College Football 2015

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clemson was impressive.

So far, one dog has won.

I'm hoping the other dog (MSU) wins this game.

If they do, it will match up two undefeated teams for the title.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, that was boring. But to be honest, expected. Michigan State's offense is not what you saw. And it isn't from Alabama. They played a Peyton Manning offense all year. Not that Cook is the player Manning is, just the style. They did a lot of passing that he created this season, like on the last drive of the half. And like Manning under pressure, he threw a pick. Sorry TH, I think Manning is a legend of the game, but he does do that in the playoffs too much.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

What the hell was that game? Alabama doesn't throw because they can't. This goes as one of the odd bowl games that happens every year. On the contrary, Alabama played the complete game when they need to most. Well done.

Clemson is the type of team and offense that has given Saban at Alabama trouble. OU two years ago, OSU last year. Now they have another one this year.

I think this can be a decent game.

My initial thought is that was not Alabama last night , and I don't expect that performance from Jake Coker again. And like Michigan State, Henry will not be able to run wild.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michigan State lost a game.

You're right, I forgot about their loss to Nebraska. Doesn't really matter anymore at this point.

Anyways, that Alabama/MSU game was descent for the first quarter, then everything changed with that pick at the goal line right before the half. Then Alabama went for the kill in the second half.

Clemson keeps surprising me.

Hopefully it will be a good game. The early line has Bama favored by 7 points.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a couple of games of interest. Including underwhelming Florida and Michigan. This is one of the games that is a spring board to next year for both of them. Jim McElwain needs to impress and get players. Because he can coach. But his current offense is just terrible. Captain obvious on that one.

Ohio State is above ND by a good amount, but I don't think they want to be there. On top of being out of the playoff, they didn't even go to the Rose Bowl.

Stanford is a more complete team than Iowa. Stanford does what Michigan State did on their last drive in the Big Ten championship game.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What the hell was that game? Alabama doesn't throw because they can't. This goes as one of the odd bowl games that happens every year. On the contrary, Alabama played the complete game when they need to most. Well done.
When you have Henry and that defense you mostly don't worry about passing except to keep the box fair. But the last time I looked the ratio was something like 45/55, so we do pass a good bit and his 30 passes wasn't that high. He typically throws between 25 and 30 passes. He did a little more because State was determined to take away the run and leave match-ups in the passing game to exploit.

I can understand the strategy. Henry is the more proven commodity, so you make us beat you with the passing game and defense. Okay. We can do that.

Clemson is the type of team and offense that has given Saban at Alabama trouble. OU two years ago, OSU last year. Now they have another one this year.
A smart, mobile qb who's accurate gives everyone trouble. But we've already seen and managed Prescott. This won't be a surprise for our defense.

I think this can be a decent game.
Should be.

My initial thought is that was not Alabama last night , and I don't expect that performance from Jake Coker again. And like Michigan State, Henry will not be able to run wild.
He had a great game and a great December, but he's been playing well overall and he doesn't have to have that sort of game for Bama to win. He didn't really need to play that well against State.

And Watson is a little over six feet and he's not the threat Prescott was, but he's had a solid year for Clemson...he also doesn't light it up. The one exception this year being the NC state game. That was pinball, but mostly he's good for a couple of tds against an interception. And he's not playing his best ball late.

I think that if he tries to be the running game Alabama is going to hurt him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He typically throws between 25 and 30 passes. He did a little more because State was determined to take away the run and leave match-ups in the passing game to exploit.

Pretty much. And it wasn't having 25 or 30 passes, it was being 25 of 30 passes. That is Phil Simms Super Bowl legendary type of game. Where was this the rest of the season from him?

I can understand the strategy.
So can I. 38-0.

The Ohio State-ND game still has a half, but the game is already out of control. This was what the playoff was supposed to be about. Get the four best playing. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, (in place of my FSU pick) and still Michigan State. One big problem Michigan State had was no running back picked up where Langford left off. They did it by committee throughout the year. That loses come playoff or bowl game.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michigan-Florida was also not competitive.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stanford is the best team in the PAC12. Iowa is 3rd or more likely 4th best in the Big Ten.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sheesh. The bowl games have been horrible this weekend. The closest one was Ohio State vs Notre Dame. And Clemson vs Okla wasn't too bad.