ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Doctrine matters.

Titus 1 KJV
(9) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
(10) For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
(11) Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

1 Timothy 4 KJV
(16) Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

IMJerusha

Doctrine matters.

Titus 1 KJV
(9) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
(10) For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
(11) Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

1 Timothy 4 KJV
(16) Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Sound doctrine matters. Sound doctrine is that which is supported by all of Scripture, not just the bits we want to pay heed to.

heir

TOL Subscriber
As am I.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

How can anyone ever grow up in Him in all things if no one says anything? Love worketh no ill to his neighbor, glory. It would be working ill to say nothing. We are told to preach the word with all longsuffering AND doctrine. I've tried to do that here.

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Heir is not unpopular. She is an asset to this site.

Setting this site up over God and Yeshua, Tambora?

Now that is just about the dumbest thing I've heard come out of your yap yet, IMJ. You totally twisted and reinvented what Tam said. You must have been the TWIST Queen back in the day at your school. The Schoolmaster probably had to put you in time out just to keep your skirt from flying too high and distracting the boys.

Heir is an asset to this site and you're one of the main reasons we consider her an asset.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Forgiving and Forgiveness

Here's another point.

For which is easier, to say, "Your sins are forgiven you," or to say, "Arise and walk"? Matthew 9:5​

God's Truth

People needs to understand the seriousness of this debate.

People trying to be saved [or trying to maintain their salvation] by obeying commandments are fallen from grace.

Laws and commandments are the letter that killeth.

Jesus said "follow Me" Paul said "be ye imitators of me " it is not obedience to commands but following a way...it is a LIFE.

What you are saying is contradictive; not only that, it is bizarre, and a strange belief. You are trying to make one fearful to do right. There is not a wrong time to obey Jesus. It is not sinful to obey Jesus. It is not condemnable when one obeys Jesus.

You warn and teach people to be careful about obeying Jesus! I want to laugh at you so hard, but you are in a sad situation which is harmful to you and those who believe what you say.

There is nowhere anywhere in the Bible that says what you say; in fact, what you say goes against God, for Jesus has always told us to obey him.

Fallen from grace even does not mean damned, it means fallen from the blessings and fruits that come from being in Christ, abiding in Him.

...but to teach this as doctrine is a serious matter.

You say it is not damnable to fall from grace. Don't you know it makes a person back to the condemned place they were in before they were saved? You do not even know that, yet you want to warn and teach people!

Just as Peter says, people misunderstand Paul. Paul never tells anyone they have fallen from grace if they obey Jesus!

IMJerusha

Now that is just about the dumbest thing I've heard come out of your yap yet, IMJ. You totally twisted and reinvented what Tam said. You must have been the TWIST Queen back in the day at your school. The Schoolmaster probably had to put you in time out just to keep your skirt from flying too high and distracting the boys.

Ever see the movie Arthur, Glorydaz? I just love John Gielgud's line to Liza Minelli..."Usually one must go to a bowling alley to meet a woman of your stature."

Heir is an asset to this site...

While she slaps good Brother Psalmist around, declaring him unsaved. Working both ends against the middle, aren't you?

and you're one of the main reasons we consider her an asset.

I consider that quite the compliment but your propensity for dual natured behavior lends toward insincerity. Pity. :sigh:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus forgave sins and offered and gave salvation to many long before he died on a cross outside the gates of Jerusalem.

Jesus' tradition of a God of mercy who only wants repentance is an old one and dates back to the Book of Genesis. There are two strains sometimes written in the same verse, but often in opposition to each other.

A God we come before in repentance and a contrite heart is the God of Jesus and John the Baptizer, and this tradition is also found embedded in the New Testament.

But there is a more recent tradition that began with the Aaronite Priestly cult in Moses' day. It mandated the spilling of blood on the altar for salvation from sin.
The Gospel of John as well as the authentic letters of Paul reveal this tradition.

Jesus quoted Hosea and asserted "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." The idea of a bloody sacrifice would have disgusted a kosher Jew like Jesus. Even in metaphoric form (the drinking of his blood and the eating of his body in the three "Last Supper" accounts) he would have turned away.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
  • Forgiveness is in place all we have to do is do it. When acted upon it is a done deal for the forgiver and the forgiven.
  • Forgiveness, as often as necessary, Matthew 18:21-22.
  • Yes redemption is a done deal, Jesus said, "It is finished!" John 19:30
  • Never said anything about redemption being forgiveness.
  • Yes, Jesus redeemed us, that's why He is the Redeemer. It's not automatic, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9-10, 13.
  • Yes, often, "Our Father" the Lord's Prayer, Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:2-4

thank you for that

redemption is a done deal - it is finished
but
our work is not
we must forgive

heir

TOL Subscriber
no
forgiveness is not a done deal
redemption is a done deal
the above is a lie of the devil

the truth:

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

You believe not and are blinded 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
2 Peter 3:16King James Version (KJV)

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While she slaps good Brother Psalmist around, declaring him unsaved. Working both ends against the middle, aren't you?
I've knocked around before and said I wasn't this or I wasn't that, so it's nothing new.

As for my being saved, born again, redeemed, blood bought; well I am.