DAYSTAR movie of the week discussion thread

Interplanner

40th: it doesn't work to refer to backstories that you don't really tell. The conflicts within the businessman's home didn't have any depth.

49th: One of the recurring problems of the story is that an awful lot has been assumed about what Jesus would do. There needs to be specific examples, and it can't just always about about the homeless or unfortunate person.

Interplanner

57th: the cook is a great addition to the cast palette. More realistic, genuine expression.

89th: great musical montage to tie loose ends!

Interplanner

97th: the vitality of the ending racheted up several notches into realism.

(I missed the 1 year later segment due to a call.)

Overall the mains improved in definition; some of the supporting people were vacant and undefined; the background music was aplenty, perhaps too much in spots.

Short Film: THE RELEASE (10 mins)
A great short story with a "Jesus" figure; some great music; high quality production values all through. A great theme: the release of painful memory.

Interplanner

Sat.Aug.26.2017 DAYSTAR MOVIE OF THE WEEK. 7pm EST. DirecTV 369.

GALLOWS ROAD
Loss and heartbreak challenge one man to forgive the unforgivable.

I'm on call at work. Hope I can see it.

Interplanner

YOUR MONEY IS GOD'S MONEY - GIVE ME GOD'S MONEY: The life story of TBN founder Paul Crouch.

The guy who made millions off of supporting Hal Lindsey, right. What does that have to do with this movie? It hasn't started. Please run your own threads, do your own work.

Interplanner

25th:
fairly high production qualities. One or two spots where acting quality slipped.

Likelihood of storyline so far: does not seem subtle enough

Roles do not seem quite as heavy as they should be after such a loss, not yet.

Interplanner

53rd:
A few more things have slipped. The younger brother didn't have a chance trying to get the older brother's attention about the sermon.

I can see a few white guys harrassing others, but when the sheriff is involved... Don't Americans speak up?

Interplanner

Final comments:

one edit that needed one more round of attention. A woman started singing on screen at a graveside, which was cut to her voice off screen on another song. A bit of a speed bump.

I found I could not take the sheriff seriously after a while. Things have to be real. this starts in the 'universe' envisioned by the script.

More matching emotion overall. Sometimes there was none, sometimes it just didn't match in-kind.

Sorbo's main guidance as a believer was verbally short and involved the placement of a Bible/NT in a needy person's hands. I think a good rewrite would be a complete verbal statement with a reference to the Bible, and a later shot of the person actually reading on their own.

musterion

I saw a music video on TBN once (Carman, maybe) with a hunky bodybuilder Jesus, all sweaty and bloody, wearing a long wig and carrying a cross while two women lovingly stroked his muscly biceps. It was the sickest thing I think I saw there, apart from that Holy Ghost prostate exam joke told by Jesse DuPlantis.