ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

brinny

Forgiving and Forgiveness

16.gif
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." ~John 13:35

By Our Love

God's Truth

People needs to understand the seriousness of this debate.

People trying to be saved [or trying to maintain their salvation] by obeying commandments are fallen from grace.

Laws and commandments are the letter that killeth.

Jesus said "follow Me" Paul said "be ye imitators of me " it is not obedience to commands but following a way...it is a LIFE.

What you are saying is contradictive; not only that, it is bizarre, and a strange belief. You are trying to make one fearful to do right. There is not a wrong time to obey Jesus. It is not sinful to obey Jesus. It is not condemnable when one obeys Jesus.

You warn and teach people to be careful about obeying Jesus! I want to laugh at you so hard, but you are in a sad situation which is harmful to you and those who believe what you say.

There is nowhere anywhere in the Bible that says what you say; in fact, what you say goes against God, for Jesus has always told us to obey him.

Fallen from grace even does not mean damned, it means fallen from the blessings and fruits that come from being in Christ, abiding in Him.

...but to teach this as doctrine is a serious matter.

You say it is not damnable to fall from grace. Don't you know it makes a person back to the condemned place they were in before they were saved? You do not even know that, yet you want to warn and teach people!

Just as Peter says, people misunderstand Paul. Paul never tells anyone they have fallen from grace if they obey Jesus!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Forgiveness is not a done deal?

no
forgiveness is not a done deal
redemption is a done deal
and
this is not just semantics
redemption is not forgiveness
Jesus redeemed us
we still have to repent
we still have to ask for forgiveness
and
that is why we continue to say the Our Father

heir

TOL Subscriber
Actually, the Gospel doesn't need to be defended. It has a power of it's own, but people can do more damage than good by their lack of love and understanding.
Paul was set in defence of the gospel and it came from love.

Philippians 1:15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:

Philippians 1:16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

Philippians 1:17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

And I'm fully aware that the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV) I am fully aware that the preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV). That too, tells us that it's not Mark 11:25-26 KJV! It also tells us that God chose the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV). We're to preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering AND doctrine! Paul used the term doctrine 23 times in a KJB. Some would have us to close our mouths, but we can see there is a need to keep talking...1 Timothy 4:16 KJV in the context "saved" is from seducing spirits and doctrines of devils which just so happens to be what I believe telling others Mark 11 is to us when we've already been forgiven all trespasses/forgiveness is already a done deal and it had nothing to do with us forgiving!
Psalmist's doctrine isn't the only one "in need of correction". Yours and mine could stand some correcting, too.
Actually, I stated, "His doctrine is in need of correction with scripture". That's one of the things scripture is for (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). Why would anyone argue against that?

There isn't a one of us who has all the answers, and only spiritual pride would make us insist we do.
Who's insisting that? God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4 KJV). One would hope (more like "beseech") that we walk worthy of the vocation wherewith we are called endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit that was already made (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV). There should be a willingness by those who nameth the name of Christ to correct their doctrine to align with God/to hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV). When they don't therein lies a problem. The Holy Ghost teach us by comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV). That doesn't happen with heels dug in using Mark 11:25-26 KJV as the "final answer".

You say it's "resistance of the truth", and I say there is no resistance to the TRUTH, and I've been reading Psalmist's posts long enough to know he does not resist Jesus Christ. Our ignorance on any particular "rule of law" is not what matters.
This is not about what I say or what you say. This is and always should be about what saith the scripture. Mark 11:25-26 KJV means what it says to whom it was said. It is not said TO us nor is it just the attitude we should have as some suggest. It's emphatic to Israel and is not our pattern. We go to Paul, our pattern (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and Paul writes Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV.

What Mark wrote and what Paul wrote on forgiveness are as different as night and day. Mark shows a requirement by God in order for forgiveness of trespasses (trespasses still an issue) while Paul writes of all trespasses already forgiven by the operation of God through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place Colossians 2:11-13 KJV (trespasses not an issue).To act as if holding either one as our pattern today is acceptable is flat out resistance to the truth of the matter (1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
no
forgiveness is not a done deal
redemption is a done deal
and
this is not just semantics
redemption is not forgiveness
Jesus redeemed us
we still have to repent
we still have to ask for forgiveness
and
that is why we continue to say the Our Father
  • Forgiveness is in place all we have to do is do it. When acted upon it is a done deal for the forgiver and the forgiven.
  • Forgiveness, as often as necessary, Matthew 18:21-22.
  • Yes redemption is a done deal, Jesus said, "It is finished!" John 19:30
  • Never said anything about redemption being forgiveness.
  • Yes, Jesus redeemed us, that's why He is the Redeemer. It's not automatic, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:9-10, 13.
  • Yes, often, "Our Father" the Lord's Prayer, Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 11:2-4

meshak

BANNED
Banned
nice one meshak
I do forgive you
but
I do wonder if I can continue to ask you questions
you have not responded well to them
do you understand why?

when you ask me questions I already answered, I feel you are manipulating to go your way. I am not a catholic, so you cannot expect the answers the way you are taught by your church from me.

And I believe you already know my faith.

I always answer one time.

blessings.

and thank you for your forgiveness.

Jerry Shugart

Forgiveness is not a done deal?

In one sense, the forgiveness of sins is a done deal:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).​

That refers to the forgiveness of sins which is necessary for salvation. On the other hand, once we are saved and commit a sin then we are to confess that sin for the forgiveness of sin:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

This forgiveness of sins is in regard to staying in fellowship with the LORD.

IMJerusha

It's shocking how many people think they are in need of God forgiving their trespasses when Paul writes that we are already forgiven all trespasses. That is the point of me even getting involved in a thread such as this. I don't care about man's opinion. I am only interested in what saith the scripture. Psalmist holds Mark 11:25-26 KJV over people today as the pattern for forgiveness and he's wrong for doing so as it is contrary to the gospel and doctrine of the apostle Paul TO us. It doesn't make me popular for charging him to teach no other doctrine, but so be it.

1 Timothy 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,

That's not what makes you unpopular. We can differ doctrinally. What we cannot do is take upon ourselves a power that belongs solely to God and Yeshua. Psalmist loves the Lord Yeshua as do I. You have no right to try to take us from Him with your doctrinal understandings and indeed that is what you are trying to do. You're not content to let Yeshua do His Will in our lives. You want Him to do it your way. And if that is what Mid Acts Dispensationalism is all about, why would anyone who loves and honors the Father and Yeshua want anything to do with it?

IMJerusha

What about forgiving and forgetting?

Do we not forget and drag past what we have forgiven like dead men's bones or do we let it go and move on?

How am I supposed to forget that people I trusted, that my parents trusted, turned on my parents in their greatest hour of need? How am I supposed to forget that they turned their backs on everything Yeshua had taught them? I can't forget that. I can forgive it but I can't forget it. I would be a fool to place my trust before those people again like pearls before swine and I would have to forget Yeshua's teaching in order to forget what they did.