ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In the New Covenant of his blood, we are to forgive to be forgiven.

I'm gunna xpose you like I did shackles, you are like her for hypocrisy

IF you forgive your brethren...why do you not assemble with them?

You are disobedient in not assembling together...you must have a grudge against them.

Yet you crow like shackles does "we must obey"

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Funny!

I also like this quote from Born Losers.
Cueball: "Hey, Kimosabe. Didn't they teach you how to read in squaw school?"

The Indian Nation laughs at that harder than we do. Cueball, a white man, accuses his good and faithful male friend (Kimosabe)of attending school for ladies of the evening (I put that pleasantly) and expects him to have learned to read there. That's hilarious! Just a bit of insight there.

IMJerusha

I'm gunna xpose you like I did shackles, you are like her for hypocrisy

IF you forgive your brethren...why do you no assemble with them?

You are disobedient in not assembling together...you must have a grudge against them.

Yet you crow like shackles does "we must obey"

Paul did what he could to be obedient. He wasn't perfect but he still strived. What's your issue with someone seeking obedience to Yeshua? Isn't that the same thing as seeking to be like Yeshua? Was Yeshua a hypocrite? No. I don't get what upsets folks so much about obedience.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Paul did what he could to be obedient. He wasn't perfect. What's your issue with someone seeking obedience to Yeshua? Isn't that the same thing as seeking to be like Yeshua? Was Yeshua a hypocrite? No.

Much different thing that you describe there and the teaching that only through perfect obedience to the law is one saved. If perfect obedience to the law saved, we would need no Savior.

IMJerusha

"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, "All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever." And this is the word that was preached to you." 1 Peter 1:22-25

SaulToPaul 2

"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, "All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever." And this is the word that was preached to you." 1 Peter 1:22-25

Of course his words don't vanish.

But, you don't keep all of them. You couldn't if you wanted to. That's my point.

IMJerusha

Much different thing that you describe there and the teaching that only through perfect obedience to the law is one saved. If perfect obedience to the law saved, we would need no Savior.

No, that's not what I'm describing at all nor is it what Yeshua described to His Disciples as He was preparing them for His departure. (John 15) Peter clearly spelled it out in 1 Peter 1:13-25 as did John in 1 John 3.

IMJerusha

Of course his words don't vanish.

Then should you have posted in such a way as to cast doubt on that fact?

But, you don't keep all of them. You couldn't if you wanted to. That's my point.

But for that which Yeshua abrogated, we should strive, for no other reason than the love and honor of God and Yeshua and the remaining in Yeshua. Please show me anywhere in Scripture where, as a result of Yeshua's death and resurrection, we now have God's permission to remain and wallow in lawlessness. We either claim Him, know Him and follow after Him or we don't. Forgiving and forgiveness is part of that as is obedience. Yeshua dispelled the curse of the Law, not the Law itself. Those who love Him take joy in the Law (Romans 7:22); they don't slap a hex symbol on it and declare a sin free for all because, as Paul stated, it is by the Law we identify sin (Romans 7:7). And how curious is that since Yeshua, who embodies the Law, said the same thing. ("I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.")

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a brown scapular.

scap103_zpsa16225f8.jpg

Do you have a magic decoder ring too?

IMJerusha

a big part
and
some here are not comfortable with that

A LOT here are not comfortable with that. I have to wonder where their confidence in Yeshua went? This "He did it so we don't have to do anything" doctrine is wrong considering that we are to follow Him as He walks...WALKS as in right now, post resurrection.