Far Better To Build Immune System than Count on Vaccines

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The dumb and lazy cannot see why we need a Constitution or restraints on governmental authority.
Which of your constitutionally enumerated freedoms are violated by getting vaccinated? Your freedom of speech? Your freedom to bare arms? Your freedom to assemble? Your freedom to be an idiot? Oh wait...

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
On the 6th of January 1777, George Washington wrote to Dr. William Shippen Jr., ordering him to inoculate all of the forces that came through Philadelphia. He explained that: "Necessity not only authorizes but seems to require the measure, for should the disorder infect the Army . . . we should have more to dread from it, than from the Sword of the Enemy."

All of the forces that came through Philadelphia to make up the VOLUNTARY army?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Secure in your person
Only if you reject strict constructionism. But I thought you were a conservative. And the Supreme Court, whose constitutionally-appointed job is to interpret the Constitution, obviously disagrees with you. Trump's appointments to the Court disagree with you.

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"Requiring a vaccine doesn’t infringe on any of your rights, but in particular it does not infringe on your Fourth Amendment rights," said Georgetown University Global Health Law expert, Professor Lawrence Gostin, "Fourth Amendment is a – an unlawful search and seizure normally in your home and this is neither a search or seizure. Nor is it unreasonable."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"Requiring a vaccine doesn’t infringe on any of your rights, but in particular it does not infringe on your Fourth Amendment rights," said Georgetown University Global Health Law expert, Professor Lawrence Gostin, "Fourth Amendment is a – an unlawful search and seizure normally in your home and this is neither a search or seizure. Nor is it unreasonable."

Try to vaccinate me against my will without seizing me

marke

Which of your constitutionally enumerated freedoms are violated by getting vaccinated? Your freedom of speech? Your freedom to bare arms? Your freedom to assemble? Your freedom to be an idiot? Oh wait...
No freedom is violated if a person takes the vaccine or refuses the vaccine as a matter of free choice.

marke

On the 6th of January 1777, George Washington wrote to Dr. William Shippen Jr., ordering him to inoculate all of the forces that came through Philadelphia. He explained that: "Necessity not only authorizes but seems to require the measure, for should the disorder infect the Army . . . we should have more to dread from it, than from the Sword of the Enemy."

Would it be an infringement of individual rights for the government to quarantine anyone with the aids virus to keep them from having sex with others? If you don't think so then I think I can see why we differ on issues of personal freedom.

marke

Only if you reject strict constructionism. But I thought you were a conservative. And the Supreme Court, whose constitutionally-appointed job is to interpret the Constitution, obviously disagrees with you. Trump's appointments to the Court disagree with you.
Democrats frequently disagree with SCOTUS judges who disagree with democrats. SCOTUS does not determine truth - it determines what people in the US are going to do and accept regardless of what the truth really is. If the majority of SCOTUS judges are corrupted then the judgments of the court will often be stupid and wrong.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Would it be an infringement of individual rights for the government to quarantine anyone with the aids virus to keep them from having sex with others? If you don't think so then I think I can see why we differ on issues of personal freedom.
Do you plan to have sex with a gay person or engage in other "at risk" behaviors, such as dirty needle sharing? If not, then you have nothing to worry about regarding AIDS. Not so with the coronavirus. Only an idiot would compare apples with oranges and say they're both the same.

marke

One opinionated American thinks violating personal rights is acceptable in certain situations. That does not mean those violations are right or good in every situation.