Christ name is

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Exodus 23:21[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

[/FONT]John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yah-wah / Yah-shua[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

daqq

There is nothing derogatory about the name "Jesus" but the fact still remains that in all of the most ancient manuscripts and fragments the only thing you are going to find for the name of the Master is the Nomen Sacrum, Ι̅H. That means that neither "Ἰησοῦς", nor "Jesus", nor "Yeshua", nor "Yahshua", nor any other name is found in any ancient Greek text: those are all nothing more than "best guesses" from those who claim they know something they really do not know for sure. And again, this fact sheds light on the statement in the Apocalypse which says that he has a name written which no one without him knows. The reason why is because "best guesses" are nothing more than that, and they are flat wrong, and that is surely what they get for being so nonchalant about something so important: you cannot understand the Nomen Sacrum of his name unless you truly understand what is written in the Gospel accounts and what is spoken in the Testimony of the Master: you cannot enter the kingdom without his Testimony, and without his Testimony you cannot even know his name. Will he forgive? who am I to say? but how much do you love the Father and His Word? If you love the Father you will come to know His Word who is His Son. Here below are just a few possibilities if anyone is truly serious about such things, (and just because the other sacred nouns, Theos, Kurios, Christos, etc., may indeed be hyphenated or suspended in the Nomina Sacra, does not mean it is the same with the name of the Master and the Teacher, the Meshiah and the one Anointed with Meshiah: and they both have the same Nomen Sacrum, :chuckle:).

1) Ι̅H ~ Ιωαννης Ηλιας (Yohanan Eliyahu).
2) Ι̅H ~ Ιωσηφ του Ηλι (Yoseph of Eli).
3) Ι̅H ~ Ιακωβ Ηλι (Yakob Eli [Mat 1:16+Luk 3:23]).
4) Ι̅H ~ Ιεσσιας-Ησαιας (Yeshayahu [2Chr 26:22 OG LXX has the Iota form, (Ιεσσιου)]).

5) Ι̅H ~ Ια-Ηλωιμ (Yah Elohim).
6)
Ι̅H ~ Ια Ηλι (Yah my El)
7) And, no, "Yah" is not "short" for the name of the Father.

CherubRam

[FONT="][URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+23:21&version=NIV"][FONT="][B] Exodus 23:21[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][FONT="]
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

[/FONT]John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Yah-wah / Yah-shua[/FONT][/B]

[FONT="][/FONT]

So what do you think?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

CherubRam

I've already read your post, and couldn't find anywhere in it where you explained why "Jesus" is derogatory. Lots of etymology, but no explanation on why you think it is.

And no, your dislike for using the name "Jesus" does not make it's use inherently derogatory.

Here, try this, fill in the rest:

The name "Jesus" is derogatory because... _________

Here, I will color it in red and bold for you.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Proceedings: Volume 4 Aḳademyah ha-leʼumit ha-Yiśreʼelit le-madaʻim - 1969 "Perhaps the most significant of these is the passage where instead of the printed 'that certain man' we find 'Jesus the Nazarene — may his name be obliterated' (thus also in a Genizah MS, British Museum, Or. 91842). "

Michael H. Cohen A Friend of All Faiths - Page 42 - 2004 "In Hebrew school, one of my teachers had explained that Yeshu (Hebrew for Jesus), rather than meaning "Saviour," in fact was an acronym that stood for yimach shemo ve-zichrono: "may his name and memory be erased "

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Here, I will color it in red and bold for you.

The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But because the Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu," for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”. The letters in "YSHU" stood for the sentence, "Yemach Shmo u'Zikro" meaning "may his name be blotted out" (from the scroll of life). According to a Jewish proverb, the worst death is eternal anonymity.

Proceedings: Volume 4 Aḳademyah ha-leʼumit ha-Yiśreʼelit le-madaʻim - 1969 "Perhaps the most significant of these is the passage where instead of the printed 'that certain man' we find 'Jesus the Nazarene — may his name be obliterated' (thus also in a Genizah MS, British Museum, Or. 91842). "

Michael H. Cohen A Friend of All Faiths - Page 42 - 2004 "In Hebrew school, one of my teachers had explained that Yeshu (Hebrew for Jesus), rather than meaning "Saviour," in fact was an acronym that stood for yimach shemo ve-zichrono: "may his name and memory be erased "

Adding to previous commentary, so much can be assumed by various names, and a subject can be called by many names. It will be whatever it is assigned as per meaning and form, whatever one chooses to assign it. Therefore I dont think God is dogmatic over it, even his own name...since his own being is its own witness of existence which is what the tetragrammaton denotes anyways ;)

The english name 'Jesus' has already secured its own identity, no matter protest or assumption.

