College Football 2015

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sheesh. The bowl games have been horrible this weekend. The closest one was Ohio State vs Notre Dame. And Clemson vs Okla wasn't too bad.
The Alabama game...that was a good one. I forget who the other team was, but I think they were ranked.

At least before the game. :plain:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Alabama game...that was a good one. I forget who the other team was, but I think they were ranked.

What's the deal with Chad Kelly of Ole Miss?

Is he good, or just riding the coattails of his Uncle Jim?

During the first half of the Sugar Bowl, they kept showing Archie Manning on the Ole Miss sideline. Then in the second half, they kept showing Jim Kelly in the stands with his Ole Miss getup on.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
picture.php

Without getting too political, this could be the stupidest thing I have ever seen by a politician.

Carly is a Stanford alum, but tweeted that she is rooting for Iowa to beat Stanford in the Rose Bowl because the Iowa Caucuses are coming up.

Does Carly really think the people in Iowa are that stupid?

Is this the epitome of political pandering?

Not to mention, Stanford killed Iowa in the Rose Bowl.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
just a few days ago
I was telling my michigan state friend
at least the big ten still plays defense
well
at least when they play among themselves

it is now tet's job to calculate how many points the big ten gave up in bowl games

maybe the big ten needs to get out more often

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
maybe the big ten needs to get out more often

It is the SEC that won't play out of conference road games. Two 5-7 teams from the Big 10 that aren't even supposed to be in bowl games won their bowl games.

How was Notre Dame's defense yesterday?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The Sugar Bowl is also a blowout.

Ole Miss is destroying Oklahoma St 34 -6 at the half.
Yeah, I was including the Sugar Bowl when I made that post. The games weren't even fun to watch this weekend. I only enjoyed the Fiesta Bowl because I was rooting for Clemson so I didn't care if it was really close or not.

:sozo2:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is this the epitome of political pandering?

Not to mention, Stanford killed Iowa in the Rose Bowl.

Yes it was. It was deliberate to not have Ohio State in the Rose Bowl with Stanford because liberals run it, not for profit, yet they line their pockets heavily by "payroll". So they still got paid even though it would have "gone out of business" if it were a normal business.

They denied us a much better Jan 1 by lowering standards and being fair.

Georgia and Penn State might be entertaining just because there is so much talent on the field. Especially Penn State under Franklin who has had these big recruiting classes but doesn't develop players.

edit:

I was watching the Big Ten Network this morning whose coverage is much better than ESPN. Iowa went off the field together after their beating. I thought that was classy and humble.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ESPN is delivering some strong spin. Here is the headline.

New Year’s Six on ESPN Deliver Strong TV and Digital Audiences

Here is what happened.

Overnights: 9.9 for Cotton and 9.7 for Orange. Last year's semis were 15.5 for the early game and 15.3 for the late one.

Notre Dame and Ohio State improved the Fiesta Bowl over Boise State and Arizona (goes without saying). Here is the raw numbers.

The 7.1 overnight rating average for the New Year’s Six – in which average margin victory across the six games was 24 points — is down 13% from last season’s 8.2.

ESPN made their bed and they are lying in it. The article is hilarious. And not in a good way. Overall viewership was way down even with things like the Fiesta and Rose because of New Years Eve semi-finals.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Man, Oregon was just about helpless once Vernon and their starting Center got injured. At least they forced OT and made it exciting. I thought it wouldn't even get that far.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ESPN is delivering some strong spin. Here is the headline.

New Year’s Six on ESPN Deliver Strong TV and Digital Audiences

Here is what happened.

Notre Dame and Ohio State improved the Fiesta Bowl over Boise State and Arizona (goes without saying). Here is the raw numbers.

ESPN made their bed and they are lying in it. The article is hilarious. And not in a good way. Overall viewership was way down even with things like the Fiesta and Rose because of New Years Eve semi-finals.

I liked having the games on New Years Eve, but that's because I don't go out, or do anything for NYE.

I think the rest of the country goes out, or does something.

It doesn't surprise me how bad the ratings were. I bet they were really bad on the East Coast.

When I first heard the semi games were going to be on NYE instead of New Years Day, I couldn't figure out what the heck they were thinking.

I'll bet they are not on NYE next year.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
While I'm at it, for those of you who've been decrying the SEC as overhyped for a while:

"SEC sets record for most bowl wins in a season by one conference"

Hey Cowherd...:rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It isn't hard to schedule your way to a winning record.
Slice it anyway you like it, the SEC didn't decide what bowls they'd play in and the conference just set a record.

Now if Alabama does what it should that will be a lovely crown on a great year for the SEC, despite a lack of star power under center, for the most part.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Slice it anyway you like it, the SEC didn't decide what bowls they'd play in and the conference just set a record.

Sure they do. They have a multi-billion dollar deal with ESPN and the Big Ten doesn't because their commissioner told ESPN to stick it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The two Texas A&M quarterbacks that left have found homes. Fuller is at Oklahoma and Allen is going to Houston where I made my tongue in cheek comment about Texas football will now be ruled by Houston.

Allen will flourish with the best QB coach in the college ranks.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I can't make fun of Ohio and not poke Alabama. Then again, this isn't my idea. I didn't put it on my vehicle.

Click the twitter feed.

View attachment 21318
:think: Their next what? Maybe there was more on one side or on the front, like:"next game will be the end of your championship dreams."

Something like that. :plain: More seriously, that's the problem with fans who only drove by the university on their way to a bar or a child support hearing.