ECT Can the Great Tribulation be far off?? Wake Up Christian!!

Cross Reference

That's my point.

You're taking the "mark" as literal, but then everything else as figurative.

(Exodus 13:15-16) This is why I sacrifice to the Lord the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.’ 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand.”

HINT: microchips didn't exist during the Exodus.

Neither did Helicopters!!! Locusts with stingers in their tails was John's best shot at describing what was revealed to him!!

"And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were *crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men".
Revelation 9:3,7 (KJV)

*gold helmets of the pilots.

Cross Reference

The line about 'like no other' is exactly why we must not read Daniel directly--without the NT interp. Christ explained what that line meant.

And it testifies of the accuracy of Daniel, Revelation and Zechariah and all else pertaining to the end of this age and the age to come..

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
When you find that in the NT let me know. The plain language about this is Rom 11:30. God has no dealings with ethnes as such any more. Just sinners or believers. You're an age that was 'obsolete and soon disappearing.'

There is plenty about justice in the NT declarations about the coming judgement and none about geo-political justice for Israel.

Paul said all Israel will be saved....even Balaam knew better than you, he tried to curse Israel, he stood to gain a fortune for it....but he found himself asayin "their end will be greater than their beginning"

So say ALL the prophets

And since the last time we see them as a nation their situation was pretty grim we must expect that their blessing is still future.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No it should not be translated that way. It is the upheaval or disturbance or calamity of Israel in the 6th decade. Instead of persecution it was actually an event that was God's judgement.

The clock of prophesied judgement did not stop. Dan 9 took place on its time marks.

Are you actually saying these words?

What? God says that Michael the great angel will stand up and Israel will be delivered and you is saying that was God punishing them?

Israel will dwell in safety with none to make him afraid and you say it is a calamity?

What bible are you reading?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That's not true.

If it was, why would only those in Judaea told to flee to the mountains to escape the tribulation?

The tribulation begins with the man of lawlessness exalting himself above everything that is called or worshipped as God....he is gunna stamp out ALL forms of religion which do not recognise him as god

Then he will invade Israel to claim his seat in the newly built temple....that's why God said get out of Jerusalem.

We KNOW these things happened also in 70...but that was just the fore shadow of this later event

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Somebody mentioned Darby [what a surprise :crackup: ] as being an able interpreter of these events

This is Darby

"While reading the prophecies relating to the last times especially in Isaiah I immediately saw that these prophecies cannot in any way relate to the church"

Then he draws an AMAZING conclusion from this that Israel in the last time must endure tribulation of the most grievious kind. And Darby did equate tribulation with God's wrath.

Well what were those prophecies he had read particularly in Isaiah?

That Israel will be the highest hill
Jerusalem the highest mountain
that the people will flock to the mountain of the Lord to the house of Jacob to learn the ways of the God of Jacob
that nations will beat their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning hooks [denoting worldwide prosperity and peace]
That nations would study war no more.

Where in any of that does Darby come to the conclusion that God is judging Israel or that Israel is not a nation under great blessing?

It is ok to study Darby but he is flawed in his eschatology

Danoh

Somebody mentioned Darby [what a surprise :crackup: ] as being an able interpreter of these events

This is Darby

"While reading the prophecies relating to the last times especially in Isaiah I immediately saw that these prophecies cannot in any way relate to the church"

Then he draws an AMAZING conclusion from this that Israel in the last time must endure tribulation of the most grievious kind. And Darby did equate tribulation with God's wrath.

Well what were those prophecies he had read particularly in Isaiah?

That Israel will be the highest hill
Jerusalem the highest mountain
that the people will flock to the mountain of the Lord to the house of Jacob to learn the ways of the God of Jacob
that nations will beat their swords into ploughshares and their spears into pruning hooks [denoting worldwide prosperity and peace]
That nations would study war no more.

Where in any of that does Darby come to the conclusion that God is judging Israel or that Israel is not a nation under great blessing?

It is ok to study Darby but he is flawed in his eschatology

It's very simple, Totty, Malachi chapters 3 and 4 are just one example of many, as to "the wrath to come" upon Israel towards purging them of their rebels, that both Matthew 3 and also, Matthew 13's "wheat and tares," have in mind.

If this is what Darby had concluded also, I see no problem with it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It's very simple, Totty, Malachi chapters 3 and 4 are just one example of many, as to "the wrath to come" upon Israel towards purging them of their rebels, that both Matthew 3 and also, Matthew 13's "wheat and tares," have in mind.

