BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I just downloaded the free Urantia book app. Years ago, I paid for a 3 inch think Urantia book. I've read the first quarter of the book. I'm surprised how different it is from our common way of thinking. I never claimed it stupid. I think you have to understand it before you call it stupid. I'm a long way from understanding it. It's loaded with stuff I need to learn to understand other pages.

Oh cool, the new kindle version is great, with instant access index links to each section. I have a couple UBs, the old blue hardback and a nicer paperback edition. If you've read at least the first 12 papers, how would you describe what you read, and did the fundamental principles and truths shared about God, the Universe and the nature of reality ring true and consistent for you?

I would also recommend that we take this discussion to the Urantia Revelation thread, as I see it as more fitting to the subject, if you're open to that :) - I know it may be hard at first, cross-checking threads, especially if 'subscribed' to both, but just a suggestion.

pj

Last edited:

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Oh cool, the new kindle version is great, with instant access index links to each section. I have a couple UBs, the old blue hardback and a nicer paperback edition. If you've read at least the first 12 papers, how would you describe what you read, and did the fundamental principles and truths shared about God, the Universe and the nature of reality ring true and consistent for you?

I would also recommend that we take this discussion to the Urantia Revelation thread, as I see it as more fitting to the subject, if you're open to that :) - I know it may be hard at first, cross-checking threads, especially if 'subscribed' to both, but just a suggestion.

pj

I forgot I was in batboy's national enquirer section.

medium_batboy.jpg

journey

Oh, sorry, I thought you said, "You just don't get it. Nobody is interested in this hocus pokus baloney except you and a couple of your buds. It's funny that you think folks are anxiously awaiting your next post. Some folks read your stuff because it's weird or funny."

my bad.

So you're becoming a urantia cultist. That has nothing to do with me, the Holy Bible, or the real and living God. If you want to fill your head with this garbage, that's your business.

tomahuman

The Urantia Book

The Urantia Book

Hello list members.
I am new to the list but have been following the thread about The Urantia Book for many months as I have a Google alert set to Urantia and this thread comes up regularly.
A little about me - I was raised a Methodist growing up in Minnesota and found that my Sunday school teachers could not answer many of my deeper questions. My prayer to God was -"I want to believe in you, but I need to see you, I need to know you but no one can show me how to find you. Please help me find you".
I eventually left home and went on a quest to see if there were answers somewhere to be found or if I was going to have to just live with what I had (I had been contemplating suicide as my life felt so dark and depressing). This search led me to the west coast where all sorts of unorthodox guru's and teachers were to be found. I went to many of them and found some had useful insights and others not so much. I became frustrated that no particular path had the high degree of truth I was hoping to find.
One day a fella I knew named Arthur showed me a big blue book he had and I decided to take a look at it. To my amazement, as I started reading, I was immediately impressed by the word structuring of each sentence - like nothing I had ever seen before, so crisp and precise in it's use of the english language. As I read the pages began to turn to a glowing yellow light that seemed to be feeing my soul like mana descending from heaven. Soon I could no longer make out the words as the light was so intense. I was stunned, delighted, and moved like never before. In that moment I knew God had sent me the answer to my prayers.
Now, many years later, I still find The Urantia Book to be a endless fountain of truth, beauty and goodness. I never did see it as an anti-Bible or any such thing. I see it more as a continuation of what the Bible has given us just like the writings found in the new testament added new truths to the old testament records.
How unfortunate that professed Christians would lower their standards and attack those that would simply offer something new for consideration to this list of presumed truth seekers. As the Jewish leaders attacked the Master for bringing us new light, so do otherwise good Christian brethren attack carriers of new truth on this list. This reprehensible behavior is un-Jesusonian and I hope to hear more positive comments and questions rather than thoughtless attacks.
After all, none of us is perfect. We are each just endeavoring to find our way on this sometimes confusing planet. Let's do naught to hinder another's journey toward truth, but rather seek ways to help one another as the Master taught us to do.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Letsargue is a good candidate for the Urantia cult! After all, the only qualifications
are, you have to be ignorant, and not in your right mind! A perfect fit!

Whats ironic is you choose to be willfully ignorant of the papers your criticize, and spout a lot of hyperbole. You're also ignorant of what a 'cult' is, and your use of the word 'cultist'.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
accusations............

accusations............

Because, you are BLIND!

No one is as blind and the accuser of the brethren.

tomahuman's testimony was wonderful, speaking of the cherished ideals of beauty, truth and goodness. Why cant you appreciate these principles and values? Because you are blinded by your own false assumptions, bigotry and ignorance.

pj

journey

tomahuman's testimony was wonderful, speaking of the cherished ideals of beauty, truth and goodness. Why cant you appreciate these principles and values? Because you are blinded by your own false assumptions, bigotry and ignorance.

pj

The urantia cult is just that - a false cult. It has nothing to do with the true and living God, the Holy Bible, or Christianity. The urantia cult are NOT members of the Church which is the Body of Christ, so they are NOT brethren of Christians. The urantia papers are a fiction fantasy - much like a comic book. It's especially vile that the urantia folks took many ideas from the Holy Bible and have tried to package the urantia papers as a religion. But, they twisted that stolen material to suit their desires. The true and living God is NOT portrayed in the urantia papers. In other words, the urantia papers are a con game of the worst kind. The urantia papers are fiction, and that's how it should be marketed - as FICTION.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

I'm starting to lose my, respect that I never had for you!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The urantia cult is just that - a false cult. It has nothing to do with the true and living God, the Holy Bible, or Christianity. The urantia cult are NOT members of the Church which is the Body of Christ, so they are NOT brethren of Christians. The urantia papers are a fiction fantasy - much like a comic book. It's especially vile that the urantia folks took many ideas from the Holy Bible and have tried to package the urantia papers as a religion. But, they twisted that stolen material to suit their desires. The true and living God is NOT portrayed in the urantia papers. In other words, the urantia papers are a con game of the worst kind. The urantia papers are fiction, and that's how it should be marketed - as FICTION.

Prove your claims above. Provide the evidence.

See here.

pj