CherubRam

Adding to previous commentary, so much can be assumed by various names, and a subject can be called by many names. It will be whatever it is assigned as per meaning and form, whatever one chooses to assign it. Therefore I dont think God is dogmatic over it, even his own name...since his own being is its own witness of existence which is what the tetragrammaton denotes anyways ;)

The english name 'Jesus' has already secured its own identity, no matter protest or assumption.

Yahshua has gained a foot hold and is advancing.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Today's oracle........

Today's oracle........

Awesome, if it helps in any meaningful way.

I still hold to an aspect of 'God' beyond knowledge, name and form. The unknown :) - it must be true for any finite aspect of creation to intuit the infinite as the unknown. It is thru the ongoing faculty of consciousness that both known and unknown co-exist. Consciousness includes, excludes and concludes.

Existence is already Self-evident in the affirmation 'I am', which our divine ID-entity. The significant feature of 'ehyeh asher ehyeh' has to do with creative potential of being, revealing itself thru 'co-creation' via covenantal relationship with Spirit. Hence Deity is communicating the will of creation as "I will be, whatever I will be" ( in co-creational context within love's covenant).

Jesus as Joshua is God's salvation, spell it as you like. I know many light workers who are fine using the word 'Christ' in just as powerful a way, even though its not a proper name, but a title, but it has the full meaning of God's anointed.....and God's anointing. Such is 'Christ Consciousness'. All is according to ones knowledge, understanding, focus and calling.

One is delivered by calling on the essence, character, nature and identity (name) of 'God', and may likewise use the power of prayer invoking such. - the key is in the 'name' and the 'calling'.

clefty

THe author of Acts is specific not only once but twice that Paul heard the name in Hebrew/Aramaic.

It was important to note that in his defense Paul spoke in Hebrew to the Sanhedrin to shut them up and thus when he relates the story of being knocked off his horse and asking “who are you?” Paul did NOT hear the name “Iesous” certainly not “Jesus”

and again in front of Agrippa Paul repeats he heard his answer in the Hebrew/Aramaic...NOT “Jesus”

daqq

THe author of Acts is specific not only once but twice that Paul heard the name in Hebrew/Aramaic.

It was important to note that in his defense Paul spoke in Hebrew to the Sanhedrin to shut them up and thus when he relates the story of being knocked off his horse and asking “who are you?” Paul did NOT hear the name “Iesous” certainly not “Jesus”

and again in front of Agrippa Paul repeats he heard his answer in the Hebrew/Aramaic...NOT “Jesus”

1 Corinthians 12:3
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of Elohim says, "Anathema Ι̅H", and no one is able to say, "Master Ι̅H", if not by the Holy Spirit.
[or Spirit of the Holy One]

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Monogram Christology.......

Monogram Christology.......

1 Corinthians 12:3
3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of Elohim says, "Anathema Ι̅H", and no one is able to say, "Master Ι̅H", if not by the Holy Spirit.
[or Spirit of the Holy One]

Hi daqq,

(Is 'I H' really Yeshua?)

I dont think most people are familar with Christograms unless versed in Christian monograms....and 'I H' is probably foreign to many people, and we would still question how an 'I' (iota) and 'H' (eta) even correlates to Yeshua (joshua), except thru some transliteration process. Its all pretty sketchy....beyond some person named Yeshua signifying Yah's salvation, while some people have little knowledge of what the 'name' means, which puts arbitrary power into it pending one's own faith or knowledge, however thats interpreted. All is a play on words.

Since we're dealing with names, titles, symbols, language, monograms, etc......its all figurative, whether a 'Jesus' existed or not anyways, juggling any number of criteria within a historical or mythological context. All we have is an image, form, concept, idea....using such as a 'medium' to translate religious or spiritual values and meanings. At last all is but an allegorical story of the souls transformation and ascension procress thru the 'Christ' within. (Christ in you, the hope of glory).

So does someone need to know Jesus name in its true original form and pronounciation before the holy spirit gives it sanction? Does the holy spirit inspire a correct rendition of the name or is some approximation sufficient? Who cares?

daqq

Hi daqq,

(Is 'I H' really Yeshua?)

I dont think most people are familar with Christograms unless versed in Christian monograms....and 'I H' is probably foreign to many people, and we would still question how an 'I' (iota) and 'H' (eta) even correlates to Yeshua (joshua), except thru some transliteration process. Its all pretty sketchy....beyond some person named Yeshua signifying Yah's salvation, while some people have little knowledge of what the 'name' means, which puts arbitrary power into it pending one's own faith or knowledge, however thats interpreted. All is a play on words.

Since we're dealing with names, titles, symbols, language, monograms, etc......its all figurative, whether a 'Jesus' existed or not anyways, juggling any number of criteria within a historical or mythological context. All we have is an image, form, concept, idea....using such as a 'medium' to translate religious or spiritual values and meanings. At last all is but an allegorical story of the souls transformation and ascension procress thru the 'Christ' within. (Christ in you, the hope of glory).

