Cosby Is a Serial Rapist

bybee

A defense lawyer understands disparate claims are being made, mostly unsupported by more than testimony. So the central issue becomes credibility. The charge itself is an attack on that with regard to the defendant. The defense then has only a few ways to combat that. They'll note the lack of physical evidence, witnesses and the passage of time between the alleged event and the allegation at law. Lastly, but importantly, they'll bring into question the credibility of any witness for the prosecution. And they should. A jury needs to know if the person they're being told to believe has a reputation for being more or less than credible.

It isn't mannered, but courtrooms aren't that. They're battle grounds with people's lives and fortunes at stake.

Theater. But a decent prosecutor can use the attempt to his advantage, if he's sharp enough. An actor, acting. Convincingly even. The way he acted the part of a benign, helpful mentor, of a trustworthy friend, of a fatherly figure in a few cases. How he appeared to be one thing and underneath that mask was a predator. It begs a simple summation...something like, off the cuff...

"Mr. Cosby's greatest performance was never seen on any theater screen, stage or television. It was, instead, the role he played for us away from those, one crafted with guile, calculation and a force of personality that was undeniable, parlaying our good will and his ability into a beloved status, wearing the guise of a decent, caring human being. And it worked. It worked for decades, bringing the man adulation, wealth, esteem... and victims. Victims dazzled, or drawn or fooled by it all, as we were. As our wives and mothers and daughters were. One after the other. Decade after decade. Victim after victim.

All we saw was a projection, not the man...only Bill Cosby's victims saw the man, saw what was behind that mask, if mostly through a drug induced stupor. The weapon of a coward, the act of a predator. Only his victims met the real Bill Cosby. And in the aftermath? Most were too frightened to take on that persona and the weight of his public status, the thing they had believed in too. Can you blame them? Wounded, used, faced with challenging his word?

I can't. They knew what we couldn't. And they knew we wouldn't believe, wouldn't want to believe it. He counted on that. And in a way he used us too.

Well, that stops here. You've heard the testimony, witness after witness. You know the facts. The truth follows them. Your duty is clear as it is simple, do justice. Convict Bill Cosby of his crimes."

So being an actor can be turned against him. It depends on the prosecutor.

Good points. He used his God given gifts to destroy rather than to build up. A very sad choice for his innumerable victims.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Good points. He used his God given gifts to destroy rather than to build up. A very sad choice for his innumerable victims.
It's hard to see that much smoke without there being a fire in there somewhere, though that's for the facts to bear out. If they do then that last leg of the summation would be a way to turn the celebrity angle attempt on its ear.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The rumors had been around for 30 years or more. But he was never charged. And there are all sorts of reasons for that. Some he paid off. Most were too embarrassed or frightened to speak up. And he was a very popular black entertainer, which made him difficult to take down in public.

Also, there were plenty of women who agreed to have sex with him, thinking he would help their careers. And that, too, was pretty well known by those around him and in the industry. Making it that much more difficult to be believed if one were not one of those, but had actually been raped. You know the lawyers are going to claim she wanted it.

Yep he has a dream team like OJ, if it don't fit . . .

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Authorities in LA decided not to charge Cosby with crimes against two women, one of which was 17 in 1965. The other victim is from 2008. They cited lack of evidence and too much time has passed.

Danoh

Once, while at an arcade playing some game or other, I look over to my right and find Bill Cosby standing next to me playing one of the games.

Some ten years later, I run into him at an outside Cafe where he is holding court with Basketball great, Scotti Pippen and the actor Jim Brown.

Bill stops talking to them, looks at me and says "Hey you, you're that guy that was standing next to me in that arcade..."

That is some memory...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Once, while at an arcade playing some game or other, I look over to my right and find Bill Cosby standing next to me playing one of the games.

Some ten years later, I run into him at an outside Cafe where he is holding court with Basketball great, Scotti Pippen and the actor Jim Brown.

Bill stops talking to them, looks at me and says "Hey you, you're that guy that was standing next to me in that arcade..."

That is some memory...

I bet his memory isn't so good in court when it suits him. Good story

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
cosby raped Richard simmons? :noway:
andrea-constand.jpg

69c283103f.gif