ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

oatmeal

See, this is why you are so disappointing. You're clearly an intelligent man but your posts like this one are literally stupid to the point of petulant childishness.

Do I think the unbelieving world cares about signs and wonders from God? Do you REALLY need to ask that question? Paul said that tongues were meant SPECIFICALLY as a sign for unbelievers (1 Cor 14:22); by extension, that was also the primary purpose of the rest of the spectacular signs and wonders: to draw attention to the Gospel and prove its validity.

You are not merely ignorant; you are dangerously ignorant. I hope the extent of your "teaching" goes no farther than TOL.

I John 5:19 KJV

I John 5:19 Amp

We know [positively] that we are of God, and the whole world [around us] is under the power of the evil one.

the whole world does not care about the things of God.

Only believers do and signs follow believers.

Acts 11:17-18;10:46-47;2:4,38

Acts 2:33,43;3:16;4:14,16-17,33;6:8;7:55 (where was Jesus standing?)

Acts 8:6-8,39;9:34,40-41 etc

Since tongues are sign for unbelievers, I Corinthians 14:22 and you do not believe in speaking in tongues, it is clear that tongues are a sign for you to believe in speaking in tongues.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
This is simply not true. Spiritual gifts, miracles, signs and wonders do happen today. There is no exegetical basis for secessionism.

There is no "exegetical basis for" scripture secessionism, as you assert.So there, clown.

john w

Hall of Fame
"The LORD God told Judas to raise the dead, heal the sick, and to preach "the gospel," fool."-Saint John W

Luke 9 KJV

1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

and your name calling is not getting you any points with God.

The drone once more asserts that name calling is not scriptural. Made up, you emotional basket case. Grow up, you wimp.

You remain ignorant of spiritual matters. That is not God's will.

Another stumper.

What is your excuse? there is none.

Raise the dead. Heal the sick. Cure diseases.

What is your excuse?

Watch his deceiftful, spin "response." Watch.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And no believer today, anywhere, manifests any of the signs and wonders as they are described by Luke and Paul.

Do you mean in healing the sick?

Jas 5:14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The drone once more asserts that name calling is not scriptural. Made up, you emotional basket case. Grow up, you wimp.

You mean the Lord does not send His disciples to heal the sick,

but He does send them to call people bad names.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where in scripture is there anything that says the gifts of the Spirit are a thing of the past. It says they will pass away but not as of yet.

john w

Hall of Fame
Where in scripture is there anything that says the gifts of the Spirit are a thing of the past. It says they will pass away but not as of yet.

By that "argument," where in scripture is there anything that says the following, are a thing of the past?:

-raise the dead-today
-sell all you have-today
-go to the temple-today
-give sight to the blind-today
-observe the appointed times-"feasts"
-speak in tongues, w/o the need of a translator

oatmeal

"The LORD God told Judas to raise the dead, heal the sick, and to preach "the gospel," fool."-Saint John W

Luke 9 KJV

1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Another stumper.

Raise the dead. Heal the sick. Cure diseases.

What is your excuse?

Watch his deceiftful, spin "response." Watch.

What are you waiting for?

You need a personal visit from Jesus Christ to get you off your chair?

Don't hold your breath.

I won't be there to raise you.

Seems you get stumped by scripture a lot.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean your Saint Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, you slanderous punk-ette, and child of the devil.

No,

you mean the Lord does not send people to preach the gospel, cast out demons and heal the sick,

but He does send them to call people bad names and lie about them you say.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
What are you waiting for?

You need a personal visit from Jesus Christ to get you off your chair?

Don't hold your breath.

I won't be there to raise you.

Seems you get stumped by scripture a lot.

I caught the Christ rejector in a lie, so what do we get from her? Emotional blubberings.........

oatmush's response/challenge:

"Show me."

And I did:

Luke 9 KJV

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where

Heal the sick. Raise the dead. Cure disesases.

What are you waiting for, deceiver-ette?

I thought so, you con artist-fraud-ette.

"Seems you get stumped by scripture a lot"-wimpy

Seems you stump all of us, with those "original" zingers, you wimp.

john w

Hall of Fame
No,

you mean the Lord does not send people to preach the gospel, cast out demons and heal the sick,

LA

You mean your Saint Judas preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, you slanderous punk-ette, and child of the devil.

LAZY: Paul, Peter... did not name call.

You vile deceiver-ette, making things up, per your father, the devil's marching orders.

DAN P

No,

LA

Hi and in Mark 16:18 , and the reason that NO ONE IS RAISING the Dead or picking up Serpents and Healing the Sick , is because they are LYING !!

The 4 verb in verse 18 are all in the Future Tense and they are fortunate , they can raise them selves out of BED every day , HEH , HEH !!

If anyone says they pick up deadly Serpents and can Heal and they " SHALL RECOVER " they Lied .

How many have you HEALED ??:rotfl::rotfl:

Now do not be Modest , tell us !!

DAN P

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Why do only 'tongues' and 'prophecy follow some then, what about raising the dead and instantaneous visible healing of known conditions that are verifiable?

DAN P

Why do only 'tongues' and 'prophecy follow some then, what about raising the dead and instantaneous visible healing of known conditions that are verifiable?

Hi BR , and 1 Cor 13:8 , that they passed away , BUT Tongues and Prophesy is for INFANTS and Babes , in verse 11 !!

dan p

musterion

"Show me."

And I did:

Luke 9 KJV

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where

:up:

Had Judas been excluded from working miracles, he would have stood out like the thumb on that little hand there. The other disciples would have had no reason to ask, "Is it me, Lord?" They would have known it had to be Judas.