Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedshaker

Dear hedshaker,

I'm not just tossing around idle threats. I'm just stating facts and if they bug you, you'd do best to keep it to yourself.

Except you don't have "facts," you have fairy tales which you mistake for facts. And the only thing that bugs me is wilful stupidity.
My God is proud of me.

Except you don't have a God, you have a belief in a God, which has somehow become conflated in your mind. Belief and facts are two different things.

Is He proud of you??

I'm sure he would be if he existed. And please, don't waste your time on more bald assertion. Not interested.

You don't even know Him so don't speak for Him.

Neither do you so I suggest you follow your own advice.

You're just an old lady who hasn't accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, yet.

And you're a psychotic and deluded misanthrope! See how easy it is to to dish out insults? Anyone can do it. It's stupid and pointless. But don't let that stop you...... :loser:

But you are right about one thing. I will NEVER accept someone else's imaginary friend as some sort of saviour. Reality suits me just fine. You should try it. It's most refreshing.

Do yourself a favour and look up the Dunning-Kruger effect

The Dunning-Kruger effect occurs when incompetent people not only perform a task poorly or incompetently, but lack the competence to realize their own incompetence at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else. Put more crudely, they're too stupid to realize they're stupid.

In truth and reason!!!!!!!!!

Hedshaker

I consider Hedshaker one of my better friends in cyberspace. He/she (now I'm confused because Hedshaker has never told me his/her gender - I think I might have just assumed male) introduced me to some music he/she wrote. I am not offended by atheists/agnostics. I can clearly remember when I was one, so it would be like being offended by my own past. I do not think he/she is hiding behind anything. Are you saying that because of the avatar Hedshaker is currently using?

Ah yes, I found the reason why I thought Hedshaker is male. His name on soundcloud is "dark-blue-man".

http://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

Hi noguru :)

Yes I am male. The avatar is just an avatar I liked.

:thumb:

noguru

Except you don't have "facts," you have fairy tales which you mistake for facts. And the only thing that bugs me is wilful stupidity.

Except you don't have a God, you have a belief in a God, which has somehow become conflated in your mind. Belief and facts are two different things.

I'm sure he would be if he existed. And please, don't waste your time on more bald assertion. Not interested.

Neither do you so I suggest you follow your own advice.

And you're a psychotic and deluded misanthrope! See how easy it is to to dish out insults? Anyone can do it. It's stupid and pointless. But don't let that stop you...... :loser:

But you are right about one thing. I will NEVER accept someone else's imaginary friend as some sort of saviour. Reality suits me just fine. You should try it. It's most refreshing.

Do yourself a favour and look up the Dunning-Kruger effect

In truth and reason!!!!!!!!!

I like this part from the wiki article you included.

The effect can also be summarised by the phrase "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing."[1] A small amount of knowledge can mislead a person into thinking that they're an expert because this small amount of knowledge isn't a well known fact.

For a potent example, consider former children's TV presenter and "science advocate" Johnny Ball, who in 2009 stunned audiences by denying the existence of climate change. His reasoning was based on the fact that water vapour as a greenhouse gas is much more prevalent, potent, and thus much more powerful than carbon dioxide — and because combustion reactions also produce water, it should be water vapour we're worried about, not carbon dioxide.[2] Sound reasoning to an amateur, but anyone minimally qualified in atmospheric chemistry would tell you that the water isn't a problem because the atmosphere has a way of getting rid of excess water — it's called rain. Thus its concentration (for given temperatures and pressures) remains more or less constant globally.

I consider myself an amateur, and even I realized the bold part.

Hedshaker

I like this part from the wiki article you included.
I consider myself an amateur, and even I realized the bold part.

Yeah me too. I consider myself an amateur in many thing. Some things I have studied more deeply and feel more proficient but in general I think anyone can be wrong.

And this is what I love about science. It isn't just about being proven right but more about the inability to falsify a given hypothesis, and never about denial at being wrong.

Fundy's like Michael could learn much from that.

ETA: Oh, and about my Avatar. Ain't she a beauty? And the headphones indicate a music listener too which implies intelligence ;)

Intelligence and beauty. What can one say....... :cheers:

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

I tried to be friends, wouldn't you say? I am more knowledgeable than you give me credit for. Even John the Baptist chastised Herod for his sin in taking his brother's wife. So who am I to second guess, Phil? You don't want to believe in God Himself. Who's got the worse sin, Herod or you? You're the one who is thinking wrong. At least Alwight is friendly and more sensible than you.

You asked for it, pink lady with the headphones.

Michael Cadry

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

Why did you send me a PM with the message 'Piss off'? Sounds like you've run out of air.

