypocrites.

Either business owners have the right to discriminate OR they don't. Which is it?