Does God Decieve?

dcon

BANNED
Banned
You poor lost soul. I have complete assurance of my salvation, and it rests on what the Lord Jesus Christ did for me....not what's preached down there in your kingdom hall.
So, no matter what you do from now on, you assume you can never lose the salvation you've gained up to this point in time?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

glorydaz

So, no matter what you do from now on, you assume you can never lose the salvation you've gained up to this point in time?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I have been created IN CHRIST JESUS....a new creature. You should spend some time reading what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul. Then you, too, could have the confidence I have. Of Course, you'd have to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and God, which might not be possible for you to do while in the Kingdom Hall.

way 2 go

I have been created IN CHRIST JESUS....a new creature. You should spend some time reading what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul. Then you, too, could have the confidence I have. Of Course, you'd have to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and God, which might not be possible for you to do while in the Kingdom Hall.

if JW's read the nwt version they will never get it .

6days

woodeneye said:
The translators names are not made public because it's not about them.
I am aware that is the Watchtower claim. But, consider how illogical that really is. None of the other 28 translations I listed are about the translators in the slightest little bit. Their names are not listed in the Bible. However if you want to research the scholarship of the team, you are able to find their credentials. The JW Bible varies significantly from other translations, and they hide the names of the so-called 'translators,' You are asked to just blindly trust your organization.
woodeneye said:
I'm sure that if you were an accomplished translator, your name would be all over your work.
That is the JW argument, but it is a strawman. My study Bibles do not name the translators. However, their names are available should I care to research their scholarship.
woodeneye said:
However, as Jehovah's Witnesses, all the credit goes to Jehovah God.
Uh...no.... The credit goes to the Watchtower society. Their peculiar 'translation' was devised to conform to doctrine, instead of doctrine conforming to scripture.
woodeneye said:
The accuracy of the NWT speaks for itself.
Sorry, but now you are contradicting yourself, simply attempting to defend your churches 'translation'. Reminder that your earlier claim was "I have and nearly every scripture(translation) is comparable, yet you insist the NWT is a mistranslation.""
So now.....
When you are shown the NWT is significantly different then all major translation, you want to argue that your anonymous version is superior.
woodeneye said:
If you have the common courtesy to investigate the opinions of scholars who are not Jehovah's Witnesses, you'll find many agree to the meticulousness of the translation. How about it? Have you got the guts to find out whether you might be wrong or not?
It isn't about guts, nor courtesy..... It is about using our God-given intellect and logic. I have checked out at least one name of a scholar that JW's typically like to use... It was 'interesting'. I certainly don't mind checking out other names you wish to use.... But in return, ask that you check out the scholarship of any of the teams of translators for some of the versions that differ significantly from the NWT.

oatmeal

No, I don't think God decieves, but I'm not sure why He sends delusion to those who already have rejected Him.
Thess. 2:12 “God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false”

It is a Hebrew idiom used in scripture to indicate that God, although not the source of the delusion, persmitted to happen.

Some of the first posts point out that they were already God rejectors, so that they would not accept anything from God anyway so they received what the god of this world does alrasdy, blinds their hearts