My God is not an imaginary friend. You just WISH He was!! He's real and He's gonna bury you!

You get what you reap! I tried to be friends with you, even though you are an atheist, but you don't want co-existence. You want YOUR way or No way! What else do you want to say hedshaker?

Too Bad For You!!

MichaelC

Last edited:

Hedshaker

Dear hedshaker,

I tried to be friends, wouldn't you say?

No you haven't and no I would not! Constant unsolicited and unwanted preaching, coupled with thinly disguised threats do not constitute trying to be friends. What planet are you on? I have bent over backward trying to help you with my limited knowledge of science. I have offered you good evidence that you could follow up for yourself. Not once have I proselytized AT YOU. Your posts toward me have been ugly and patronising. Baseless threats are anything but friendly. Difficult as it may be try to think about that.

I am more knowledgeable than you give me credit for that.

You are joking, right? I even linked you to a site explaining the Dunning Krugar effect and still you expect credit for being knowledgeable. I'm speechless!

Even John the Baptist chastised Herod for his sin in taking his brother's wife. So who am I to second guess, Phil? You don't want to believe in God Himself. Who's got the worse sin, Herod or you? You're the one who is thinking wrong. At least Alwight is friendly and more sensible than you.

It has nothing to do with wanting or not wanting to believe something in a thread wishing to discuss evolution. It has everything to do with hard evidence. Read some of the other Evolution threads. When will you get this through your skull? Mythical tales in a single ancient holy-book written by anonymous authors is NOT hard evidence, it's faith. You may wish to take things on faith but I do not, so please give it a rest with the religious platitudes and start discussing real world evidence or stay away from science altogether.

Ok daft looking, sky floating, cloud guy. I asked for it. I guess I should know better than trying to make sensible discourse with an half wit. You may have it right this time. I should know better.

Hedshaker

My God is not an imaginary friend. You just WISH He was!! He's real and He's gonna bury you!

You get what you reap! I tried to be friends with you, even though you are an atheist, but you don't want co-existence. You want YOUR way or No way! What else do you want to say hedshaker?

There you go. Right back to the threats and baseless, evidence-free bald assertions. Good going for someone claiming to be friendly. And the real joke is, you are not even aware. Classic Dunning Krugar.

Life is too short for this nonsense. I'm placing you temporarily on ignore. Feel free to blather on till your hearts content. I assure you I won't read a word of it.

Good day to you.

alwight

Dear hedshaker,

I tried to be friends, wouldn't you say? I am more knowledgeable than you give me credit for. Even John the Baptist chastised Herod for his sin in taking his brother's wife. So who am I to second guess, Phil? You don't want to believe in God Himself. Who's got the worse sin, Herod or you? You're the one who is thinking wrong. At least Alwight is friendly and more sensible than you.

Michael Cadry
I think I've rather concluded that you are a lost cause Michael. You seem far more at home in your fantasy realm of angels than in the real world.
Atheists typically don't believe in gods because they see no rational reason to believe not because they don't want to, but imo you want to believe so much that reality itself plays second fiddle.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

I've already placed you on constantly ignore, but you kept wanting more. That's why I don't like talking with atheists. There's tons of wrong ways, but only one true way down the right path. That's the path I've chosen, and you've chosen yours. Let's just see what time's passing proves instead. I'm for that, rather than bothering to answer all of your chatter.

The minute I make peace with you atheists, this is what I get. I should have known not to take one night off. Well, like I said, with a short time's passing, we will see who is telling the truth and who is spouting LIES.

I have no desire to even bother to answer your blind episodes and classic fits. My time can be spent on more important things. Shout out your easy chatter from the rooftops and everyone who wants to believe in it, go right ahead. I'd rather trust my guardian angel and my God, just like Abraham, Noah, Moses and Daniel. My faith lies elsewhere. You can't prove anything!

Every one here who wants to jump on your boat, the more power to them. As for me, I'll trust in God every time and any time!!

I have nothing to prove that God won't soon!

MichaelC

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear hedshaker,

I really made you spew eh? And Alwight, it's a shame your friendship is only fleeting. It is by FAITH, and in my case, hard evidence, having actually been spoken to by a number of angels, and visited by the Holy Spirit, and even the Lord, that we Christians believe in the Lord God and knowing that all of these things that exist did not just come into being without a superior power. If either of you could only figure that out.

MichaelC

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear freelight, noguru and Catholic Crusader,

Would you say these two, hedshaker and Alwight, know what the heck they are talking about or is there something, besides just science, involved with us being on this earth full of wonder and splendor. They actually think it all evolved of itself, with no Supreme Being. How blind!! What do y'all think?! If you'd rather not reply, you're free to do so!!

