Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

Dear Alwight,

This world may not be spent until the 2nd resurrection, but nevertheless, it is written, "Blessed is he who hath part in the 1st resurrection, on such the 2nd hath no power..." (See Rev. 20 :6). Check it out Alwight. Do you even have a Bible? Just wondering.

In God's Love,

Michael
There are dozens of versions of the Bible all available on line but no I don't have one. Which of them is your favourite and why?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

My favorite version is the KJV. Not the NKJV. The King James Version is safer. The New King James Version misinterprets certain words and changes the whole meanings of the verses. I'm willing to help you learn if you want. Your whole life depends on it and you matter!!

God Bless You Tons,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear illusionray,

Not for me. It's Aleikum! Also, I am half Lebanese. Wallah.

God Be With You,

Michael

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
In defense of the NKJV

In defense of the NKJV

Dear Alwight,

My favorite version is the KJV. Not the NKJV. The King James Version is safer. The New King James Version misinterprets certain words and changes the whole meanings of the verses. I'm willing to help you learn if you want. Your whole life depends on it and you matter!!

God Bless You Tons,

Michael

Hi Michael,

You will find Bob Jones does a great job to defend the integrity and accuracy of the NKJV here. (I find most of the KJV only logics and defenses.... blown up, exaggerated and stupid really. This defense of all the supposed 'corruptions' of the NKJV should clear up unnecessary hype or concerns, pushed mostly by KJV only folks)

I LOVE my giant print center column reference Thomas Nelson NKJV bible, great for study...having all the variant manuscript readings for controversial passages. As in all things, be diligent to research, and keep researching the truth.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear freelight,

Oh well, he can have his NKJV. Frankly, I've noticed certain words translated into some other words and they are found lacking the same meaning that was meant. I notice this very rarely on certain scriptures that I've had explained to me by my guardian angel, thus, the Lord God through my angel. It really matters sometimes. I noticed it happened not too long ago. Maybe a couple of weeks.

Oh well, most of it (NKJV) is prob. okay.

Much Love In Christ,

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

God Bless You Tons,

Michael
I wonder what you mean by "safer"? It seems to me that all Bible translations are probably just the best efforts of men and that the main source and style of much of the KJV was one William Tyndale, who was no doubt an extremely intelligent person, but who was ultimately deemed a heretic and executed.
What exactly were "Unicorns" found in the KJV but revised to "oxen" in the NKJV can anyone really know?
Ask your angel perhaps? ;)
The mere fact that there are so many Bible versions shows me anyway that there is no actual truth, only the beliefs and interpretations of individual people often restricted by the conventions, culture and limitations of their time and place. People who knew that they too could easily be branded a heretic by what they wrote.
Sorry but I simply can't believe that anyone's life depends on the vagaries and personal interpretations of a collection 15th Century Biblical scholars, however well meaning.

noguru

Dear Alwight,

God Bless You Tons,

Michael

You have not set a good example in regard to learning things yourself, so what makes you think anyone would have confidence in your teaching ability?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Just because it says oxen instead of unicorn, still the main gist of the book is not lost. But, yes, it is word translations like that that makes me prefer the KJV. It is a shame that the KJV is in old English, with it's thee's and thou's and hath's, etc. But I can get past all of that anyway.

Well, Alwight, you choose to do what you want. If you would like to become a Christian, I'll try to help in anyway you wish and you can also always check out a small Christian church near you, who will help you in Sunday School. It sure would be worth your while, I can tell you that.

You take good care of yourself. You have a big heart!!

My Prayers to God For You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru,

What, are you a Christian brother trying to pick a fight? That's a real shame. God watches what you do. My book is in the downtown Phoenix Library. It is called "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen" by Michael W. Cadry. Where's your book?

In Christ's Love,

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

Just because it says oxen instead of unicorn, still the main gist of the book is not lost. But, yes, it is word translations like that that makes me prefer the KJV. It is a shame that the KJV is in old English, with it's thee's and thou's and hath's, etc. But I can get past all of that anyway.
So what were unicorns then if the KJV is "safer"? Surely a more modern updated version by Biblical scholars might convey the true meaning and intent than associations with what we today think of as mythical beasts?

