College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
any upsets yesterday or big news ? my saturdays are usually work filled

Bret Bielema, the thief of Arkansas who poses as head coach lost to a mid-major school yesterday. While not as epic as Michigan losing to an FCS school, it was a big hit. The best part is he runs his mouth about the Big Ten (where he got spanked) and their schedules.

The SEC is not a tough schedule in the way he means it. His strength of schedule is not based on how teams play, but their subjective score (ranking).

Auburn escaped a bad team in over time. By bad I mean they have nowhere near the talent Auburn has.

Alabama and OSU did a sleepwalk through their games and won with ease. Michigan State and Oregon put on a show of top ten ranked teams and Michigan State pulled out the win at home. You can add FSU to the list of playing ho-hum and winning with ease. Albeit closer than Bama and OSU had.

Somehow, Indiana and Purdue both won and it wasn't basketball.

My subjective playoff contenders are still OSU, Alabama, Michigan State, Florida State, USC and UCLA. But it is September, not mid November. Right now that is only speculation.

You could say upsets were ranked teams losing. Two of them were against other ranked teams. Oklahoma was down and looked out against Tennessee. Then the second half happened and the Sooners won.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Bret Bielema, the thief of Arkansas who poses as head coach lost to a mid-major school yesterday. While not as epic as Michigan losing to an FCS school, it was a big hit. The best part is he runs his mouth about the Big Ten (where he got spanked) and their schedules.

The SEC is not a tough schedule in the way he means it. His strength of schedule is not based on how teams play, but their subjective score (ranking).

Auburn escaped a bad team in over time. By bad I mean they have nowhere near the talent Auburn has.

Alabama and OSU did a sleepwalk through their games and won with ease. Michigan State and Oregon put on a show of top ten ranked teams and Michigan State pulled out the win at home. You can add FSU to the list of playing ho-hum and winning with ease. Albeit closer than Bama and OSU had.

Somehow, Indiana and Purdue both won and it wasn't basketball.

My subjective playoff contenders are still OSU, Alabama, Michigan State, Florida State, USC and UCLA. But it is September, not mid November. Right now that is only speculation.

You could say upsets were ranked teams losing. Two of them were against other ranked teams. Oklahoma was down and looked out against Tennessee. Then the second half happened and the Sooners won.

you could be a sports writer, imo. good synopsis, Michigan lost ? i caught part of Notre Dame, good day for Indiana huh ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michigan didn't lose. Michigan looked more like Michigan for the first time in a long time. And BYU connected on a second "hail Mary" in as many weeks. Michigan in 2007 lost to Appalachian State. That is what I mean by an epic Michigan loss. Michigan was a traditional power built on the line of scrimmage, NFL pocket passers, and a power running game. Then they hired Rich Rodriguez and all hell broke loose in Ann Arbor.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Getting an unsportsmanlike penalty for the gesture he made just goes to show what sissies the Liberals have turned this country into.

Remember when Reggie Miller used to give his choke gesture to Spike Lee? If a player did that today he'd probably be suspended and have to give an apology.

drbrumley

Getting an unsportsmanlike penalty for the gesture he made just goes to show what sissies the Liberals have turned this country into.

Remember when Reggie Miller used to give his choke gesture to Spike Lee? If a player did that today he'd probably be suspended and have to give an apology.

Not disagreeing with that....but the rules are the rules.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Reggie Miller was not drawing attention to himself but mocking Spike Lee. That (Florida)was showboating, just in a more subtle way. Yeah, that is a long way from how Tebow played the game.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fake%20sportscenter.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alabama and USC bite the dust.

What's up with Ohio St?

I missed most of the games and there were a bunch of good ones. Stanford has certainly gotten better since losing to Northwestern. USC defense in highlights didn't look bad, but also didn't look good.

Alabama and Ohio State have the same problem for different reasons. I watched 1 and 2 with the DVR. Urban Meyer has said both QBs are getting equal reps in practice with the squads. From my arm chair that seems dumb. Then neither one is in sync, and that is how they look. And the second best player is still the starter. Until yesterday anyway. That was my 2 cents over at 11Warriors.com.

Alabama QBs have very few starts under their belt. And Coker is not playing at an elite level. Greg McElroy and AJ McCarron were not elite, but they played at an elite level without mistakes.

And by the way, they both played good teams yesterday. Northern Illinois played in BCS game against Florida State and has won 11 games 5 straight seasons. Only Oregon as equaled it. Mississippi is better than last year. And perhaps luckier.

Town crushed his beer can but later composed himself

Notre Dame showed me more than I though they had. I was going to drop a comment about how Georgia Tech and their triple option is going put the domers to bed for the year. Good thing I didn't.

Auburn had no business being ranked at all, let alone as high as they were to start the season. LSU beat them like a rented mule. Arkansas is realizing Bret Bielema was not a good hire. Or maybe they aren't, even though he started by losing...16 straight in the SEC was it? They lost to Texas Tech yesterday.

This is Texas Tech coach Kingsbury (former QB) talking about Bielema running his mouth without winning after the game.

Kingsbury

I am enjoying this despite not having any vested interest because he has a big mouth.

UCLA went to the wire with BYU and came away with a win without letting BYU get their third Hail Mary in as many weeks. Yep, I was a little surprised that USC went down.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Alabama just dug too deep a hole with turnovers and we played a really good football team. Put those two together and we're lucky to have ended with that close a score. The only good news is that it's early enough and who knows what's going to happen between now and the SEC Championship game?