So does someone need to know Jesus name in its true original form and pronounciation before the holy spirit gives it sanction? Does the holy spirit inspire a correct rendition of the name or is some approximation sufficient? Who cares?

According to my understanding of the Word, no, it does not mean "Yeshua" or "Jesus".

There is nothing derogatory about the name "Jesus" but the fact still remains that in all of the most ancient manuscripts and fragments the only thing you are going to find for the name of the Master is the Nomen Sacrum, Ι̅H. That means that neither "Ἰησοῦς", nor "Jesus", nor "Yeshua", nor "Yahshua", nor any other name is found in any ancient Greek text: those are all nothing more than "best guesses" from those who claim they know something they really do not know for sure. And again, this fact sheds light on the statement in the Apocalypse which says that he has a name written which no one without him knows. The reason why is because "best guesses" are nothing more than that, and they are flat wrong, and that is surely what they get for being so nonchalant about something so important: you cannot understand the Nomen Sacrum of his name unless you truly understand what is written in the Gospel accounts and what is spoken in the Testimony of the Master: you cannot enter the kingdom without his Testimony, and without his Testimony you cannot even know his name. Will he forgive? who am I to say? but how much do you love the Father and His Word? If you love the Father you will come to know His Word who is His Son. Here below are just a few possibilities if anyone is truly serious about such things, (and just because the other sacred nouns, Theos, Kurios, Christos, etc., may indeed be hyphenated or suspended in the Nomina Sacra, does not mean it is the same with the name of the Master and the Teacher, the Meshiah and the one Anointed with Meshiah: and they both have the same Nomen Sacrum).

1) Ι̅H ~ Ιωαννης Ηλιας (Yohanan Eliyahu).
2) Ι̅H ~ Ιωσηφ του Ηλι (Yoseph of Eli).
3) Ι̅H ~ Ιακωβ Ηλι (Yakob Eli [Mat 1:16+Luk 3:23]).
4) Ι̅H ~ Ιεσσιας-Ησαιας (Yeshayahu [2Chr 26:22 OG LXX has the Iota form, (Ιεσσιου)]).

5) Ι̅H ~ Ια-Ηλωιμ (Yah Elohim).
6)
Ι̅H ~ Ια Ηλι (Yah my El)
7) And, no, "Yah" is not "short" for the name of the Father.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Most all scholars agree that God's name is Yah.

Quote from pages 217 and 218 of the Brown-Driver-Briggs. Ref # 3068-69 on page 217.
Brown-Driver-Briggs on page 218 states that, "Many recent scholars explain יהוה‎ as Hiph. of הוה equals היה "

הוה hawah / HWH is hawah.
היה hayah / HYH is hayah.

Note that the vowels are all " a."
יהוה Yahwah

The vowels are "a" in the Brown-Driver-Briggs, the NIV Exhaustive Concordance, and the Strong's Exhaustive Concordances.

If you are right and I am wrong, then God's prophecy through Moses failed; and Christ words failed. Think about that for a while. Jesus does not egual Yah.

Exodus 23:21

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Christ's name in English is Yahshua.

Shalom.

Today is Shlishli (Third), 12-26. It is Yom, Day.

The third letter in God's name is a Vav, ו

God's name is Hebrew as you can see it here, יהוה

The letters are Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey. I have also seen Yud, Hei, Vav, Hei.

Christ's name is Yeshua.

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

Christ's name is Yeshua.

Shalom.

Jacob

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/CherubRam/Yahshua_zps211b2035.jpg

Yahshua_zps211b2035.jpg

CherubRam

Shalom.

Christ's name is Yeshua.

Shalom.

Jacob

Yah short form

Yah (Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".

daqq

Yah short form

Yah (Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".

Again, that is your assumption. You are merely assuming that the authors of scripture were willing to shorten the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, while the writings of Paul disagree with what you say by inference, which is clearly shown in some of the quotes he gives where he attributes that name to the Meshiah, (the name Yah, from a particular Psalm which Paul quotes from, and plainly attributes the passage to the Meshiah). Every one who knows the Father and the Son praises the Father in/by the name of the Son, and thus, Hallu-in-Yah!

CherubRam

Again, that is your assumption. You are merely assuming that the authors of scripture were willing to shorten the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, while the writings of Paul disagree with what you say by inference, which is clearly shown in some of the quotes he gives where he attributes that name to the Meshiah, (the name Yah, from a particular Psalm which Paul quotes from, and plainly attributes the passage to the Meshiah). Every one who knows the Father and the Son praises the Father in/by the name of the Son, and thus, Hallu-in-Yah!

Christ was never called Yah, but our Holy Father is called by that name.