Christ name is

CherubRam

Most all scholars agree that God's name is Yah.

Quote from pages 217 and 218 of the Brown-Driver-Briggs. Ref # 3068-69 on page 217.
Brown-Driver-Briggs on page 218 states that, "Many recent scholars explain יהוה‎ as Hiph. of הוה equals היה "

הוה hawah / HWH is hawah.
היה hayah / HYH is hayah.

Note that the vowels are all " a."
יהוה Yahwah

The vowels are "a" in the Brown-Driver-Briggs, the NIV Exhaustive Concordance, and the Strong's Exhaustive Concordances.

If you are right and I am wrong, then God's prophecy through Moses failed; and Christ words failed. Think about that for a while. Jesus does not equal Yah.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Christ's name in English is Yahshua.

Last edited:

CherubRam

What is the name of his son
Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son? Surely you know!

Yahwah and Yahshua.

CherubRam

Concealing the name of God

Concealing the name of God was not only a custom, it was also made a law.

The sages quoted, "This is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations" (Ex. iii. 15). Here the word "le-'olam" (forever) is written defectively, being without the "waw" for the vowel "o," which renders the reading "le-'allem" (to conceal; Ḳid. 71a).

Forty years prior to the destruction of the Temple, the priests ceased to pronounce the Name (Yoma39b). From that time the pronunciation of the Name was prohibited. "Whoever pronounces the Name forfeits his portion in the future world" (Sanh. xi. 1).
30 AD to 70 AD.

Abba Saul (2d cent.) condemned the profanation of the Tetragrammaton by classing those "that speak the Name according to its letters," with those who have no part in the future world (Sanh. x. 1); and according to 'Ab. Zarah 17b, one of the martyrs of Hadrian's time, Hananiah b. Teradion, was burned at the stake because he so uttered the Name.

The view that prayer is more effectual if the name of God is pronounced in it as it is written caused the scholars of Kairwan to address a question in the eleventh century to Hai Gaon with reference to the pronunciation of the Shem ha-Meforash, to which he answered that it might not be uttered at all outside the Holy Land (Hai Gaon, "Ṭa'am Zeḳenim," p. 55; see Löw, "Gesammelte Schriften," i. 204).

Because Hebrews dropped their 'ayins', to keep from saying God's name, hence we have "y'shua." Also spelled Yeshua, for which we have in Greek, "Iēsous" and "Isus." These are corruptions of the names that begin with "Yah."

Thirteen theophoric names with "Yeho" have corresponding forms where the letters eh have been omitted. There is a theory by Christian Ginsburg that this is due to Hebrew scribes omitting the "h", changing Jeho (יְהוֹ‎) into Jo (יוֹ‎), to make the start of "Yeho-" names not sound like an attempt to pronounce the Divine Name.
Theophoric Names: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theophoric_name

CherubRam

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

TrevorL

Greetings CherubRam,
If Christ name is Jesus, then the word of God has failed.
Matthew 1:20-21 (KJV): 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins..

Kind regards
Trevor

clefty

Greetings CherubRam, Matthew 1:20-21 (KJV): 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins..

Kind regards
Trevor

Acts 26:12In this connection I journeyed to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13 At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me. 14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 And I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting"...

You can be certain that the name Paul heard was not Jesus iesous or isus

Even Joshua would be a more accurate English translation but translators did not want people to confuse Him with the OT character although they themselves did:

http://www.kjv-only.com/acts7_45.html

This "mistake" of inserting "Jesus" when it's "Joshua" is understandable when the agenda is to show the Sabbath day keeping of Yah has been replaced by His son "Jesus"

If interested study out two other people names Jesus...Jesus barbaras another son of the father and magician bar Jesus in The book of Acts

And remember by no other name...

CherubRam

The correct choice of word to use in a translation would be because of context. Yah said that His name is in him (Christ.) Christ said that Yah’s name is in him. Therefore Christ name must be Yahshua to fulfill the word of God. What the Rabbi’s have done to the Hebrew language is make God out to be a liar. The word of God has not failed, people have failed God, and His son Yahshua.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Most all scholars agree that God's name is Yah.

Good point. And what do most all scholars say the name of Israel is?

What do most all scholars say the name of Christ is?

What do most all scholars say the name of Jerusalem is?

What do most all scholars say the name of Abraham is?

Why do we even have English translations if YHWH wants everyone to speak Hebrew?

clefty

Why do we even have English translations if YHWH wants everyone to speak Hebrew?

Yah doesn't want everyone to speak hebrew...even changed languages so that they spoke different ones...babel

proper names however are a different category of words and being a commandment and all He takes His pretty seriously...

