Can the "Truth" be politically incorrect?

bybee

I say the Truth is always correct. But in America today delusion, bias, stupidity and criminality are all part of the power structure.:madmad:

I fear that we are going down the road to destruction.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I say the Truth is always correct. But in America today delusion, bias, stupidity and criminality are all part of the power structure.:madmad:

I agree, although I'm sure we differ on our opinion of the vehicle in which we will be riding. :chuckle:

I recently said to my Dad that this world will look completely different in 100-200 years(politically/socially). He agreed probably for the same reason you will.

PureX

The truth, from our human perspective, is always going to be perceived relative to our human perspective. The Truth (with a capital "T") may be absolute, as a singular whole, but that is not how we humans perceive things (as a singular whole). We humans can only perceive parts of the whole, and a little of how they inter-relate, so we can only perceive relative truthfulness via the relation of the 'parts' of the whole. What is true from one person's perspective and experience may not be true from another person's perspective and experience. Thus, we all live in our own unique world-views made up of relative and half truths, assembled in ignorance, and with a bias toward our own egos and well-being.

Understanding this, is it any wonder that our social structures are constantly falling apart, and our governments are buried in corruption and idiocy? Just look at how insane most of the posts on TOL are, and multiply that by the billions of human beings on the planet, and you get an idea if just how insane humanity really is. And guess what; you're one of us. You're just as crazy as we all are, and maybe even crazier still, if you can't/won't see it!

Welcome to the idiot parade, brought to you by the limited nature of the human condition.

Buzzword

"Truth" can mean "fact" or "honesty" or "overarching statement of condition".

Facts are based on evidence, though that evidence can be misinterpreted.

Honesty is based on what the speaker believes to be true. A person who honestly believes that black people shouldn't have equal rights with white people is "telling the truth" when he says so.

Overarching statements of condition tend to be a combination of the above two, with the speaker interpreting evidence from many different sources, in the best case scenario, to draw a conclusion using his/her own expertise in the subject matter.
In the worst-case scenario, the speaker either doesn't use any evidence at all and makes the statement based on dogma or indoctrination, or uses a tiny sample from whatever subject he/she is speaking about (which he/she generally has little to no expertise in) to LEAP to a conclusion (hasty generalization fallacy) which a person in the best case scenario will likely refute.

musterion

Yes, but only to those who refuse to receive a love of the truth. The concept of political correctness is the followup to moral relativity. MR made people doubt what had always been accepted as true; PR is the means (one of them) to then reshape their thinking.

It's all about power...the power to DESTROY truth, then remake it, and then force people to accept it and punish those who wont.

Christ's Word

Like the comedian said, "Liberals have to pretend we don't know things that we actually do know are true."

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

1Jn 4:5 These people belong to the world. That is why they speak from the world's perspective, and the world listens to them.
1Jn 4:6 We belong to God. The person who knows God listens to us. Whoever does not belong to God does not listen to us. This is how we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit.-ISV

MarcATL

The truth, from our human perspective, is always going to be perceived relative to our human perspective. The Truth (with a capital "T") may be absolute, as a singular whole, but that is not how we humans perceive things (as a singular whole). We humans can only perceive parts of the whole, and a little of how they inter-relate, so we can only perceive relative truthfulness via the relation of the 'parts' of the whole. What is true from one person's perspective and experience may not be true from another person's perspective and experience. Thus, we all live in our own unique world-views made up of relative and half truths, assembled in ignorance, and with a bias toward our own egos and well-being.

Understanding this, is it any wonder that our social structures are constantly falling apart, and our governments are buried in corruption and idiocy? Just look at how insane most of the posts on TOL are, and multiply that by the billions of human beings on the planet, and you get an idea if just how insane humanity really is. And guess what; you're one of us. You're just as crazy as we all are, and maybe even crazier still, if you can't/won't see it!

Welcome to the idiot parade, brought to you by the limited nature of the human condition.
Brother, you got it SPOT ON!!

giphy.gif

bybee

I disagree with your negative view.
The Truth is that we are all brothers and sisters sharing this planet and it's resources.
Some are idiots some of the time and some are idiots all of the time.
Some are wise some of the time and some are wise most of the time.
I watched the Dalai Lama wipe away tears from the eyes of a little girl who was so delighted to meet him. An innocent child meets a man of immense wisdom.
Of course the human condition is limited! BUT, it is my job, and yours, to strive toward the perfection that is Truth. We must admit that we are limited by our aloneness but expanded in togetherness.
Of course we must be careful of one another.
But, that doesn't mean that one must be forced to accept that which one finds unacceptable.
Social structures shall always fall apart because they are created by power structures answerable only to themselves.
In the meantime we live, we love, we share, we build and we rebuild. We attempt to survive with as much pleasure and dignity possible in spite of "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".

PureX

I say the Truth is always correct.
Everyone says that. Yet we're all seeing a different "truth", depending on who and where we are.
But in America today delusion, bias, stupidity and criminality are all part of the power structure.
WE ARE "the power structure" in this country. This is government by the people and for the people, remember? Apparently, this is the government we want, because we keep on voting for it, or we complain but do nothing to change it.
Humanity is always self-destructing. Every time we try to a create peaceful, healthy civilization, we destroy it from within through our own greed and ignorance. I'm amazed we didn't immediately blow ourselves to bits the moment we built a bomb big enough to do it. Instead, it looks like we'll just befoul our own habitat until it becomes unlivable, and render ourselves extinct, that way.

The inevitable legacy of an idiot parade.

bybee

Everyone says that. Yet we're all seeing a different "truth", depending on who and where we are.
WE ARE "the power structure" in this country. This is government by the people and for the people, remember? Apparently, this is the government we want, because we keep on voting for it, or we complain but do nothing to change it.
Humanity is always self-destructing. Every time we try to a create peaceful, healthy civilization, we destroy it from within through our own greed and ignorance. I'm amazed we didn't immediately blow ourselves to bits the moment we built a bomb big enough to do it. Instead, it looks like we'll just befoul our own habitat until it becomes unlivable, and render ourselves extinct, that way.

The inevitable legacy of an idiot parade.

My friend, what is the point of your life?

bybee

To correct your inevitable error. :chuckle:

And I do appreciate your concern.
You see, I don't mind making errors. A living, loving, creative person will make mistakes as he/she travels through life. I am open to correction. I love to learn.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.…

2 Peter 2:18 For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error, 19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.…

bybee

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires 4 and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.…

2 Peter 2:18 For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error, 19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.…

Well chosen!

Selaphiel

"We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self control." -6000 year old Egyptian inscription

People always claim that the new generations represent decay and a fall. You need a fairly rose tinted perspective on the past to think it was any better.

Of course there are problems today, but no more problems today than there were in previous generations.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self control." -6000 year old Egyptian inscription

Which is not sourced, even in "I seem to be a verb" by philosopher and geo-dome creator Buckminster Fuller and no age is given, just says it exists by stating so - no reference for it other than his book. Some sources claim 8000 years and some even more than that and less than that, but all of them cite the vague unsourced claim from that one book.

People always claim that the new generations represent decay and a fall. You need a fairly rose tinted perspective on the past to think it was any better.

Of course there are problems today, but no more problems today than there were in previous generations.

People often cite vague materials without source material to make claims also.

bybee

I get to watch Islamic militants half a world away as they shoot babies and women and men and children. Also I get to watch stoning's and beheadings.
The ability to kill has been broadened and become more difficult to check.
Man's lust for power is now backed by powerful weapons easily accessible to any would be dictator.