Deceptions Christians Believe

jzeidler

Just curious. How many of you took time to observe the OP before you started to argue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keypurr

Your faith is weak. You don't believe the Bible

I disagree, her faith is strong. And she is right.

Jas_2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jas_2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Faith brings works friend.

musterion

Just curious. How many of you took time to observe the OP before you started to argue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't bother with the audio. In the interest of discussion, can you bullet point some of the deceptions you have in mind?

jzeidler

Your title says it all, friend.

No, no it doesn't. The link says most and that only says half. Why do people just jump into an argument without even listening to majority of the information. Isn't there a saying "be quick to hear and slow to speak"?

Truster

I happen to agree with Meshak for once. Most mainstream churches teach all you need is love. Or that you don't have to do anything to receive salvation.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

If you did anything to receive salvation then you are not regenerate. In regeneration and conversion the sinner is passive and is completely unaware of what is about to happen. Once it has happened, it is then, that the repentant sinner rejoices, praises, trusts, worships in spirit and in truth.

The regenerate and repentant sinner will always understand his innate inability to please The Eternal Almighty and will never believe that his own efforts or decisions were what brought him into favor with Elohim.

Last edited:

jzeidler

Deceptions Christians Believe

I didn't bother with the audio. In the interest of discussion, can you bullet point some of the deceptions you have in mind?

Seriously? Our best argument for jumping into a quarrel with people is laziness?

Besides, billet points gives no context or substance for a discussion. There has to be more than a couple words in order to have an intelligent discussion.

musterion

Seriously? Our best argument for jumping into a quarrel with people is laziness?

Besides, billet points gives no context or substance for a discussion. There has to be more than a couple words in order to have an intelligent discussion.

Hey, you're the one complaining about people ignoring the opening post. At least I asked for details. Suit yourself.

jzeidler

Hey, you're the one complaining about people ignoring the opening post. At least I asked for details. Suit yourself.

I just would like people to have a discussion about a topic with most of the context rather than people thinking they know everything about the topic then yell others down who have apposing viewpoints.

musterion

I just would like people to have a discussion about a topic with most of the context rather than people thinking they know everything about the topic then yell others down who have apposing viewpoints.

I get that, but then your problem is with them, not me.

If you don't want to post the deception points in order to make a conversation where, so far, there is none, that's your business. But it's also kinda lazy of you.

Zeke

Jas_2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Depends on where you are. concerning the covenants between the first and second adams transition from earthly to heavenly minded.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

C'mon keypurr, you know better than that. Lest any man should boast

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, no it doesn't. The link says most and that only says half. Why do people just jump into an argument without even listening to majority of the information. Isn't there a saying "be quick to hear and slow to speak"?

here is what you say:

This deception spits in the face of Christ's work on the cross and the truth that is grace:

this says it all, friend.