ECT For those who believe God requires works to be or stay saved

Cross Reference

Parents instruct their children to keep the law, (ten commandments) and that keeps the obedient children within range of becoming saved, when God calls.

LA

Yes! Bring up a child without those instructions and when he is old he won't be able to receive them. . . . . . I think I read that somewhere.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
It is work to raise children in the admonition of the Lord, for without it the children go after all sorts of sin presented to them by the worldly children, and adults who say they can not sin like they do until they are older.

LA
Age of accountability is false doctrine

Cross Reference

Men are totally depraved. 100% spiritually dead. There are no real zoombies

I believe that all of mankind has been redeemed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. However, please elaborate your thoughts that you might make make it believable in light of SOUND scripture that clearly refutes your opinion. Please use and name the books, authors/writers, papers, etc that you have gleaned your thinking. That's OK. I would like to know because there are many, for obvious reasons, I have not bothered to read. Thank you.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I believe that all of mankind has been redeemed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. However, please elaborate your thoughts that you might make make it believable in light of SOUND scripture that clearly refutes your opinion. Please use and name the books, authors/writers, papers, etc that you have gleaned your thinking. That's OK. I would like to know because there are many, for obvious reasons, I have not bothered to read. Thank you.
I think the bible states at least one person will go to hell. If you say all will be saved then you have nothing to worry about

Cross Reference

I think the bible states at least one person will go to hell. If you say all will be saved then you have nothing to worry about

I didn't say all will be saved, did I? Salvation is a choice each man must make for himself upon hearing the account of Jesus redeeming the whole world. Reject the account and at your own cost..

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say all will be saved, did I? Salvation is a choice each man must make for himself upon hearing the account of Jesus redeeming the whole world. Reject the account and at your own cost..
You said, I believe that all of mankind has been redeemed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

All redeemed by Jesus will be saved only means certain people, the elects. The all here means only those drawn and given to Jesus. The given are saved. The given are sheep. You included the goats in the saved category. Those that were chosen before birth. Every chosen elects are saved. Read you bible as a whole. Your post are the same as universalism

Cross Reference

You said, I believe that all of mankind has been redeemed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

All redeemed by Jesus will be saved only means certain people, the elects. The all here means only those drawn and given to Jesus. The given are saved. The given are sheep. You included the goats in the saved category. Those that were chosen before birth. Every chosen elects are saved. Read you bible as a whole. Your post are the same as universalism

Redemption was for all and accomplished by Jesus. Redemption does NOT mean salvation. What it means is that, universally, mankind was restored to the possibilities of direct access to God that Adam's transgression severed. That is NOT debatable. It is a fact. Salvation is subsequent to redemption and by faith it can only be appropriated. It should be needless to say not all have nor will some ever accept such "Good News".

journey

Redemption was for all and accomplished by Jesus. Redemption does NOT mean salvation. What it means is that, universally, mankind was restored to the possibilities of direct access to God that Adam's transgression severed. That is NOT debatable. It is a fact. Salvation is subsequent to redemption and by faith it can only be appropriated. It should be needless to say not all have nor will some ever accept such "Good News".

"Redemption" in many New Testament passages of Scripture is synonymous with Salvation and deliverance.

Cross Reference

You need a Bible dictionary and a beginner course on Salvation. You really need to start over with the basics.

The basis of life is redemption, not salvation. One is a fact, the other is of faith. Your faith has failed you in sorting it out the simplicity of it all.

journey

Rom 3:24-26 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

"Redemption" from above in bold:

From Strong's Numbers -

G629

ἀπολύτρωσις
apolutrōsis
ap-ol-oo'-tro-sis
From a compound of G575 and G3083; (the act) ransom in full, that is, (figuratively) riddance, or (specifically) Christian salvation: - deliverance, redemption.
Total KJV occurrences: 10

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Adam's transgression did not sever the possibility of access to God.

The Lord spoke to Adam and Eve, Cain, Enoch, Noah, Abraham........

The supposed FALL doctrine has all of those who buy into it confused from jump street.

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed , and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him , though he be not far from every one of us:

Acts 17:28 KJV

28 For in him we live , and move , and have our being ; as certain also of your own poets have said , For we are also his offspring.

Cross Reference

Rom 3:24-26 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

"Redemption" from above in bold:

From Strong's Numbers -

G629

ἀπολύτρωσις
apolutrōsis
ap-ol-oo'-tro-sis
From a compound of G575 and G3083; (the act) ransom in full, that is, (figuratively) riddance, or (specifically) Christian salvation: - deliverance, redemption.
Total KJV occurrences: 10

There you have it, that redemption is NOT salvation but the result of the price paid by Jesus Christ for all mankind that they might obtain salvation through faith, believing the account of His sacrifice and the reason why..
Redemption was/is a not something faith rewards, we had nothing to with it nor could we. It was a happening by Jesus to be understood as the means/venue for man to obtain salvation because it canceled the POWER of sin over mankind. The result being "salvation" by the exercising of one's faith when understood . . . not be confused with being born again. So get it straight: Redemption is a fact purposed to be the new foundation of man's life who, by faith, places his life in Christ Jesus as a new born child of God. cf John 1:12 kjv.

journey

There you have it, that redemption is NOT salvation but the result of the price paid by Jesus Christ for all mankind that they might obtain salvation through faith, believing the account of His sacrifice and the reason why..
Redemption was/is a not something faith rewards, we had nothing to with it nor could we. It was a happening by Jesus to be understood as the means/venue for man to obtain salvation because it canceled the POWER of sin over mankind. The result being "salvation" by the exercising of one's faith when understood . . . not be confused with being born again. So get it straight: Redemption is a fact purposed to be the new foundation of man's life who, by faith, places his life in Christ Jesus as a new born child of God. cf John 1:12 kjv.

You've been given the TRUTH, and you can take it or leave it. It appears that I'm wasting my time with you.