ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

Danoh

Okay Danoh.

I acknowledge that you and some MADists hold that the Romans were in the BOC before Paul.

heir, STP, and other MADists on TOL claim they were not.

My post was directed to heir claiming they were not.

I think it's very telling that heir is claiming they weren't in the BOC, but at the same time won't tell anyone what group the Romans were in.

She's just making herself look foolish.

No, Tel, they have often laid out their understanding of what group they see the Romans having been in prior to when Paul wrote them.

Danoh

This is not the true teachings of MAD.

Which camp?

In other words, again, as with any school of thought out there, there will be differences in understanding between those within a same school.

That link with that very detailed article I posted happens to be the view I also hold - practically in it's every detail:

http://www.graceandthetruth.com/articles/the_mystery.htm#8

But it is still just a view that some hold to as the "correct" one.

A view that others down the road a piece did not see as they opened their Bibles, come to hold to, or what have you, be they Mid-Acts, or not.

Again, I have met people who hold practically the exact same view I hold to in many, many areas.

Beyond the Fundamentals of the Faith, it is still just our view - even should it prove sound one day.

Ask Peter and Paul; despite the Spirit's very real time presence in a way that He has long since ceased temporarily, it does not appear those two were always on the same page.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, Tel, they have often laid out their understanding of what group they see the Romans having been in prior to when Paul wrote them.

No they have not

If I'm wrong just tell us which group they claim the Romans were in before the BOC?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Interesting catch. The usual thinking is Pentecost began the born again body of Christ, because the Lord Jesus said He would send the Comforter, upon His ascension back to heaven. But, indeed, the Lord Jesus did commend the Holy Spirit to, at least, His apostles in the room that day. Interesting thought to consider, that goes to affirmation of the power of God in the Lord Jesus. Thanks!

Just had an afterthought. Thomas' confession that followed was "My Lord and my God". It seems such a powerful confession could only be made through the Holy Spirit

Interesting that Thomas wasn't there the day Jesus breathed on them.:think:

Danoh

No they have not

If I'm wrong just tell us which group they claim the Romans were in before the BOC?

Lol - get your laddle ready, Tel; I'm sure there is one big plate of crow coming your way - both heir and STP have often laid out the basis of their view on this for years on here.

Besides, you ought to be able to figure out what that basis of theirs on that is by now - in a split second. It is that obvious.

The gist of much of what they post.

Within any consensus held by those holding it, many of the things said group will assert, are often obvious as being related to one another.

"PJ" or "Musti," one of you get a nice picture of a crow ready, lol

Cross Reference

Lol - get your laddle ready, Tel; I'm sure there is one big plate of crow coming your way - both heir and STP have often laid out the basis of their view on this for years on here.

Besides, you ought to be able to figure out what that this basis of theirs on that is by now.

<Lack of spiritual integrity due to lack of insight>

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
By the same thought, one can be patient all one wants to be. But if their "one size fits all" is off, it just goes to show that patience itself as some kind of a "one size fits all" solution is unsound.

Case in point, picture the old documentary in which the famously patient Mother Teresa is patiently telling various Brahmins, and what have you, that all paths lead to God.

Why do you ignore what is written?

If tribulation worketh patience then it is clear that one cannot be patient as much as they like.

It is tribulation that is the one size fits all.

It is only after the great tribulation that Christ appears and makes us to lie down in green pastures.

Only then is his rod and staff a comfort to us.

But don't take my word for it, you just keep on thinkin' yer gonna fly away and save yourself, the Lord will rip them make shift wings off yer arms soon enough.:shocked:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No they have not

She dodged my question of how Paul wishing to impart a spiritual gift to strengthen there confidence of being in Christ, means they aren't in him.

Maybe they think they were evangelized by Apollos....... or some other John the baptist follower.....

Course that might be kinda hard to explain since Priscilla and Aquila who came from Rome had to straighten him out on the Gospel of Christ.

:)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Besides, you ought to be able to figure out what that basis of theirs on that is by now - in a split second. It is that obvious.

The gist of much of what they post.

Within any consensus held by those holding it, many of the things said group will assert, are often obvious as being related to one another.

"PJ" or "Musti," one of you get a nice picture of a crow ready, lol

Nope, they haven't said which group the Romans were in before they allegedly entered into the BOC.

If I'm wrong, just tell us?

Name the group that you claim they said?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
She dodged my question of how Paul wishing to impart a spiritual gift to strengthen there confidence of being in Christ, means they aren't in him.

She claims they weren't in the "kingdom" program, and that they weren't in the "body" program.

Since heir doesn't have another "program", she can't answer the question.

Maybe they think they were evangelized by Apollos....... or some other John the baptist follower.....

I have said many times that who the Romans were, by itself, proves MAD wrong.

Course that might be kinda hard to explain since Priscilla and Aquila who came from Rome had to straighten him out on the Gospel of Christ.

Not to mention that Paul tells us Andronicus and Junia were "in Christ" before he was:

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

Danoh

Nope, they haven't said which group the Romans were in before they allegedly entered into the BOC.

If I'm wrong, just tell us?

Name the group that you claim they said?

That is theirs to respond to. Other than that, you are maligning them by your false assertion that they have never stated the basis of their case, can't, and won't.

That is not right.

Lol, the wrath of John W is headed your way.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Other than that, you are maligning them by your false assertion that they have never stated the basis of their case, can't, and won't.

They haven't, they can't, and they won't.

Because you know as well as I do, MAD doesn't have any other groups other than the "kingdom" and "body" groups.

Therefore, if heir denies the Romans were in either group before Paul preached to them, then it's pretty obvious heir can't answer the question.

Which is why heir has never said what group the Romans were in. She can't.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
And you were there and listened in?

Acts 18:26 KJV

26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard , they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

John 14:6 KJV

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way , the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote , exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come , helped them much which had believed through grace:

Danoh

:)

Come on; you don't know she was dodging your question. For all we know she posted and then went off to go do something or another.

heir and company to dodge any of you on anything; I highly doubt it.

They'll be back, mark my words - be "patient."

Danoh

They haven't, they can't, and they won't.

Because you know as well as I do, MAD doesn't have any other groups other than the "kingdom" and "body" groups.

Therefore, if heir denies the Romans were in either group before Paul preached to them, then it's pretty obvious heir can't answer the question.

Which is why heir has never said what group the Romans were in. She can't.

Lol - Tell the wife to hold off on the cooking, Tel, some crow coming your way.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
heir and company to dodge any of you on anything; I highly doubt it.

heir dodges more questions than any poster on TOL.

Here is just a sampling of questions heir has dodged over the years:

1) Who were the other sheep not of this fold? (John 10:16)

2) What great nations did the descendants of Manasseh and Ephraim become? (Gen 48:19)

3) Who was the olive tree, who was broken off, and who was grafted in? (Rom 11)

4) What group were the Romans in before Paul preached to them? (Rom 1)