Calvinism and the word "WHOSOEVER"

beloved57

Pate

To believe in a limited atonement is to believe that Jesus is a failure and is not Lord.

To believe that Christ died for sinners and they are still lost, is to call His Death a failure!

Truster

You can't play both sides of this fence, Lon.

Maybe we should call him, Desperado...

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow

Or Desperation?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
To believe that Christ died for sinners and they are still lost, is to call His Death a failure!

It's not a failure if those sinners reject Him.

He only saves those who believe, because they believe. He cannot save those who do not believe, because they do not believe. It's not a failure on His part, it's a failure on theirs.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
18740547_1872242009695671_559288859448629647_n.jpg

Faith (belief) is "through grace" (Acts 18:27
NASB, NKJ). It is a gift of the Lord:

"God has allotted to each a measure
of faith" (Romans 12:3 NASB)

Specifically, a gift of God only to His elect:

"You do not believe because you are
not My sheep" (John 10:26 NIV, AAT,
NTMS)

It is irresistible:

"You made me trust" (Psalm 22:9
NASB, NKJ)

Not of us:

"Jesus, the author and perfecter of
our faith" (Hebrews 12:2 NIV)

To wit:

"By grace you have been saved through
faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the
gift of God, and not as a result of works"
(Ephesians 2:8 NASB)

Sola Gratia !

Last edited:

Truster

It's not a failure if those sinners reject Him.

He only saves those who believe, because they believe. He cannot save those who do not believe, because they do not believe. It's not a failure on His part, it's a failure on theirs.

But look how high and mighty your pedestal is. "I have believed, you cry"...so does Satan and he trembles.

Robert Pate

Banned
Faith (belief) is "through grace" (Acts 18:27
NASB, NKJ). It is a gift of the Lord:

"God has allotted to each a measure
of faith" (Romans 12:3 NASB)

Specifically, a gift of God only to His elect:

"You do not believe because you are
not My sheep" (John 10:26 NIV, AAT,
NTMS)

It is irresistible:

"You made me trust" (Psalm 22:9
NASB, NKJ)

Not of us:

"Jesus, the author and perfecter of
our faith" (Hebrews 12:2 NIV)

To wit:

"By grace you have been saved through
faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the
gift of God, and not as a result of works"
(Ephesians 2:8 NASB)

Sola Gratia !

You have been deceived by the devil. He has led you to believe that you have the truth, but you don't. If you had the truth you would NOT embrace Calvinism. You would trust in Christ alone. Calvinism causes you to believe that God is unjust. If you believe that about God you will not be saved. Calvinism also causes you to deny that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. This is the foundation of the Gospel, to not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to deny that Jesus is Lord. If you do not believe that Jesus is Lord you will not be saved.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But look how high and mighty your pedestal is.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

"I have believed, you cry"...so does Satan and he trembles.

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:8-9&version=NKJV

Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” - John 3:10-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:10-21&version=NKJV

Get thee hence, Satan.

Reactions: Lon

beloved57

You have been deceived by the devil. He has led you to believe that you have the truth, but you don't. If you had the truth you would NOT embrace Calvinism. You would trust in Christ alone. Calvinism causes you to believe that God is unjust. If you believe that about God you will not be saved. Calvinism also causes you to deny that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world. Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. This is the foundation of the Gospel, to not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to deny that Jesus is Lord. If you do not believe that Jesus is Lord you will not be saved.

Pateism teaches God is unjust, that God punishes the sinners again He punished Christ for, hence thats double jeopardy , injustice to be punished for the same crimes twice.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Pateism teaches God is unjust, that God punishes the sinners again He punished Christ for, hence thats double jeopardy , injustice to be punished for the same crimes twice.

They are unjustified because they do not believe in the one who offers justification through faith.

He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. - John 3:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:18&version=NKJV

Truster

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians2:8-9&version=NKJV

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach):that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. - Romans 10:8-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:8-9&version=NKJV

Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” - John 3:10-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John3:10-21&version=NKJV

Get thee hence, Satan.

You quote the scriptures, but you don't love the truth, nor those that speak the truth. You are of the same spirit as the pharisees and scribes. The Apostles faced more violent persecution from proselytes than any others. You are a proselyte.

You didn't enter by the gate, but by another way.Your attempt at religion only stands until confronted by truth and the manner in which you respond to truth proves that you are under an energised delusion and that you have been caused to believe the delusion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You quote the scriptures, but you don't love the truth, nor those that speak the truth. You are of the same spirit as the pharisees and scribes. The Apostles faced more violent persecution from proselytes than any others. You are a proselyte.

You didn't enter by the gate, but by another way.Your attempt at religion only stands until confronted by truth and the manner in which you respond to truth proves that you are under an energised delusion and that you have been caused to believe the delusion.
But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:7-9&version=NKJV

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” - Romans 1:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:16-17&version=NKJV

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:27-31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:27-31&version=NKJV

Get thee hence, Satan. I am not a proselyte, that I have become a Jew through circumcision. I was a Gentile, become a believer in Christ through Christ.

Truster

But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:7-9&version=NKJV

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.” - Romans 1:16-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans1:16-17&version=NKJV

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:27-31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:27-31&version=NKJV

Get thee hence, Satan. I am not a proselyte, that I have become a Jew through circumcision. I was a Gentile, become a believer in Christ through Christ.

You are a proselyte to a denomination or cult. Your theology is Google cut and paste. You have never had a spiritual thought.

Last edited:

Lon

You can't play both sides of this fence, Lon.

I'm not trying to be. Until I understood Atonement as Limited in some way, I would have labelled myself Amyraldian. The only important thing, for me, about labels is that it helps people know more or less, from what direction another is coming from. It that puts me on the fence or jumping back and forth, I'll have to practice on the hurdles before the next heat. I'm not fast, but I can generally make those.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Master told us* "by their fruit ye shall know them". You have no spiritual fruit.

And you know this.... How?

us* the redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” - Luke 23:39-43 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke23:39-43&version=NKJV

1. Did the second criminal truly go to heaven?
2. If so, how?

Reactions: Lon

Truster

And you know this.... How?

Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.”But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation?And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.”Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.” - Luke 23:39-43 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke23:39-43&version=NKJV

1. Did the second criminal truly go to heaven?
2. If so, how?

Yes
Election