In God's Name and Love,

MichaelC

alwight

Dear hedshaker,

I really made you spew eh? And Alwight, it's a shame your friendship is only fleeting. It is by FAITH, and in my case, hard evidence, having actually been spoken to by a number of angels, and visited by the Holy Spirit, and even the Lord, that we Christians believe in the Lord God and knowing that all of these things that exist did not just come into being without a superior power. If either of you could only figure that out.

MichaelC
Hi Michael, without the benefit of your particular "hard evidence" (angels and the Holy Spirit) which is/are apparently available to you but not hedshaker and me then I at least must resort to my own version of hard evidence such as found in material reality and hard facts.

Dear freelight, noguru and Catholic Crusader,

Would you say these two, hedshaker and Alwight, know what the heck they are talking about or is there something, besides just science, involved with us being on this earth full of wonder and splendor. They actually think it all evolved of itself, with no Supreme Being. How blind!! What do y'all think?! If you'd rather not reply, you're free to do so!!

In God's Name and Love,

MichaelC
I don't pretend to have any special knowledge or that there actually is no higher power, only that there is no such personally involved God with angels et al that I find believable.
If Darwinian evolution is wrong then it could be falsified by material evidence, but not your claims about angels, it's not simply a matter of belief. It is however a matter of what actually does explain life today if a supposed supernatural or the miraculous remains un-evidenced.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Alwight,

Just because you don't find them believable doesn't mean that they don't exist. They are revealed to those whom God wants in Heaven, and not to those whom He does not want. You see, there is a method to His 'madness'. 'Those who understand the vision among the people shall do exploits, but the robbers of thy people shall falter and fail to establish the vision.' See Dan. 11:32 and Dan. 11:14.

You are the one who is out of luck, Alwight! Hedshaker too! So sad!

In His Glorious Name,

MichaelC

alwight

Dear Alwight,

Just because you don't find them believable doesn't mean that they don't exist. They are revealed to those whom God wants in Heaven, and not to those whom He does not want. You see, there is a method to His 'madness'. 'Those who understand the vision among the people shall do exploits, but the robbers of thy people shall falter and fail to establish the vision.' See Dan. 11:32 and Dan. 11:14.

You are the one who is out of luck, Alwight! Hedshaker too! So sad!

In His Glorious Name,

MichaelC
Yes apparently your God doesn't love us while you are so very special Michael.
Oh well, I could suggest some people who are apparently loved even less than HS and me :plain:

noguru

Yes apparently your God doesn't love us while you are so very special Michael.
Oh well, I could suggest some people who are apparently loved even less than HS and me :plain:

Why does it seem that the very same people who are incessantly talking about how much God loves them, always seem to be the same ones that, when truly challenged, do not show that love to others?

alwight

Why does it seem that the very same people who are incessantly talking about how much God loves them, always seem to be the same ones that, when truly challenged, do not show that love to others?
It's probably rather more important to Michael that he is loved by God than whether anyone else is, all rather child-like imo even with imaginary angels as friends.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear noguru and Alwight,

I am not saying God loves me more. And I've tried to show you that I love each of you too. You kicked sand in my face for that. The robbers of the people shall exalt themselves to establish (understand) the vision and shall fail.

Sincerely,

MichaelC

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear gcthomas,

To you, to hedshaker, to Alwight, to whoever. I know that those who don't believe in God or Jesus are right where they should be. Nonbelievers. God doesn't want them to understand. It is written that the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to understand the vision, but shall fail to establish the vision. What it means is that God doesn't want certain people to come to the light. He wants them to remain in darkness so that He doesn't have to 'Save' them. They are 'given up'. So I won't bother 'casting away my pearls to...' I just have to learn to keep my mouth shut.

There are those who aren't suppose to come to the light for they are to be given up. I'll be posting this entire message at a couple of other threads, so don't be surprised. I don't want to have to keep typing it over again.

Sincerely,

MichaelC

alwight

Dear gcthomas,

To you, to hedshaker, to Alwight, to whoever. I know that those who don't believe in God or Jesus are right where they should be. Nonbelievers. God doesn't want them to understand. It is written that the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselves to understand the vision, but shall fail to establish the vision. What it means is that God doesn't want certain people to come to the light. He wants them to remain in darkness so that He doesn't have to 'Save' them. They are 'given up'. So I won't bother 'casting away my pearls to...' I just have to learn to keep my mouth shut.

There are those who aren't suppose to come to the light for they are to be given up. I'll be posting this entire message at a couple of other threads, so don't be surprised. I don't want to have to keep typing it over again.

Sincerely,

MichaelC
Michael, you only have imaginary pearls. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.