If this is what Darby had concluded also, I see no problem with it.

Aren't you a MADianite? I thought you were, they believe in the fall of Israel as in Malachi and all the prophets in the early parts of their prophecies bu they also believe in the RISE of Israel usually denoted in the prophets by the words "in the last days...the latter times"

God is ALREADY blessing Israel, He is gathering them and He is protecting them in a miraculous way. They have not yet turned back to the Lord but I tell you God has turned back to them.

Israel is to become a mighty end time super power. That is what Jeremiah says, that is what Isaiah says. They will return ALL OF THEM and they are going to bring with them the wealth of the nations.

Just like Jacob when he ripped the pants off Laban and fled [yes he fled in terror] but God was with him....that is what the illusion is to "the time of Jacob's trouble"

WHY?

Because of the way Laban had treated Jacob....so also with the nations....and the church is in the nations, that's why WE go through the great trib....Israel is safe

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Want some revelation from God's word?

Jeremiah. 31. ,,,um it is Jeremiah.30.

For lo the days come saith the Lord that I will turn the captivity of My people Israel and Judah and I will cause them to return to the land of their fathers and they shall possess it.

And these are the words that the Lord spake concerning Israel and Judah

For thus saith the Lord

We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear and not of peace.

Ask ye now and SEE whether a man doth travail with child? WHY THEN do I see every man with his hands upon his loins as a woman in travail and all faces turned to paleness

Alas for that day for it is great so that none is like it. It is even the the time of Jacob's trouble

BUT

He will be saved out of it

Did you see it? the revelation? ah I bet you missed it

God said WHY are you afraid like a woman in travail with childbirth.....God said a man does not travail in childbirth it is the WOMAN who travails in childbirth.

Israel is God's firstborn son....the CHURCH is the bride

musterion

I may be the only one of this opinion but I am unconvinced that the Israel which exists today is counted by God as any different from the rest of the pagan nations of the earth. SOMEDAY there will again be such a nation but as Christ said...Matt 3:9, Luke 3:8.

Danoh

Want some revelation from God's word?

Jeremiah. 31. ,,,um it is Jeremiah.30.

For lo the days come saith the Lord that I will turn the captivity of My people Israel and Judah and I will cause them to return to the land of their fathers and they shall possess it.

And these are the words that the Lord spake concerning Israel and Judah

For thus saith the Lord

We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear and not of peace.

Ask ye now and SEE whether a man doth travail with child? WHY THEN do I see every man with his hands upon his loins as a woman in travail and all faces turned to paleness

Alas for that day for it is great so that none is like it. It is even the the time of Jacob's trouble

BUT

He will be saved out of it

Did you see it? the revelation? ah I bet you missed it

God said WHY are you afraid like a woman in travail with childbirth.....God said a man does not travail in childbirth it is the WOMAN who travails in childbirth.

Israel is God's firstborn son....the CHURCH is the bride

No, sis, the good is AFTER the bad.

There is the Good, yes....

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

But first, the Bad BEFORE said Good...

60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

The Bad...

Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

The Good...

14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

The Bad...

Luke 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

The Good...

21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

What redemption is that?

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Interplanner

Son vs Bride is 2P2P which is not in the Bible. Some people just can't hear Ephesians with its 7 unities, addressed to all Christian groups; the 'destination' was left blank in 1:1 because it was for all groups.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, sis, the good is AFTER the bad.

There is the Good, yes....

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

But first, the Bad BEFORE said Good...

60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

The Bad...

Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

The Good...

14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

The Bad...

Luke 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

The Good...

21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

What redemption is that?

Luke 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Luke 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

That is so-o silly, I can't believe you said that

Every single scripture you posted shows what I am saying to you....Good for Israel, not so much for the nations. The darkness and turmoil in every instance is happening to the nations

But on Israel God's light is risen, they are dividing the spoils.

And the church is in the nations caught up in all of it.

Danoh

That is so-o silly, I can't believe you said that

Every single scripture you posted shows what I am saying to you....Good for Israel, not so much for the nations. The darkness and turmoil in every instance is happening to the nations

But on Israel God's light is risen, they are dividing the spoils.

And the church is in the nations caught up in all of it.

Nope "the city" is Jerusalem and "the people" are the Israelites.

You are simply misreading those passages.

Apparantly, you do not restudy a thing out when a view different fron your own is presented to you.

You'd do better to study out how those two phrases "the city" and "the people" are used throughout, when Israel is mentioned.