God Did Not "Create" All Men Equal.

Adamhart

I am sure you are a very special little sorceror.

And, you will disbelieve in God until one moment after your death. Have a nice eternity in Hell, Sweetie.

Your friend, Shelli.

Why must you antangonize against someone just because he or she might not have the same beliefs than you?

You are rewarded the "Tinkling Cymbal" award

:first:Corinthians 13

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
There is no Scripture which says God "created" all men equal.

Rather, there is much Scripture to show how He created inequality amongst mankind. A fine example of this is to compare the creation of King David in Psalm 51:5 and John the Baptiser in Luke 1:5-17.

Another is the comparison between Isaac and Ishmael in Genesis 16. Jacob and Esau in Genesis 25 are another example.

Even in Heaven where humans are in their recreated state of being reflecting their glorified nature, Jesus identifies in Matthew 5:19 a hierarchy of "least" and "greatest."

This notion of created "equality" is merely a human contrivance.

Shelli.

God made mankind.

Sam Colt made them equal.

(someone had to say it)

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it does. A law which does not afford all men equal standing is unjust prima facie.

Scripture doesn’t speak of the need for antibiotics either. That’s a silly point. And God may mete out different punishment, but not justice, which is the standard for judgment and punishment.

You need a good government class…no, possessions are not rights. Property is not a right, though you have the right to own property. And felons are not born so.

Now you’re confusing a right with ability. The ability to retain more effective counsel is not a right. The right would be to have counsel in the first place.

Probably true. And if so to the extent that it is so it is unjust.

As I fully set out by attribution and quotation…God never argued for democracy either. Do you want a monarchy? And how do you know that God, who according to Romans is the seat of governmental authority, didn't inspire Jefferson to write those very words which set a new course for human governing?

Under the law it does. The moment you have inequality there you have injustice and that is a very real form of tyranny.

Where did I write that? I don’t remember putting that in…I just read my post and I don’t see it. But if an exchange of ideas isn’t personal then you aren’t putting enough into it.

Right. And Jefferson didn’t believe that men ‘attained’ those rights by an act of man, but that each man was born with them, that other men through tyranny abrogated what was naturally the right of each of us, that these rights were given us by our creator. But I’d suggest that before we can discuss the validity of a proposition we need to agree on the terms we use. As of this moment your working definition of what constitutes a right for the purpose of discussion is, to be charitable, broad.

There are many Laws of God which are unequal. The Laws He imposed which made Prophets and Kings in Judah and Israel caused inequality because not all had access to kingship and prophethood. The Laws regarding Aaronic and Levitic priesthood was entirely discriminatory, and created inequality at birth. The Law of predestination, where some are made for destruction, shown in II Peter 2:12. The successive Laws of the Covenants with God's chosen Jews made them unequal with the rest of humankind via birth identity. And, yes, there are also multitudes of God's Laws which apply equally to all humans.

There is no statement in Scripture to establish any so called "prima facie" ideology being of an axiomatic nature to require inherent equality within God's justice. God does what He wills for whatever reason He wants. That is called "sovereignty."

I am pleased you found the inconsistency I placed regarding the felony loss of rights and enhanced legal represention not being birth issues. Perhaps, then, you will be able to see all by yourself the distinction between differing rights at birth by God's Will demonstrated in Scripture and the humanly contrived notions of "equal rights" pandered in America's founding documents which cite no Scripture for their basis.

Jefferson, as articulate and visionary he was, quoted no Scripture in his statements describing American foundations of government. Anybody can insert the name of God with some churchy sounding phraseology into innumerable humanly contrived ideologies. Just read Church history, and read the socio/political/spiritual history of any "Christian" nation.

Perhaps we con continue to discuss the issue of equality/inequality at birth, as this thread originally specified, rather than mix into the discussion the issues of attained and lost rights after birth. Actually, the issue of human "rights" is not germain to the issue of inequality at creation, so I need not define "rights" as you suppose I should to continue this little chat.

So far, I have seen in here no direct reference from Scripture showing or stating this so called principle that "all men are created equal." I will wait a little longer for that answer, amidst all the other loose comments and cognitive angst proffered as "discussion."

Since you made this issue based thread into a personal exchange by suggesting for me "a good government class," would you like me to suggest some "good classes" from which you might benefit your thinking skills and verbal capacities... ? Be glad to. Anything which works to wean people from parroted Unscriptural ideologies is a good thing.

Shelli.

Last edited:

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
God didn't create all men. He created one man. He fell. The rest of us
were born in his likeness...

Can you find Scripture which says we are "equal" in every way to Adam?

"Likeness" is not equality. Being in God's image is far from equality.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
:thumb:

You'd think everyone else would know that.

Yes, Christians do know that. But their misconstrued implications of that are the problem.

God wants us to do more than just parrot what we have been told in church, especially in today's churches by professional church talkers.

Mystery

Yes, Christians do know that. But their misconstrued implications of that are the problem.
How so?

God wants us to do more than just parrot what we have been told in church, especially in today's churches by professional church talkers.
What have we been told in church, and what is it that God wants us to know that we haven't been told in church?

