ECT DEEP IN HISTORY

HisServant

Still waiting for HS to actually demonstrate his bare claims that "the CC is not the Church Jesus started," and that "it came along 300+ years later."

Proof, please.

Ive shown proof at least half a dozen times.

Then there is the fact that its just plain common sense.

Im sorry you are so mentally challenged... and that your brain seems to be defective.

Cruciform

Ive shown proof at least half a dozen times.
You have "shown" exactly nothing. Thus, your anti-Catholic claims amount to exactly the same.

Then there is the fact that its just plain common sense.
..."common sense" that you are apparently completely unable to actually articulate on this forum. See above.

Im sorry you are so mentally challenged... and that your brain seems to be defective.
Merely an Ad Hominem Fallacy on your part, thus publically demonstrating your utter lack of any valid anti-Catholic argument whatsoever. Thank you for proving my point.

So much for your bumbling and inept claim that "the CC is not the Church Jesus started," and that "it came along 300+ years later." :darwinsm:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

6days

history is the key to understanding
many are trying to rewrite it
many are stuck in the future
because
they ignore history
Hear, hear! We can all agree history is important. We should be able to learn, and avoid repeating mistakes of the past.
The only thing I disagree with you on is that God's Word should be our ultimate authority ...our ultimate key to understanding.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
quote-to-be-deep-in-history-is-to-cease-to-be-a-protestant-john-henry-newman-255654.jpg

It certainly worked for me. :thumb:
A faith based on history instead of Christ. That is nothing I would brag about.

HisServant

You have "shown" exactly nothing. Thus, your anti-Catholic claims amount to exactly the same.

..."common sense" that you are apparently completely unable to actually articulate on this forum. See above.

Merely an Ad Hominem Fallacy on your part, thus publically demonstrating your utter lack of any valid anti-Catholic argument whatsoever. Thank you for proving my point.

So much for your bumbling and inept claim that "the CC is not the Church Jesus started," and that "it came along 300+ years later." :darwinsm:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Ive shown that:

1. Peter was never in Rome and Babylon is not a code word for Rome. Peter's mission was to the circumcision, he never would have entertained visiting Rome, let alone, he did not possess a transporter. His missionary journeys are well known also, and a visit to Rome was impossible. So your church was NOT FOUNDED by Peter.

2. There was no central church in Rome till the Roman Empire made Christianity legal. ALL of the Christians in Rome prior to the 3rd century AD were slaves and servants, whom each had their own portions of the city, with their own grave yards and clandestine catecombs and meeting places. The politics of the time would have precluded a 'pope' or centralized church, since it would have been a target for persecution and would have been erased faster than they could have refilled the positions.

3. Scholars have proven the scholar hired by Rome (Eucebius.. sp?) to fabricate a history of the church... did just that, and even admitted that he suppressed anything that might call the legitimacy of Rome into account.

4. Rome, technically, is just another Protestant sect, since it was a minority that broke away from a majority in 1054 when it coveted power for itself and excommunicated its brothers... if anything, the Eastern Orthodox Churches,from a historical perspective, are WAY more legit than Rome.

5. The traditions Rome has ADDED to the faith are of Pagan origin.. I have proven this when it comes to sacraments, priests and nuns, calling Mary the queen of heaven and saying she is a perpetual virgin.. they were all per-christian Roman traditions reworked to appeal to the masses.

And I could go on.

You belong to and are supporting a FRAUD.... religion's equivalent of the blood thirsty Italian Mafia (whom the RCC has been in bed with multiple times throughout history... fyi). It's interesting that the perpetually cursed City of Rome was a breeding ground for the RCC and the Mafia... they are two sides of the same coin.

everready

There are several English versions of the Bible used by Catholics. Try again. :yawn:

Don't need to try again those versions have been corrupted as well, do you think the devil went to sleep and left off trying to destroy Gods word?

everready

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
And to you: A man-made sect based upon an ignorance of history instead of Christ. That is nothing I would brag about.

Try again.
You should know by now that my faith is firmly in Christ. Whenever we have an exchange, you post links and I post scripture. Who is really trying to follow Christ? The one who posts links to the writings of men claiming only they know what Jesus really meant or the one posts the words Jesus actually spoke?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A "my faith is better than your faith" thread by Cruc? There's a novel notion...by which I mean you could probably pull together a novel from the posts he's run along those lines. :plain:

What's the conversion count with that approach so far? I mean, it must be having a great deal of impact or you'd be crazy to repeat it.

Ballpark. Hundreds? Thousands?

Two? :plain:

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You should know by now that my faith is firmly in Christ. Whenever we have an exchange, you post links and I post scripture. Who is really trying to follow Christ? The one who posts links to the writings of men claiming only they know what Jesus really meant or the one posts the words Jesus actually spoke?

I'd go with the guy posting scripture instead of long winded speakers/evangelists/pastors/theologians/seminarians and their links and interpretations, any day.

Cruciform

Don't need to try again those versions have been corrupted as well, do you think the devil went to sleep and left off trying to destroy Gods word?
You have no clue what those versions even are, so no need for you to bother trying to pass off this latest conspiracy theory as "fact."

Cruciform

You should know by now that my faith is firmly in Christ.
"...in Christ" as presented by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, you mean.

Whenever we have an exchange, you post links and I post scripture.
Straw Man Fallacy, since I post both direct arguments and external sources, of which the latter are filled with biblical references and discussion. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

A "my faith is better than your faith" thread by Cruc? There's a novel notion...by which I mean you could probably pull together a novel from the posts he's run along those lines...
Try again when you have some sort of argument that engages with the actual content of the OP.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
"...in Christ" as presented by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, you mean.
As revealed by scripture. That is why I post it, it is what Jesus actually said. And I strongly believe that Jesus spoke clearly and plainly.

Straw Man Fallacy, since I post both direct arguments and external sources, of which the latter are filled with biblical references and discussion. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You do not post direct arguments, you post proof texts that have been prepared by others. You have long since abandoned scripture in favor of you churches very man made doctrines and traditions.

Cruciform

As revealed by scripture.
"...by scripture" as interpreted according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, you mean.

You do not post direct arguments, you post proof texts that have been prepared by others.
Categorically refuted by any number of my posts on this very thread. Try again.

You have long since abandoned scripture in favor of you Churches very man made doctrines and traditions.
You have long since abandoned scripture in favor of your recently-invented sect's man-made doctrines and traditions.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+