Does a Jew need to prove that he is a Jew? Answer: No.

glassjester

Crazy. I do not know where your mind or thoughts are at.

Statues are idols. Read the commandment. What you are referring to I do not know.

1 Kings 6:23-24 - For the inner sanctuary he made a pair of cherubim out of olive wood, each ten cubits high. One wing of the first cherub was five cubits long, and the other wing five cubits—ten cubits from wing tip to wing tip.

Wooden statues of cherubim. Were they idols or not?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Kings 6:23-24 - For the inner sanctuary he made a pair of cherubim out of olive wood, each ten cubits high. One wing of the first cherub was five cubits long, and the other wing five cubits—ten cubits from wing tip to wing tip.

Wooden statues of cherubim. Were they idols or not?

You can think.

I am merely saying that Catholics are Idolaters. I do not know what you are seeking justification for.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Because it is. How do I know? My Dad is an Ex-Catholic and then I learned about Catholicism.........

Apparently what you learned is totally wrong. If your dad understood Catholicism correctly he would still be one.

Statues are not idols. PERIOD!!!

And "idol" is something you place above God, or worship as a god. Anything can be idolized. Money can be idolized

A statue of Jesus cannot possibly be a false god because we know who and what Jesus is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Apparently what you learned is totally wrong. If your dad understood Catholicism correctly he would still be one.

Statues are not idols. PERIOD!!!

And "idol" is something you place above God, or worship as a god. Anything can be idolized. Money can be idolized

A statue of Jesus cannot possibly be a false god because we know who and what Jesus is.

Everything that you have said here is false, wrong. Also, you are falsely accusing my Dad. He used to have a ministry to Catholics. That is hardly possible without knowledge of what Catholicism is, and having been a Catholic he did have that knowledge even after having become a Christian. But I want nothing to do with it.

A statue of Jesus is an idol. Period.

Danoh

Does a Jew need to prove that he is a Jew? Answer: No.

Sure, but it is nothing more than an evidence of said Jew's ignorance.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Everything that you have said here is false, wrong. Also, you are falsely accusing my Dad. He used to have a ministry to Catholics. That is hardly possible without knowledge of what Catholicism is, and having been a Catholic he did have that knowledge even after having become a Christian. But I want nothing to do with it.

A statue of Jesus is an idol. Period.

Yep.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

In fact, The RCC's endless idols fraud is exactly what prompted Martin Luther to pick up a Bible in an attempt to get at the truth of the matter.

Which ended him up at the Apostle Paul's...

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Result?

The Protestant Reformation.

But the RCC and its ever blind idol worshippers, is still trying to sell its fraud on the unsuspecting.

Thank God for Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Tnkrbl123!

No one is born again today.

The Bible says that those who are saved DIED and are made a NEW creation in Christ.

The old things are gone, not born again.

I was quoting Jacob when he said "I am a saved born again Christian" -Jacob's words not mine - and I was telling him that because he calls himself an "ex -Christian" he is none of what he said

But as pertaining to being born again, Jesus himself says that you must be born again so I don't know why you are arguing against the words of Jesus Himself.. strange

"Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8

Tnkrbl123!

Do you believe that to be a Christian you have to believe in the Trinity and you can't observe Old Covenant Commands or Commandments? I don't. But that is one reason I am not a Christian.

To say I am a Christian might approve of the Trinity, especially if you associate the two. Otherwise it does not matter to me. To be called a Christian is not up to me. God knows if I am a Christian or not. I can insist, or teach the truth every time, but it may be that the person has never heard of the Trinity and hopefully (here is the danger) never will.

You do not even know what Christianity is OBVIOUSLY ....i ENCOURAGE YOU to read the Bible and learn and understand before you attempt to teach....you have A LOT of learning to do...but before you deny Jesus you best understand what you are denying because THAT is the real danger

Danoh

I was quoting Jacob when he said "I am a saved born again Christian" -Jacob's words not mine - and I was telling him that because he calls himself an "ex -Christian" he is none of what he said

But as pertaining to being born again, Jesus himself says that you must be born again so I don't know why you are arguing against the words of Jesus Himself.. strange

"Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8

The concept of being born again is that of regeneration.

