Can the "Truth" be politically incorrect?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I say the Truth is always correct. But in America today delusion, bias, stupidity and criminality are all part of the power structure.:madmad:

I fear that we are going down the road to destruction.

The Bible is Truth.

John 17:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And if this country is going to survive it needs to get back to the truth.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self control." -6000 year old Egyptian inscription

People always claim that the new generations represent decay and a fall. You need a fairly rose tinted perspective on the past to think it was any better.

Of course there are problems today, but no more problems today than there were in previous generations.

The problems today are more frightening to most persons who are over 70.

Look at my list and you see it has more to do with me than anything else.

These young people drive like they are nuts! They floor there cars when the light turns green, then have to slam on the break for the next red light, which would be green if they drove sane!

You cannot trust these lousy pups; they see you signal to get into the turning lane before it opens, so they floor it and then try to block you out and honk at you like there life depended on it!

When they get into their car, they act like they are half human and half car?

Checkers are paid by the hour, yet they check you out so fast you never get to see if the prices are right?

I thought women wanted equal respect, yet young women seem to have no problem saying. " I do not know" to any question asked?

Young people act like they are afraid of strangers, they never have time to talk, and seem to be mistrusting. What ever happened to casual chats?

Young people have no sense of style, they wear sweats out shopping, and even dining out.

People today have course language, their vocabulary stinks, and they use slang for everything. Crazy young people buy new pants with holes and patches; that is crazy, why not raid Goodwill and save?

This I just do not get, as you seem when I was young we did not like movies that used old timie songs, and old time was our parents generation, Nowadays, you have movies playing songs with Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin songs, anyone know Jagger, Richards, Plant and Page are in their 70s? That would be like my listening to some old rag-time tune in a movie. What;s wrong here? You are listening to music half a century old? For me, twenty years old was for the old folks, you all listen to old grandpa and grandma music?

You think it is style to drive a vehicle that looks like a workman's utility truck. Where is your sense is taste?

It seems like everyone wants to do the same thing, and they like then same things? They ise the same slang, and it's all slang. All the little cars look like bugs, even the expensive ones?

What is this thing with hardwood floors? When I was young, carpet was a sign of status, and old hardwood floors were, just that, hard and drafty, and today rugs are not worth their costs. They are harder to clean, and no one seems to know how to clean them?

No one can cook anymore, they eat out and waste money, speaking about that, according to AARP, three quarters on retired age people have less than $40,000 saved. Talk about doing without social security, heck with no savings you better hope it lasts!

Things you really do not need, cellphones, cable TV, Teevo, that other funny thing you pay monthly for, whatever it is?

:rain:

noguru

"We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self control." -6000 year old Egyptian inscription

People always claim that the new generations represent decay and a fall. You need a fairly rose tinted perspective on the past to think it was any better.

Of course there are problems today, but no more problems today than there were in previous generations.

Well said and accurate. And apparently some great men/women from the past have noticed the exact same universal truth.

Charles Dickens said:
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

allblack

BANNED
Banned
No, I don't subscribe to the notion that two wrongs make a right.

No, but on an individual level, a person who claims they accepts the golden rule but yet treats others with disrespect, is either lying about the golden rule or does not want to be respected him/her self.

bybee

No, but on an individual level, a person who claims they accepts the golden rule but yet treats others with disrespect, is either lying about the golden rule or does not want to be respected him/her self.

Indeed!
It reminds me of a debate in which a person with nothing to say insists that those with something to say must remain silent.