Faithful Christians abstain from drinking alcohol

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ecclesiastes 9 KJV
(7) Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Psalms 104 KJV
(15) And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Proverbs 31 KJV
(6) Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Ecclesiastes 9 KJV
(7) Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

Psalms 104 KJV
(15) And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Proverbs 31 KJV
(6) Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Genesis 14:18 " And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
🤔

Why are alcohol spirits called spirits?

One theory is that the word alcohol is derived from al-ghawl. This is the most straightforward way to link alcohol and spirits, as the word means spirit. It's referenced in The Qur'an--verse 37:47 mentions al-ghawl to refer to a demon or spirit that produces intoxication.

glorydaz

🤔

Why are alcohol spirits called spirits?

One theory is that the word alcohol is derived from al-ghawl. This is the most straightforward way to link alcohol and spirits, as the word means spirit. It's referenced in The Qur'an--verse 37:47 mentions al-ghawl to refer to a demon or spirit that produces intoxication.
And let's face it. Alcohol has ruined more lives than anything else.

It isn't called the devil's brew for nothing.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And let's face it. Alcohol has ruined more lives than anything else.

It isn't called the devil's brew for nothing.
There's a line from the original True Grit that I got to look for ...

ahh - there it is

"I would not put a thief in my mouth to steal my brains."

For too many people that would be petty theft

Hoping

Banned
There's a line from the original True Grit that I got to look for ...

ahh - there it is

"I would not put a thief in my mouth to steal my brains."

For too many people that would be petty theft
There is a time to abstain and here is a time to celebrate.
Do both knowing that the Spirit of the Lord is in you.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Genesis 14:18 " And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God."
Psalm 110:4 " The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."

1st Corinthians 11:23 "
For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup ([OF WINE]), when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
"