ECT Did the Body of Christ Really Begin in Acts 2?

Cross Reference

Things that are different

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

It's not the same church!

If you knew, if you had the least insight, you would recognize Peter and Paul preached and taught, the same message. But, alas and alack, you don't.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
slower for you...Jews only...not the church which is Christ's Body...not the same gospel...not the same doctrine...no Gentile salvation in sight

And Paul saw that was the problem.

Paul said, "And the Scripture foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand saying, 'In you all the nations shall be blessed.' ” (Galatians 3:8 NKJV)

glorydaz

You don't see that warning there in 1 Cor. 3?

Paul explains. "Each one’s work will become clear, for the Day will declare it because it will be revealed by fire and the fire will test each one’s work of what sort it is." (1 Corinthians 3:13 NKJV)

This is what you're calling a "warning", Danoh?

I call it a promise, and it's always good when things are made clear.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"The church of God" IS NOT the Body of Christ!

I now rejoice in my sufferings for you and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ for the sake of His body, which is the church. (Colossians 1:24 NKJV)​

Danoh

This is what you're calling a "warning", Danoh?

I call it a promise, and it's always good when things are made clear.

1Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

heir

TOL Subscriber
And Paul saw that was the problem.

Paul said, "And the Scripture foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand saying, 'In you all the nations shall be blessed.' ” (Galatians 3:8 NKJV)

different church, different gospel! Not who or what was being preached at Pentecost! Don't rob from Paul to pay Peter!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I now rejoice in my sufferings for you and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ for the sake of His body, which is the church. (Colossians 1:24 NKJV)​
Thank you for attempting to show that it was Paul who suffered for the church the Body if Christ not the 12 as Paul rejoiced in his sufferings for us, and filled up that which was behind of the afflictions of Christ in his flesh for His Body's sake, which is the church! That also shows us that it wasn't made known by Peter, James and John, but Paul!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

heir

TOL Subscriber
One "living" organism. I like that. That's step in the right direction. Who heads it up?
Christ is the Head

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Paul, the first member

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

glorydaz

All others, well, you might want to keep the Apostle Paul's 1 Corinthians 3 warning in mind; it applies to each and every member of the Body of Christ.

Warning? What warning would that be?

1Cor 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1Cor 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Yes, I see that. And your specific point is what?

Cross Reference

Christ is the Head

Yes

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

OK

Paul, the first member

Wrong. The 11 were as proven to be the fact when reading John 20:22. It is not debatable. either see it and except it or too bad. You have bought into another gospel. Paul was twenty years down the road.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

"In me" Yes! Paul was the first to undergo physical persecutions unlike the others and on a grander scale, that we know of.. However, that is not to say they didn't as well simply because there is very little written of their accounts, Peter being the exception.. . . which should convince you, the message was the same.