ECT For those who believe God requires works to be or stay saved

journey

Try understanding John 3:16 . . . for starters and for understanding. If you need help, I'll kindly reply with what I know it says..

:crackup: I knew that you wouldn't try to define redemption and salvation because that would make you look silly with what you have already posted. You look silly anyway.

Cross Reference

:crackup: I knew that you wouldn't try to define redemption and salvation because that would make you look silly with what you have already posted. You look silly anyway.

And I knew you have never read John 3:16 for understanding. . . maybe never read it at all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Means you're a lost soul swimming in a bowl of Semi-Pelagianism that say the sinner has the ability to initiate belief in God or God's grace is a response to man's initial effort.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
06aa731027a24d4db10538b684a1488d.jpg

If you believe God is sovereign of all things, then you are Calvinistic. If you think your free will is primary and that you initiate your salvation, then you think you have the same merit as God.

It's called 'Reformed' theology for a reason- going back to the original, pure message and undoing all the centuries of heresy and control people think they have.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
The elects believe

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

If you believe God is sovereign of all things, then you are Calvinistic. If you think your free will is primary and that you initiate your salvation, then you think you have the same merit as God.

It's called 'Reformed' theology for a reason- going back to the original, pure message and undoing all the centuries of heresy and control people think they have.
Tell us where God is not. Is there a place that God is not there? What molecule runs without God?

Cross Reference

God doesn't go against man's will. Never that I see. That lies at core of our understanding why God gave man a freewill, i.e., God was and is always looking for man to choose Him. However, God, in His sovereignty, may to chose to make man willing to be willing. But that, I suppose would depend upon His foreknowledge.

themuzicman

Question:

What is their purpose? How do works figure in to you getting or staying justified, to the point that without works you will be lost? What is it exactly that your works do for you, or for God, or both?

Do you mean works other than faith?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Means you're a lost soul swimming in a bowl of Semi-Pelagianism that say the sinner has the ability to initiate belief in God or God's grace is a response to man's initial effort.

Parents instruct their children to keep the law, (ten commandments) and that keeps the obedient children within range of becoming saved, when God calls.

LA

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Parents instruct their children to keep the law, (ten commandments) and that keeps the obedient children within range of becoming saved, when God calls.

LA
God already did the calling of His Elects but you're following the earning style of salvation that came from man. Go work for salvation and tell us if it works. Happy boasting ! There ought to be a holiday named after you.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't go against man's will. Never that I see. That lies at core of our understanding why God gave man a freewill, i.e., God was and is always looking for man to choose Him. However, God, in His sovereignty, may to chose to make man willing to be willing. But that, I suppose would depend upon His foreknowledge.
Good doesn't need to go against man's will cause they don't want God.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you mean works other than faith?
You unbelievers are so funny and lost.
Rom 4:4-5 KJV Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Believing God is faith and IT is declared to be the opposite of work!

You think that God owes you a debt?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Do you understand what witnessed means?

This verse is saying that the law and prophets testified before hand the righteousness of God.

What is this righteousness?

The faith of Jesus Christ.

Which was testified of before hand by the law and the prophets.

What did Paul preach?

The testimony of the law and prophets to those who were under the law.

And the testimony of the prophets to those Gentiles who were not under the law.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do you understand what witnessed means?

This verse is saying that the law and prophets testified before hand the righteousness of God.

What is this righteousness?

The faith of Jesus Christ.

Which was testified of before hand by the law and the prophets.

What did Paul preach?

The testimony of the law and prophets to those who were under the law.

And the testimony of the prophets to those Gentiles who were not under the law.

OK, yer learnin'. What's yer beef, porky ?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA

God already did the calling of His Elects but you're following the earning style of salvation that came from man. Go work for salvation and tell us if it works. Happy boasting ! There ought to be a holiday named after you.

It is work to raise children in the admonition of the Lord, for without it the children go after all sorts of sin presented to them by the worldly children, and adults who say they can not sin like they do until they are older.

LA