CherubRam

Halleluyah. Since the first name of God is Yah, how is it that it is not retained in Hebrew theophoric names? It is because the Rabbi's changed the Hebrew language so God's name may not be spoken.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yah doesn't want everyone to speak hebrew...even changed languages so that they spoke different ones...babel

proper names however are a different category of words and being a commandment and all He takes His pretty seriously...

Are you saying the Jews were right to refer to God as Adonai so they wouldn't misuse his name?

How brilliant they were, what a great idea.

So if I avoid the use of yah I'll never profane his name, right?

CherubRam

The English language often borrows from other languages.

TrevorL

Greetings clefty,
Acts 26:12In this connection I journeyed to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13 At midday, O king, I saw on the way a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, that shone around me and those who journeyed with me. 14 And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 And I said, ‘Who are you, Lord?’ And the Lord said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting"...
You can be certain that the name Paul heard was not Jesus iesous or isus.
When Paul wrote to the Galatians and the Ephesians in Greek in the following verses, is there any evidence or suggestion that he used a different word for Jesus?
Galatians 1:1-3 (KJV): 1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead; 2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia: 3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 1:1-3 (KJV): 1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: 2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Kind regards
Trevor

CherubRam

Yah

Yah (Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Yahshua bible history[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brown-Driver-Briggs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]יְהוֺשׁוּעַ, יְהוֺשֻׁעַ and (later) יֵשׁוּעַ, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]proper name, masculine[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (& location, see [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9[/FONT][FONT=&quot] below) (׳י is salvation, or ׳י is opulence, compare אֱלִישָׁע, אֱלִישׁוּעַ, אֲבִישׁוּעַ & NesSK 1892, 573 f.; in any case it came to be associated with ישׁע, compare Matthew 1:21; on יֵשׁוּעַ see especially FräVOJ iv. 1890, 332 f. MüllSK 1892, 177 f. who cite analogue for change of וֹ to later ֵ֯, & Nesl.c.) — [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Moses' successor, son of Nun, (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς) יְהוֺשׁוּעַ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 3:21[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Judges 2:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; = יְהוֺשֻׁעַ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Exodus 17:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot],10,13,14; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Exodus 24:13[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Exodus 32:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Exodus 33:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 11:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 13:16[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 14:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot],30,38; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 26:65[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 27:18,22[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 32:12,28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 34:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 1:38[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 3:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 31:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot],7,14 (twice in verse); [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 31:23[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 34:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Joshua 1:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 167t. Joshua; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Judges 1:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Judges 2:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot],7,8,21,23; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Kings 16:34[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Chronicles 7:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; = יֵשׁוּעַ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 8:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς); according to P, name changed by Moses from הוֺשֵׁעַ q. v. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Numbers 13:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot],16 (ᵐ5 Αὑση) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 32:44[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] יְהוֺשֻׁעַ a Bethshemite [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Samuel 6:14[/FONT][FONT=&quot],18 (ᵐ5 'Wshe, A Ἰησοῦς, ᵐ5L Ἰωσηε). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3[/FONT][FONT=&quot] high priest after the restoration, son of Jehozadak יְהוֺשֻׁעַ (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Haggai 1:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot],12,14; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Haggai 2:2,4[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Zechariah 3:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot],3,6,8,9; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Zechariah 6:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; = יְשׁוּעַ (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 2:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 3:2,8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 4:3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 5:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 10:18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 7:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 12:1[/FONT][FONT=&quot],7,10,26. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] יְהוֺשֻׁעַ governor of Jerusalem under Josiah [/FONT][FONT=&quot]2 Kings 23:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς, ᵐ5L Ἰωσηε). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5[/FONT][FONT=&quot] יֵשׁוּעַ (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς). head of one of the classes of priests [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 Chronicles 24:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot], possibly also [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 2:36[/FONT][FONT=&quot] = [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 7:39[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] יֵשׁוּעַ (ᵐ5 Ἰησοῦς etc.), a Levitical family-name of frequent occurrence:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]a.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 2:40[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 3:9[/FONT][FONT=&quot] = [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 7:43[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 8:7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 9:4,5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 10:10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 12:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]b.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2Chronicles 31:15; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 8:33[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 12:24[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7[/FONT][FONT=&quot] יֵשׁוּעַ (ᵐ5 id.), father of a builder at the wall [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 3:19[/FONT][FONT=&quot], perhaps = [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] a Judaite family-name (ᵐ5 id.), [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ezra 2:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] = [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 7:11[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (compare SmListen 12). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9. proper name, of a location[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]in south of Judah[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Nehemiah 11:26[/FONT][FONT=&quot] בְּיֵשׁוּעַ (ᵐ5 ἐν Ἰησού, ᵐ5L ἐν Σουα). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]יְהוֺשֻׁעַ, יֵשׁוּעַ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]proper name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]