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
Don't sound so happy about that or anything... I, also, didn't agree with your previous post.

Justice has a common denominator that makes us all equals. Even though one person owns a house, and another owns a shoe box each are equally defined as owners even though the value of their possessions are not equal. Yet, God does not Judge us based on what we have, but who we are and by how far we intentionally fall away from him.

Just because you put out some words don't mean you are following the matters put forth in the original post. "Justice" is a seperate issue from how individuals are "created" by God.

Unnerstand ... ?

Can you share some Scripture which specifies that God "created" all men equal?

(Very typical for a new Christian to have wandering attention.)

Shelli.

Shelli

BANNED
Banned
How so?

What have we been told in church, and what is it that God wants us to know that we haven't been told in church?

Somehow, our likeness to both God and to Adam spurs people to the notion we are created equal. That is the relative problem, here.

The answer to your question about misconstrued and ommitted information within churches is not part of this thread. But, I would be glad to either start or participate in such a discussion in a seperate thread. Wanna do it ... ?

For now, how about if you furnish us with the Scripture which says all men are created equal?

Shelli.

patman

Just because you put out some words don't mean you are following the matters put forth in the original post. "Justice" is a seperate issue from how individuals are "created" by God.

Unnerstand ... ?

Can you share some Scripture which specifies that God "created" all men equal?

(Very typical for a new Christian to have wandering attention.)

Shelli.

Shelli, I wasn't addressing your first post, was I? I was addressing the one I had the most issue with. The one where you smeared the name of justice and misunderstood how it worked, then seemed a little overjoyed at someone's condemnation.

Whenever I have to tell someone this, the mood is much more somber. I cannot condemn to hell someone over believing a different theological issue, but only for rejecting Jesus Christ.

When God created man, here is what happened:

Gen 2
20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
23 And Adam said:
“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;

She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

These were the only two humans God created. They were one flesh, though they were two people. Of all creation, she was the only other creature that was comparable to man. Adam needed her as she needed him.

Both were both one. So even though each had their own strengths, they completed each other. In short, though they did different things, they were both equal. They were both one.

As it goes, some are born with more abilities than others. We however are the same because these abilities are not our own, but rather God's. Who made music? Who made the fingers that play the piano? Who gave man his voice? Who gave man muscle? Everything we have we received from our creator, so we cannot boast that what we have is ours.

1 Corinthians 4:7
For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

As a christian, who is our strength when we are weak? Is it not Christ?

When we are stripped of these things (which we will be at the grave) we find we are equals. And God will judge us in the same way. He also loves us the same. He returns love the same, and rewards the same. He will see that all are punished the same. In this, he equally treats us according to our works, or according to his grace if we received it.

Consider the parable about the rich man giving the 3 men different talents. Each man was judged the same, according what he had been given, not by what he made. The second man wasn't thrown out because his money didn't equal the first. They were both accepted because they both did well with their talents.

It is not what we start with that gives us value, but what we do with what we started with. Some become great, some give up the ability to improve. Yet all are measured by the same accord, and are treated as equals, and loved as equals.

Matthew 20:12
saying, ‘These last men have worked only one hour, and you made them equal to us who have borne the burden and the heat of the day.’

Deuteronomy 1:17
You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small as well as the great; you shall not be afraid in any man’s presence, for the judgment is God’s. The case that is too hard for you, bring to me, and I will hear it.’

Romans 2:11
For there is no partiality with God.

1 Peter 1:17
And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;

Why is God so impartial? Because our wealth and abilities are nothing to him. These are not what makes us worth anything to him. If a rich man and a poor man are brought to court, they are not "equals" according to the worldly view of equal. But in the only court that matters, they are. In the end, we are all poor, needing food. All are weak, needing strength.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The idea of human "equality" seems pretty silly on its face. We may be entitled to the same equal rights but that's where human "equality" grinds to a halt.

Mystery

Somehow, our likeness to both God and to Adam spurs people to the notion we are created equal. That is the relative problem, here.
This contention of yours as been addressed in full. God created one man. That one man fell from his created state. To suggest otherwise proves you to be a fool.

The answer to your question about misconstrued and ommitted information within churches is not part of this thread.
:rolleyes: You brought it up.

For now, how about if you furnish us with the Scripture which says all men are created equal?
Look, you stupid twit, "all men" are not created.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This contention of yours as been addressed in full. God created one man. That one man fell from his created state. To suggest otherwise proves you to be a fool.

:rolleyes: You brought it up.

Look, you stupid twit, "all men" are not created.

:think:

God Did Not "Create" All Men Equal.

Maybe the wording should have been, "God does not cause men born to be 'Equal'"

Our being born, to who, or where, or how, is something when we are being birthed that we have no control over.

Some are born . . .
  • Into caste society, low/middle/high.
  • Into poverty.
  • Into a high society family.
  • To be out cast, because of sickness and affliction.
  • And so forth.
So equal rights and human eqaulity is wide and varied.​

- 30 -​

:scripto:. . Psalmist