Eternal suffering is not Literal

way 2 go

Rev 20:12 is the resurrection to judgement.
they are referred to as dead , raised and still dead
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead,
The Lake of fire = the second death=permanent. Rev 20:14

permanent and existing , the lake of fire is not a consuming fire .

Rev 20:10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

kjw47

Banned
Indeed there are. Jesus is not one of them.

Red herring.

Correct.

False.

1) You REALLY need to work on your spelling, grammar, and punctuation when typing. It's so bad, I'm not sure how you graduated from elementary school...
2) John 4:22-24 does not say "only the Father is God."
3) 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 does not say "only the Father is God."

1) *Christian
2) Citations, please.

Yes, that tends to happen when you have multiple people studying one thing.

Yet all of the people who are actually Christians believe that God is triune, 1 God, 3 Persons.

No, you showed what you think the verses said. The problem is that the verses don't show what you want them to say.

Bearing false witness is a sin. So is pride. You are committing both.

We believe the Bible. We refuse to believe the same thing you believe, for lack of evidence. Your beliefs are not the Bible.

*misled

Says the one who's been brainwashed into believing something other than what the Bible teaches.

So does what He said about false prophets.

Still need a citation for this number. Get on that.

Agreed.

So why are you trying to cause division?

How blind can one be--1 Cor 8:6--There is ONE God to all the Father= plain english.

kjw47

Banned
they are referred to as dead , raised and still dead
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead,

permanent and existing , the lake of fire is not a consuming fire .

Rev 20:10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I already showed you that Gods justice scales make eternal suffering as literal an impossibility. It takes knowing the true God, makes me sad that you do not. Jesus is clear--Those who walk the broad and spacious path to destruction---not eternal life of suffering. Your God is a sadist if it was literal. Who would want to serve a God like that?

way 2 go

I already showed you that Gods justice scales make eternal suffering as literal an impossibility.
you assume people cease to exist at some point but have no biblical evidence to back up your claim

here's another one that contradicts your position

Dan 12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
It takes knowing the true God,
you don't know the true God or his word
makes me sad that you do not.
Don't be sad, I know Jesus Christ is God and He is my savior
Jesus is clear--Those who walk the broad and spacious path to destruction---not eternal life of suffering.
your assumptions are not in the bible

the destruction is not annihilation
Your God is a sadist if it was literal.

My God paid for my sins which I could not pay , in fact Jesus paid for the sins of the whole world except some will not except his payment

Who would want to serve a God like that?
you wouldn't

who wouldn't want a relationship with God who died for our sins ? again you wouldn't

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Which Jesus teaches is destruction for all walking the broad and spacious path.

What He does NOT teach is annihilation. His thrice pleading with His Father in Gethsemane proves there was no other way than for Him to go to the cross to provide salvation for mankind, to spare them from eternal suffering.

How blind can one be--1 Cor 8:6--There is ONE God to all the Father= plain english.

You know how you keep bringing up how "Theos" just means "a god"? Yeah, "Theos" is used here in this verse.... to refer to God. There is no article "ho" in front of it.

"There is one God and one Lord" is what is being said.

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" - Psalm 33:12

Jesus is the ONE LORD, who is God.

I already showed you that Gods justice scales make eternal suffering as literal an impossibility.

You haven't shown anything of the sort. How do I know this? Because "God's justice scales make eternal suffering as literal an impossibility" is inherently not true.

And again, Jesus' words in Gethsemane show that HE is the ONLY alternative to the very same literal eternal suffering which you claim is an impossibility.

It takes knowing the true God,

Which you don't, because you reject Him as being God.

makes me sad that you do not.

Save your alligator tears for someone who cares.

Jesus is clear

Yes He is. He's very clear. He is God.

Those who walk the broad and spacious path to destruction---not eternal life of suffering.

Straw man.

No one here says or has said that those who reject God will live eternally. NO ONE.

Eternal separation from LIFE (God) means that they will not have life.

Your God is a sadist if it was literal.

I've addressed this already. You ignored it. I'm not going to do it again.

Yawn. Your straw man arguments won't work here.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You really should learn english.

*English

Hypocrite.

Everything destroyed no longer exists.

Nope.

Destroy != annihilate

They are words with similar meanings, but they are not synonyms.

Fire destroys eternally.

Nope. Fire is a physical reaction where a fuel is consumed and turned into flame, resulting in heat and light energy. It's simply a change in state.

Fire doesn't annihilate.

way 2 go

You really should learn english. Everything destroyed no longer exists. Fire destroys eternally.
you will be in the fire
you will not be on fire

Dan_12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Mat_25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’

Last edited:

kjw47

Banned
you will be in the fire
you will not be on fire

Dan_12:2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Mat_25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’

I showed one of the teachings about the place of eternal suffering= The place where the worm( maggot) dieth not--No worm or maggot could survive 1 hour in a hot firey place, proving it is symbolism, Gods justice scales prove 100% it is symbolism. The worm lives 6 feet under.
The story about Lazarus there proves symbolism. If one could look down and see their loved ones suffering constantly-no happiness would be in them.
Hades( Greek) = the Hebrew word-Sheol, both translate the grave.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I showed one of the teachings about the place of eternal suffering=

You've shown nothing except that you don't understand God's word.

