Faithful Christians abstain from drinking alcohol

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Sadly, there will be no brews, no partying, no drugs, no fornication, no sensual music, and no rebellion against the will of God in hell. Fools on earth make light of the truth about hell but there will be no laughing and joking about God in hell.
Right, but there will be Holy Communion in heaven. And that means wine.

Hoping

Banned
Still having a problem with lying? Don't worry, Jesus purges all His children after they get saved in order to make them perfect. The fiery trials are for our good because God uses them to make us perfect.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
I don't have a problem with telling the truth.
The washing away of man's sin happens well before their final judgement to determine their salvation.
The children of God don't commit sin.
They can't, as they are born of the seed of God; which can't bear evil fruit.
It is written...Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:9)
In fact, "In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10)
It is the devil's children that commit sin.
Why do you call the devil's children the children of Jesus?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't read the word "holy" there. Almost every time you find the word "holy" in relation to an object, thing, ceremony, observance, day, etc., it is always related to the OT Jews, not Christians.
Do you think the body and blood of Christ aren't holy?

Last edited:

marke

Do you think the body and blood of Christ aren't holy?
I think the Bible does not call the body and blood of Christ holy. If men want to do that then they can, but that will not change the fact that the Bible does not say that.

marke

He isn't Catholic. He doesn't believe in the Real Presence. He called the host a wafer.
The Bible refers to Jesus' real presence as holy in this verse:

Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Idolater

The Bible refers to Jesus' real presence as holy in this verse:

Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
That verse is talking about the Church Marke. "It" is the Church.

Right Divider

Body part
"the cup of the Lord" 1st Corinthians 10:21
has wine in it
And that wine does not turn into His blood as your "church" teaches.

Mark 14:24-25 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:24) And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. (14:25) Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

It was symbolic... just like the bread.

Idolater

And that wine does not turn into His blood as your "church" teaches.

Mark 14:24-25 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:24) And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. (14:25) Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

It was symbolic... just like the bread.
False and your proof text does NOT prove your point.

But the wine was and is real wine. Which has been the point all along.