Conservatives: public enemy number 1

The Berean

I'm a Vet. :plain:

:think:

:plain: Actually, I'm kind of disgruntled too....

:noid: Uh-Oh
:Slippery: Calls the DHS.

"Yes, Mr. Winston Smith, I want to report a disgruntled right wing veteran. No, he hasn't actually make any threats but he did say that President Obama has big ears. He's obviously a traitor to his country. Yes, you can find him hanging out on the website www.theologyonline.com. He hangs out with a female named Julia. Yes, that Julia..."

DocJohnson

:Slippery: Calls the DHS.

"Yes, Mr. Winston Smith, I want to report a disgruntled right wing veteran. No, he hasn't actually make any threats but he did say that President Obama has big ears. He's obviously a traitor to his country. Yes, you can find him hanging out on the website www.theologyonline.com. He hangs out with a female named Julia. Yes, that Julia..."

Watch yer back, TomO. You been reported! :rip:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Had time to think about that statement?

Now go back to the very first post on this thread....do you see any thing in there about disgruntled Vets?

Carry on!

drbrumley

I feel vindicated. Knight is right, conservatives are as much to blame if not more than those crazy liberals.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
How can they be failures if they haven't even happened yet?

The one that was supposed to set of a "grass roots" uprising, fell flat on it's face...

I was interviewed by several journalists last week about Rick Santelli’s Rant — my exact quote was it had a “Faux” feel to it. (I haven’t seen it in print yet)

What was so odd about this was that Santelli is usually on the ball; we usually agree more often than we disagree. He’s been responsible for some of the best moments on Squawk Box.

But his rant somehow felt wrong. After we’ve pissed through over $7 trillion dollars in Federal bailouts to banks, brokers, automakers, insurers, etc., this was a pittance, the least offensive of all the vast sums of wasted money spent on “losers” to use Santelli’s phrase. It seemed like a whole lot of noise over “just” $75 billion, or 1% of the rest of the total ne’er-do-well bailout monies...“Within hours of Santelli’s rant, a website called ChicagoTeaParty.com sprang to life. Essentially inactive until that day, it now featured a YouTube video of Santelli’s “tea party” rant and billed itself as the official home of the Chicago Tea Party. The domain was registered in August, 2008 by Zack Christenson, a dweeby Twitter Republican and producer for a popular Chicago rightwing radio host Milt Rosenberg—a familiar name to Obama campaign people. Last August, Rosenberg, who looks like Martin Short’s Irving Cohen character, caused an outcry when he interviewed Stanley Kurtz, the conservative writer who first “exposed” a personal link between Obama and former Weather Undergound leader Bill Ayers. As a result of Rosenberg’s radio interview, the Ayers story was given a major push through the Republican media echo chamber, culminating in Sarah Palin’s accusation that Obama was “palling around with terrorists.” That Rosenberg’s producer owns the “chicagoteaparty.com” site is already weird—but what’s even stranger is that he first bought the domain last August, right around the time of Rosenburg’s launch of the “Obama is a terrorist” campaign. It’s as if they held this “Chicago tea party” campaign in reserve, like a sleeper-site. Which is exactly what it was.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/02/rick-santellis-faux-rant/

Turns out they spent a huge amount of money getting this "spontaneous" rant publicized, and the new ones are a belated attempt to salvage something from it.

Most of the demonstrations are planned for the evening... because it involves tax payers (a.k.a. the people who work for a living).

But the program is paid for by those who definitely do not work for a living. As a secondary ploy, perhaps they can pretend that the government intends to classify terrorists and disappointed republicans as the same thing. Or have you guys already thought of that? :chuckle:

drbrumley

I don't remember many conservatives griping about citizens being put on no fly lists for marching in peace parades, nor do I remember conservatives ever being concerned with warrantless searches or wiretaps. When the DHS--which was created by everyone's favorite evangelical chief executive--was created, the right didn't complain. When it investigated eco-terrorists and animal rights extremists, the right didn't care. When we set up prisons filled with prisoners who often hadn't been charged with a crime, the right didn't care. When we waterboarded people, the right said it was necessary.

Now, when the very worst so-called paranoid fears of the left are being fulfilled, the right wing finally complains.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than hypocrisy writ large. So long as the DHS supposedly did its "duty," conservatives were pleased. Now that the department is being abused in exactly the manner its critics predicted, the right's aghast.

This reminds me of a story of Nazi Germany in the beginning. The Reich came for the Jew, and noone did nothing, saying it doesn't affect me. Then they came for the Christian, and nobody did anything either saying it doesn't affect me, then they came for me, and nobody was left

eveningsky339

Most of the folks on TOL are right-wingers, not right-wing extremists. Reading about certain right-wing movements-- such as those that wish to consign women to the role of "walking incubator/cook"-- is enough to make any clear-headed conservative sick.

You signed the bill, you taste the consequences.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
I doubt it will be shut down, but rest assured that you and this website are under surveillance by agencies of the U.S. government.

Cool!
I supposed we ought to give a shout out to the feds.
:wave2:
Come on in, guys! Grab a cup of that nasty office coffee, kick up your heels and enjoy the show!

Try to keep a serious, slightly concerned look on your face though so your boss will think you're actually working. ;)

elohiym

Most of the folks on TOL are right-wingers, not right-wing extremists.

If you'll read the report more carefully you'll see that it classifies those who merely oppose abortion as right-wing extremists. And it also contrasts right-wing extremists with "law abiding citizens," as though right-wing extremists are not law abiding citizens.

eveningsky339

If you'll read the report more carefully you'll see that it classifies those who merely oppose abortion as right-wing extremists. And it also contrasts right-wing extremists with "law abiding citizens," as though right-wing extremists are not law abiding citizens.

The more I read it, the more it seems like this report is merely a bundle of goobledeedoop...

drbrumley

Cool!
I supposed we ought to give a shout out to the feds.
:wave2:
Come on in, guys! Grab a cup of that nasty office coffee, kick up your heels and enjoy the show!

Try to keep a serious, slightly concerned look on your face though so your boss will think you're actually working. ;)

:up:

WandererInFog

Are you serious?

No offense but this explanation is just absurd.

I wouldn't say it's proven, but it's far from absurd. This comes across as very Saul Alinksy-style politics of "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it", which is something we have seen Obama use to some extent since his inauguration.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight. If TOL ever gets banned from the US you can always host it in Taiwan. :chuckle: