Faithful Christians abstain from drinking alcohol

marke

It's Miller time!
While you are taking your refreshment maybe you would like to do some reading?

The Impact Of Alcohol-Related Brain Damage​

Overall, alcohol is linked to over 200 diseases, conditions, and injuries. In 2010, alcohol abuse was responsible for 2.8% of all deaths in the US. While it can take years of heavy drinking for diseases like alcohol-related brain damage to appear, negative effects on the brain materialize after only a few drinks.

As an individual consumes alcohol, he or she will begin to feel the depressant effects it has on the brain. As the body’s control center, the impairing effects of alcohol quickly impede the normal function of areas all over the body. Short-term symptoms indicating reduced brain function include difficulty walking, blurred vision, slowed reaction time, and compromised memory. Heavy drinking and binge drinking can result in permanent damage to the brain and nervous system.

Hoping

Banned
Paul obviously remained in a state of humility and repentance for the rest of his life after he was saved, as he should have.
Agreed.
Isn't it unfortunate that so many use our 1 Tim 1:15 scrip' to accuse Paul of not being sinlessly perfect?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... By the way...you keep citing Israel's Law. Is there a general prohibition against drinking in the Law? Not against drunkenness...against drinking? I'm honestly not sure but don't recall one.
Not general no, just for Nazarenes. And Samson. And John the Baptist.

Derf

Strong drink is very bad and anyone wishing to please God will stay away from all alcoholic beverages that lead to drunkenness.

Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Overall, alcohol is linked to over 200 diseases, conditions, and injuries. In 2010, alcohol abuse was responsible for 2.8% of all deaths in the US. While it can take years of heavy drinking for diseases like alcohol-related brain damage to appear, negative effects on the brain materialize after only a few drinks.

As an individual consumes alcohol, he or she will begin to feel the depressant effects it has on the brain. As the body’s control center, the impairing effects of alcohol quickly impede the normal function of areas all over the body. Short-term symptoms indicating reduced brain function include difficulty walking, blurred vision, slowed reaction time, and compromised memory. Heavy drinking and binge drinking can result in permanent damage to the brain and nervous system.
When you say Budweiser, you’ve said it all!

glorydaz

I do not agree with every individual interpretation that finds its way into the mind and out of the mouth of the poorly educated student of the Bible.

Psalm 119:97
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them
Ah, the poorly educated student of the Bible that pays no attention at all who is being addressed in the passage?
That one who turns around to say the law is our schoolmaster so we should be "preaching sin" instead grace?

That would be all those
who attempt to claim God deals the same way with all nations and peoples from the beginning of time.. That would be those who pay no attention to the words Christ preached about not having come to the gentiles.

If you can't learn that much, you'll forever be making mistakes.

glorydaz

Does God want us to teach kids it is OK to drink or does He want us to teach kids drinking is not a good idea? Or maybe God is OK with whatever?

I'm going to keep teaching that God does not encourage people to drink because of the harm that can lead to.
Ah, so says the "educated student" of the Bible. 🤣

You can encourage people to do or not do whatever you like, but don't call it TEACHING.
You have no credentials.

glorydaz

Matthew 15:11
Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

marke

Ah, the poorly educated student of the Bible that pays no attention at all who is being addressed in the passage?
That one who turns around to say the law is our schoolmaster so we should be "preaching sin" instead grace?

That would be all those
who attempt to claim God deals the same way with all nations and peoples from the beginning of time.. That would be those who pay no attention to the words Christ preached about not having come to the gentiles.

If you can't learn that much, you'll forever be making mistakes.
The "law" in the Bible refers to more than the 10 commandments, the ordinances of the Jewish people, or human legal edicts. The law is also a name for the entire word of God and should be valued by every believer everywhere throughout history.

1. Psalm 1:2
    But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
  2. The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.
  3. Psalm 37:31
    The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
  4. Psalm 78:1
    Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
  5. Psalm 119:1
    Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of theLord.

• Psalm 119:29
      Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously.
      I
    • Psalm 119:51
      The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.
    • Psalm 119:53
      Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.
    • Psalm 119:55
      I have remembered thy name, O Lord, in the night, and have kept thy law.
    • Psalm 119:61
      The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law.

marke

Well I'm actually more of a Coors Light man myself.
People should come to Jesus for salvation if they are thirsty right now or if they know they will be in the future by making themselves enemies of God by their rejection and rebellion.

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

marke

I bet he would have enjoyed a drop of cold beer even more.
Sadly, there will be no brews, no partying, no drugs, no fornication, no sensual music, and no rebellion against the will of God in hell. Fools on earth make light of the truth about hell but there will be no laughing and joking about God in hell.

marke

Nine of the original ten sure do.
Jesus didn't wash away our past sins just so we could still tell lies, commit adultery, and steal.
Still having a problem with lying? Don't worry, Jesus purges all His children after they get saved in order to make them perfect. The fiery trials are for our good because God uses them to make us perfect.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Sadly, there will be no brews, no partying, no drugs, no fornication, no sensual music, and no rebellion against the will of God in hell. Fools on earth make light of the truth about hell but there will be no laughing and joking about God in hell.
No, but seriously, it's drunkenness that is the sin. "Moderation in all things."