The article on the following link is a pretty good breakdown on the distinction between what is actually two aspects of regeneration.

For it has a Two-Fold application:

How it works within what was "spoken...since the world began" concerning a one day redeemed back unto God nation of Israel as His Priesthood over the Earth;

And how it works concerning a New Creature: the Body of Christ also planned by God and to reign over His Heavenly Host.

(said New Creature is the subject of the Mystery and "kept secret since the world began" until first preached by the Apostle Paul).

As noted in the following article:

"Regeneration is associated with God’s program for both Israel and the Body of Christ. Regeneration for a Jew in the kingdom program made him a part of a born again nation. Regeneration for a person in the dispensation of grace makes him a part of the Body of Christ, a new creation."

http://understandgrace.com/do-you-really-want-to-be-born-again/

It is not often taught, and is just as often misunderstood by both MADs and so called MADs, as well as by non MADs.

So it is to be expected that the concept would be new to you.

Rom. 14:5 towards you on this; in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

musterion

Paul almost certainly was aware from the other apostles of the term "born again" and what it meant, a la John 3:3, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23.

But in all his letters, Paul never once was inspired to use it.

In the Gospels/Acts period, one could be born again, or one could be reckoned as co-dead with Christ and raised to newness of life. Not both.

Danoh

Paul almost certainly was aware from the other apostles of the term "born again" and what it meant, a la John 3:3, James 1:18, 1 Peter 1:23.

But in all his letters, Paul never once was inspired to use it.

In the Gospels/Acts period, one could be born again, or one could be reckoned as co-dead with Christ and raised to newness of life. Not both.

It is a mistake to look merely for a same word use.

This is an issue, not of the things that differ between the Body and Israel, but of one of the various things both share in common.

Both the born again Israelite (one day), and the member of God's New Creature: The Body of Christ (here and now), are the issue of regeneration.

Both of which share a same origin, working in one's inward man, and so on....

Both of which share The Spirit of God in the spirit of men, in common.

Paul does bring up the Body's connection with Israel's New Testament - in 2 Cor. 3, etc.

The Spirit of God.

(though what Paul was actually addressing there was their [as with Law's] "outward appearance...after the flesh" legalism towards him).

But both agencies share regeneration in common and by the Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

The saints there are the Israel of God.

The household of God there is comprised of both agencies: The Israel of God and the Body of Christ.

Both are fellow citizens with one another.

2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

No surprise then that Paul quotes the following New Testament promise operating principle in the following...

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

That is the same operating principle as in Ephesians 2.

Ephesians 2 is the issue of the unity of both aspects of God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy (Israel over the Nations of the Earth) and Mystery (the New Creature over God's Heavenly Host).

Which is the Two-Fold Issue...

Ephesians 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

The agency in both is The Spirit of God.

Rom. 14:5; Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Better to just not address this, then?

Where were the Cherubim?

Very, very few had access to them.

And Who ALONE decreed they be made?

God.

As for the RCC some on here have all of a sudden grown very quiet about addressing the same old heresies of?

Here is an apt description of the origin and history of pagan cults like the RCC and their false prophets and endless idols.

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Reads exactly like the origin and history of the RCC - which arose out of various pagan religions brought together under one roof by that fraud, Constantine.

As with every idol worshipping cult that part of Romans is aptly describing.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sure, but it is nothing more than an evidence of said Jew's ignorance.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Revi'i, Third Month Second Day
Laylah Night Omer 46

No, incorrect.

Jews know the one true God. This is not ignorance.
Yep.

Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

In fact, The RCC's endless idols fraud is exactly what prompted Martin Luther to pick up a Bible in an attempt to get at the truth of the matter.

Which ended him up at the Apostle Paul's...

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Result?

The Protestant Reformation.

But the RCC and its ever blind idol worshippers, is still trying to sell its fraud on the unsuspecting.

Thank God for Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You do not even know what Christianity is OBVIOUSLY ....i ENCOURAGE YOU to read the Bible and learn and understand before you attempt to teach....you have A LOT of learning to do...but before you deny Jesus you best understand what you are denying because THAT is the real danger

Revi'i, Third Month Second Day
Laylah Night Omer 46

I am sorry but I do know what Christianity is and I do not deny Jesus. Watch your tongue.