College Football 2015

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pitt has 8 players in the NFL HOF

Only Ohio St (9), Notre Dame (10), and USC (11) have more.

Missouri has 2 players in the HOF

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Former Pitt players currently starring in the NFL:

1) Derrelle Revis

2) Larry Fitzgerald

3) LeSean McCoy

Former Missouri player currently starring in the media:

1) Michael Sam

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
michael-sam.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
It's that time of the year....when I have to remind everyone ...

Thanks for reminding everyone, sweetie Craigie the Clown, that your identity is tied to your "local" sports teams, not Christ, since you are a perverter of the gospel of Christ, and were kicked out of your local church, not having any idenity there, as you were booted from it, for referring to it as a "man made" church.

SaulToPaul 2

Thanks for reminding everyone, sweetie Craigie the Clown, that your identity is tied to your "local" sports teams, not Christ, since you are a perverter of the gospel of Christ, and were kicked out of your local church, not having any idenity there, as you were booted from it, for referring to it as a "man made" church.

Wally, the AD70ist, was the same way about the Mayberry Bears.

john w

Hall of Fame
Wally, the AD70ist, was the same way about the Mayberry Bears.

Craigie was a Philadelphia Eagle groupie for 25 years, and........

Most on TOL know the rest of that stumper.

He's in denial, that the Pittsburgh Steelers, like his church, are "man made."

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pitt has 8 players in the NFL HOF

Only Ohio St (9), Notre Dame (10), and USC (11) have more.

Missouri has 2 players in the HOF

I was listening to something on ESPN radio. I can't remember, just the other day. Not Mike and Mike. Since Woody Hayes, all of Ohio State's football coaches have been fired. Not one retirement. (Something for Urban to look forward to) And every one of them is in the college Hall of Fame. Go figure.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The 1994 team was absolutely awesome. In my not humble opinion, they crush the '94 Canes.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Football Writers Association of America have announced their selection for All-American going back 75 years. NFL productivity was not considered, only how they were in college football.

The FWAA's 25-man first team included Navy quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner Roger Staubach, the only member from a military academy; the only two-time Heisman Trophy winner running back Archie Griffin of Ohio State; three-time FWAA All-America end Leon Hart of Notre Dame; and the only two-time Outland Trophy winner, center Dave Rimington of Nebraska. On the three 25-man teams, the Cornhuskers led all schools with six selections – including four on the first team – and four of their overall honorees are Outland Trophy winners. Ohio State and Pittsburgh each had five selections and Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas had four. Schools with three selections were Florida State, Georgia, Michigan and USC.

5 Pitt players, so Tet can brag some more. And as awesome as Bo Jackson is, there were quite a few players that were more dominant in college. In a list like this, some will always get left off.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The 1994 team was absolutely awesome. In my not humble opinion, they crush the '94 Canes.

Nebraska was voted #1 in the 1994 season final poll (January of 1995)

Penn St. and Nebraska were the only two undefeated teams, but Penn St had to play in the Rose Bowl.

It was ridiculous that the two teams couldn't play for the championship.

IMO, Penn St. would have crushed Nebraska has they played in a championship game.

That year was one of the main reasons for establishing the BCS.