Well, Alwight, you choose to do what you want. If you would like to become a Christian, I'll try to help in anyway you wish and you can also always check out a small Christian church near you, who will help you in Sunday School. It sure would be worth your while, I can tell you that.
If there were rational reasons to believe in any religion then I probably would attempt to do so, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

You take good care of yourself. You have a big heart!!

My Prayers to God For You,

Michael
Thanks Michael, but I suspect prayers are what is called "One Way Transmission" in the telecoms business.

Ben Masada

"Creation versus Evolution!" I don't see it that way. Creation is not juxtaposed to Evolution but parallel to. I see Evolution as Expansion. Since the universe could not have caused itself to exist, the Creator has become obvious and He has never ceased working with the expansion of the universe.

Once Einstein was asked if he believed in God and his answer was that his whole life was trying to catch God at His work of creation. He meant the expansion of the universe. Also, Jesus declared that God has never ceased working. I wonder if he also like Einstein had expansion in mind. I mean evolution of the universe since scientists have demonstrated that the universe does expand and at a fast pace.

noguru

Dear noguru,

What, are you a Christian brother trying to pick a fight? That's a real shame. God watches what you do. My book is in the downtown Phoenix Library. It is called "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen" by Michael W. Cadry. Where's your book?

In Christ's Love,

Michael

Why do you feel that when I am honest with you I am picking a fight?

God watches what you do as well.

Hedshaker

"Creation versus Evolution!" I don't see it that way. Creation is not juxtaposed to Evolution but parallel to. I see Evolution as Expansion. Since the universe could not have caused itself to exist, the Creator has become obvious and He has never ceased working with the expansion of the universe.

Once Einstein was asked if he believed in God and his answer was that his whole life was trying to catch God at His work of creation. He meant the expansion of the universe. Also, Jesus declared that God has never ceased working. I wonder if he also like Einstein had expansion in mind. I mean evolution of the universe since scientists have demonstrated that the universe does expand and at a fast pace.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. - Albert Einstein

The Theory of Evolution is science. Creationism, or theistic evolution, or Intelligent design is religion, not science. Simple as that.

noguru

The Theory of Evolution is science. Creationism, or theistic evolution, or Intelligent design is religion, not science. Simple as that.

Some people like to synthesize all aspects of what they have learned into a seemingly cohesive universal paradigm. I don't see anything wrong with that effort in itself. Though such an effort can be managed very poorly. :chuckle:

illusionray

Yep.
Some people like to synthesize all aspects of what they have learned into a seemingly cohesive universal paradigm. I don't see anything wrong with that effort in itself. Though such an effort can be managed very poorly. :chuckle:
That includes the resurrection ladyboy :)

Hedshaker

Of course. People can do what they want and believe what they want. It's their mind to do with as they wish. I have no issue with that as long as they don't try to indoctrinate my grand kids, else there will be hell to pay....... :)

What gets me a bit is this constant reference to the term "theistic evolution" as if it was a branch of science. It isn't. it's religion. There is no such thing as "theistic" evolution. There is only the scientific Theory of evolution. Nothing added.

This is why I have respect for scientists like Ken Miller who have no problem leaving their supernatural beliefs at the lab door. As it should be.

All the best.

noguru

Of course. People can do what they want and believe what they want. It's their mind to do with as they wish. I have no issue with that as long as they don't try to indoctrinate my grand kids, else there will be hell to pay....... :)

What gets me a bit is this constant reference to the term "theistic evolution" as if it was a branch of science. It isn't. it's religion. There is no such thing as "theistic" evolution. There is only the scientific Theory of evolution. Nothing added.

This is why I have respect for scientists like Ken Miller who have no problem leaving their supernatural beliefs at the lab door. As it should be.

All the best.

You are right on with that. But there are theistic morons like Delusionray who constantly whine and want to get their confederate 2 cents in. I think reasonable people see right through their non-sense. People like Delusionray don't have the wits to realize the futility of their own nonsense.

Hedshaker

You are right on with that. But there are theistic morons like Delusionray who constantly whine and want to get their confederate 2 cents in. I think reasonable people see right through their non-sense. People like Delusionray don't have the wits to realize the futility of their own nonsense.

Have to agree. A virgin birth or a dead guy coming back to life is no more of less believable to a sceptic than Mohamed flying to heaven on the back of a flying horse. Once you start claiming that one magic is better than another you're on shaky ground IMO.

Reality doesn't give a jot for beliefs. But when as that stopped anyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.