GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine.....

Angeltress

"and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean." Acts 10:28

Therefore, you should not be afraid to take the Word of God to these people, since that is what this verse is all about.
Long story short:
Cornelius, a gentile, had a vision telling him to send to Peter to learn from him.
As his messengers approached Joppa, where Peter was living, God also sent him a vision, letting him know that he was not to shun Cornelius because he was a gentile.
You are quoting out of context here, and I'm pretty sure you know it.

Angeltress

Homophobia - an irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. It includes antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and hatred of homosexuals

In other words, the attitude of people who care so little for them that they would withhold God's truth from them, knowing the consequences of their sin....
Gotcha.

Now tell us...when did these irrational feelings of fear and aversion, etc. first start?

Angeltress

doesn't change the fact that for generations have quoted the bible to justify their prejudices. Does that make racism moral?

Quoting the Bible out of context and putting your own spin on it to try to prove something that the Bible does not teach, is never moral.

Not when racists do it.
And not when "gay rights" activists do it.

Angeltress

So, wait. If I go into the corner grocery store barefoot, or not wearing a shirt over my bathing suit, they have the right to deny me service, right?

But they do not have the right to deny service to someone who is openly gay?

Why not?

TracerBullet

In other words, the attitude of people who care so little for them that they would withhold God's truth from them, knowing the consequences of their sin....
Gotcha.

Now tell us...when did these irrational feelings of fear and aversion, etc. first start?

I'm sorry you don't like the label homophobic applied to you, but you are a homophone. If you hate it that much try looking at your own behavior.

TracerBullet

So, wait. If I go into the corner grocery store barefoot, or not wearing a shirt over my bathing suit, they have the right to deny me service, right?

Why not?

what you wear doesn't make you a minority

no-shoes-no-shirt-no-service_1.jpg
dc24d9517345fe9c39d91a9ea665d647.jpg

There is a difference between these two things

Angeltress

I'm sorry you don't like the label homophobic applied to you, but you are a homophone. If you hate it that much try looking at your own behavior.

Gosh, you should tell some of my friends that.
Yes, I do have gay friends. Does that surprise you?

Telling them that "gay is okay" is much more hateful in the long run than telling them the truth.
And don't forget to tell them about the love and forgiveness of God.

Jesus also ate with publicans and sinners, didn't He?

Homophone? Is that a new kind of cell phone for gays????

Angeltress

what you wear doesn't make you a minority

no-shoes-no-shirt-no-service_1.jpg
dc24d9517345fe9c39d91a9ea665d647.jpg

There is a difference between these two things

As I told you before, you gravely insult a very great many good, upstanding Christian men and women who just happen to be of African descent when you compare their battle for equal rights with this nonsense of "gay marriage".
MLK had a dream...it was not a "wet dream".

Foxfire

Why not?
Because the former is a matter of public health while the latter is strictly a matter of personal discretionary prejudice.

Angeltress

There is a mixed couple living across the street from me...wonderful people. They have an adorable little boy.
If you were to tell the father of that family that the fight for his people to share basic human rights with white people is in any way comparable to the battle for "gay marriage", you'd be waking up in a hospital with a tube up your nose.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a mixed couple living across the street from me...wonderful people. They have an adorable little boy.
If you were to tell the father of that family that the fight for his people to share basic human rights with white people is in any way comparable to the battle for "gay marriage", you'd be waking up in a hospital with a tube up your nose.

That is the best example you can up with ... someone who is incapable of showing his *adorable little boy* that he can control his temper?

Angeltress

Because the former is a matter of public health while the latter is strictly a matter of personal discretionary prejudice.

First of all, how is my swim suit "unhealthy"?

And second, since when is a business not allowed to use the owner's discretion as to refusing service to someone?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
How interesting. Does EVERYONE here fall to ad hominum attacks in lieu of intelligent conversation?
If you presented intelligent conversation you would receive the same in return.

it's the same thing
How so?

True. However racial equality is a denounced as sin by the bible (at least according to generations of theologians)
Where in the Bible?

It was about equal rights and being treated just like everyone else...just like today's gay civil rights movement
Black people weren't asking anyone to celebrate sin.

Angeltress

That is the best example you can up with ... someone who is incapable of showing his *adorable little boy* that he can control his temper?

What I'm trying to tell you is that you insult decent Christians with your nonsense of trying to compare their battle with the current nonsense about "gay marriage".
Some of them are even more upset at the thought of exposing their children to people like you.

If I were you, I'd keep this stupid opinion to myself if I happen to find myself among African American Christians. Ya feel me?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I'm trying to tell you is that you insult decent Christians with your nonsense of trying to compare their battle with the current nonsense about "gay marriage".
Some of them are even more upset at the thought of exposing their children to people like you.

If I were you, I'd keep this stupid opinion to myself if I happen to find myself among African American Christians. Ya feel me?

Being that you are *newbie*, you have no idea what my "stupid opinion" is in regards to business owners and their rights.

Thank goodness you aren't me, though your "stupid opinion" has been noted. And disregarded.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Not everyone who posts here is a Christian. Tracer Bullet and Rusha are two who are not.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not everyone who posts here is a Christian. Tracer Bullet and Rusha are two who are not.

Not to mention that I normally side with the business owner in regards to how they operate their business.