The place where the worm( maggot) dieth not--No worm or maggot could survive 1 hour in a hot firey place, proving it is symbolism, Gods justice scales prove 100% it is symbolism. The worm lives 6 feet under.

Again, figurative language is being used to describe a VERY REAL PLACE.

The "Fire" in the lake of fire isn't fire, it's symbolic of the pain that one will experience from being separated from God. The "Worms/maggots" are symbolic of death. You will not be alive if you are there.

The story about Lazarus there proves symbolism.

The story of Lazarus and the rich man wasn't talking about the lake of fire. It was talking about a place known as Abraham's Bosom, which WAS a place located in Hell, reserved for the righteous dead. It is now empty. Jesus, upon his death, burial, and resurrection, descended into hell, and preached to the dead there, and the righteous dead who put their trust in Him were led to Heaven.

"Cities of Refuge" in Israel's law were a real thing, but they were symbolic of Abraham's Bosom.

If one could look down and see their loved ones suffering constantly-no happiness would be in them.

And?

Pain fades eventually, physical pain fades rather quickly, while emotional pain, while it takes much longer, does eventually disappear.

God says He will wipe away the tears, not that there WON'T be any tears.

But eventually, I believe that those who live in Heaven with God will eventually forget about those who rebelled against Him. It may take millions or billions of years, but I think we'll be so preoccupied with the relationships that we form in Heaven that the loss will fade to nothingness.

Hades( Greek) = the Hebrew word-Sheol, both translate the grave.

Yes, and? The grave is a euphemism for Hell, and for death.

Hoping

Banned
I already showed you that Gods justice scales make eternal suffering as literal an impossibility. It takes knowing the true God, makes me sad that you do not. Jesus is clear--Those who walk the broad and spacious path to destruction---not eternal life of suffering. Your God is a sadist if it was literal. Who would want to serve a God like that?
Everyone who is so in love with Him for providing the path away from eternal suffering.

kjw47

Banned
You've shown nothing except that you don't understand God's word.

Again, figurative language is being used to describe a VERY REAL PLACE.

The "Fire" in the lake of fire isn't fire, it's symbolic of the pain that one will experience from being separated from God. The "Worms/maggots" are symbolic of death. You will not be alive if you are there.

The story of Lazarus and the rich man wasn't talking about the lake of fire. It was talking about a place known as Abraham's Bosom, which WAS a place located in Hell, reserved for the righteous dead. It is now empty. Jesus, upon his death, burial, and resurrection, descended into hell, and preached to the dead there, and the righteous dead who put their trust in Him were led to Heaven.

"Cities of Refuge" in Israel's law were a real thing, but they were symbolic of Abraham's Bosom.

And?

Pain fades eventually, physical pain fades rather quickly, while emotional pain, while it takes much longer, does eventually disappear.

God says He will wipe away the tears, not that there WON'T be any tears.

But eventually, I believe that those who live in Heaven with God will eventually forget about those who rebelled against Him. It may take millions or billions of years, but I think we'll be so preoccupied with the relationships that we form in Heaven that the loss will fade to nothingness.

Yes, and? The grave is a euphemism for Hell, and for death.

Yes the grave is where all go=Sheol=Hades=Hell.

kjw47

Banned
Everyone who is so in love with Him for providing the path away from eternal suffering.
There is no eternal suffering, God would be a sadist without justice if it were literal, and we all know he is not. The darkness teaches that sadist God of no justice.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes the grave is where all go=Sheol=Hades=Hell.

Nope. There will be some who will not see death.

There is no eternal suffering,

False.

Scripture is clear that there is.

God would be a sadist without justice if it were literal,

False.

Again, I ask: Where does God put for eternity those who reject Him and don't want to live with Him?

and we all know he is not.

Indeed. Yet you think He is unjust for removing from His presence those who reject Him.

The darkness teaches that sadist God of no justice.

Is it just or unjust for God to reward people who rebel against Him with life with Him?

kjw47

Banned
Nope. There will be some who will not see death.

False.

Scripture is clear that there is.

False.

Again, I ask: Where does God put for eternity those who reject Him and don't want to live with Him?

Indeed. Yet you think He is unjust for removing from His presence those who reject Him.

Is it just or unjust for God to reward people who rebel against Him with life with Him?

Yeah you said a truth--Yes during the trib the remaining part of the little flock get changed in the twinkling of an eye and go to heaven to rule as kings and priests alongside Jesus on thrones=The bride of Christ. The great crowd remain on earth( Prov 2:21-22, Matt 24:22) and are brought through Harmageddon, its these that will not taste death.

The true God set before all-LIFE or DEATH-Deut 30:19--- All rejecting Gods will, will be destroyed forever in the lake of fire.