BROTHERHOOD OF THE URANTIA FANATICS!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
freelight,

You just don't get it. Nobody is interested in this hocus pokus baloney except you and a couple of your buds. It's funny that you think folks are anxiously awaiting your next post. Some folks read your stuff because it's weird or funny.

He is more interested in the present than anyone I've seen here. He pays attention the the present. Live, living. Most here has no idea what "Living God" means. Living means life.

Why does God appear dead to you?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
space and time............

space and time............

Over time while reading ancient Chinese documents, I've read that a master tells the student that if one describes Tao, then they don't know crap. Tao can't be discussed in everyday regular human language. Non-dualism seems to be saying the same thing.

Yes,....it is a recognizing of that which exists at the heart of all, yet includes the whole of all, the indivisible essence ever-present even in the apparent differentiation and diversification of appearances/objects. It is that which is prior to any concept of 'subject/object',...'observer/observed',...yet is the ground in which duality-perception appears.

There are parts in the Bible where one can't grasp God in the same way they grasps the Dao. Perhaps you can show us a link to understand nondualism at first grade level.

A wonderful adventure there, perhaps for another thread or discussion project. The Urantia papers would have some insights in to this as well, since it expounds on the nature of God and His relations with all else, and all others. We also have to note here how there are 'personal' and 'non-personal' aspects of Deity, and how these might factor into the 'flow' and 'conductivity' of life.

Existence itself, as we know it, within its own awareness, is a conscious light intrinsic to the source and essence of its own 'being', so on this most primal native level of 'being',...it is Self-evident, Self-authenticating, all-luminous.

From what I've seen here on TOL, most tried to treat God as an object and rearrange Him at different places.

Along those lines, the 'objectification' of 'God' is a subtle form of 'idolatry'....since 'God' is the divine Subject as the all-pervading consciousness thru-out.

Some think God isn't with them as well as with others, including the bad people. When I see a leaf tumble, I view God is there at every leaf toss and tumbles.

If we accept the omnipresence of 'God', it could not be possible for any-one or any-thing to be separate from 'God'. Nothing exists independent of God.

Would you say God is the same as time, the absolute present?

Wonderful inquiry. God is timeless, yet present in all time.

See my blog-portal on space/time here. (the first 3 thread-links cover a lot, while a later thread on 'God and Time' is no longer extant).

God in his purest nature is absolute, ...this 'absoluteness' ever-being. Any space-time creation arising as modifications of the original light, will be 'relative' and 'conditioned' by such distortions or refractions of relativity in the world of forms and appearances. (enter the 'maya' of conditional existence).

I don't see the past or the future exists even though I feel like I'm always living in the past while my mind isn't speedy enough to spot the present.

There is only ever the present. The 'past' appears as a thought-reflection or 'memory' to the mind, an impression of an earlier image, feeling, visual or experience. But 'earlier' or some 'previous' impressions are related in the present. Anything and everything is perceived or known in the present, whether remembered from a seeming past, or projected into a future time. Now is all there is, no matter what 'relations' or 'perceptions' arise, from any point in space.

Breath observation seems to be the only tool to toy with the present.

A good practice helpful in some meditation techniques.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Total availability of God

Total availability of God

Total depravity means man doesn't have the abilty to see God, Tao or nondaulity.

Total depravity is a heinous concept denying a lot of things inherently provided by God and Nature ;)

pj

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Total depravity is a heinous concept denying a lot of things inherently provided by God and Nature ;)

pj

I really like tracing the source of my single thoughts. But I find empty. I can't get to the source due to it taking time to process that thought The bottom of my unconsciousness has to fall out hearing deafening thunders and then I get the ah ha moment. Reading everything on TOL is the opposite of undo. The more undo, the closer I get to the source of my thoughts. Total depravity is the closest Christian term that we can't reach this source just like we can't grasp the Tao or God. If I do reach the source, I'll be face to face with God or a nuke going off in my face. Daniel never burned under this bright light. Instant miracles in course of miracles is like denying everything exists. Same as undo or empty the mind. To much noise here and in my life to reach deeper so I'm not able even though I can. I'm depraved. I guess thats what naturally, sinfully like.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I really like tracing the source of my single thoughts. But I find empty. I can't get to the source due to it taking time to process that thought The bottom of my unconsciousness has to fall out hearing deafening thunders and then I get the ah ha moment. Reading everything on TOL is the opposite of undo. The more undo, the closer I get to the source of my thoughts. Total depravity is the closest Christian term that we can't reach this source just like we can't grasp the Tao or God. If I do reach the source, I'll be face to face with God or a nuke going off in my face. Daniel never burned under this bright light. Instant miracles in course of miracles is like denying everything exists. Same as undo or empty the mind. To much noise here and in my life to reach deeper so I'm not able even though I can. I'm depraved. I guess thats what naturally, sinfully like.

A lot there to sift thru :)

I've never taken to the total depravity concept, at least as assumed within Calvinism. If we look at it from an expanded view as you touch upon, it bears a different tone. However, 'inability' to see, touch, taste, know the divine completes shuts one off from 'God', while in reality it is impossible to even 'be' without God. At this point, you'll have to hone your thoughts as you will, as what is 'knowable' and 'unknowable' appear to co-exist simultaneously. There is also the 'timeless' and 'time' simultaneously present. Even more wonderful, add 'omnipresence' to the mix, and what have you? Something perhaps that outshines all theological concepts and assumptions.

pj

journey

He is more interested in the present than anyone I've seen here. He pays attention the the present. Live, living. Most here has no idea what "Living God" means. Living means life.

Why does God appear dead to you?

Huh? Why are you making up things that I didn't say?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

I've never taken to the total depravity concept, at least as assumed within Calvinism. If we look at it from an expanded view as you touch upon, it bears a different tone. However, 'inability' to see, touch, taste, know the divine completes shuts one off from 'God', while in reality it is impossible to even 'be' without God. At this point, you'll have to hone your thoughts as you will, as what is 'knowable' and 'unknowable' appear to co-exist simultaneously. There is also the 'timeless' and 'time' simultaneously present. Even more wonderful, add 'omnipresence' to the mix, and what have you? Something perhaps that outshines all theological concepts and assumptions.

pj
I'll think of God with me instead of inability to see God. With everything I know, I ended up believing I am God's puppet and He controls my strings while arminianism claim far more free will apart from God. I think I'm a mirrored version or a reflection of something else. I think the inabilty part is before God takes control of my life probably at birth.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Huh? Why are you making up things that I didn't say?

Oh, sorry, I thought you said, "You just don't get it. Nobody is interested in this hocus pokus baloney except you and a couple of your buds. It's funny that you think folks are anxiously awaiting your next post. Some folks read your stuff because it's weird or funny."

my bad.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
........Most of GM's rants about the Urantia Papers are unfounded and built on ignorance and presumption..........

I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know this: The Urantia Papers are stupid and moronic, and anyone who gives them any credence is an imbecile.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

pj

Blah blah blah More of the same from our resident "Cultist!!"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes,....it is a recognizing of that which exists at the heart of all, yet includes the whole of all, the indivisible essence ever-present even in the apparent differentiation and diversification of appearances/objects. It is that which is prior to any concept of 'subject/object',...'observer/observed',...yet is the ground in which duality-perception appears.

A wonderful adventure there, perhaps for another thread or discussion project. The Urantia papers would have some insights in to this as well, since it expounds on the nature of God and His relations with all else, and all others. We also have to note here how there are 'personal' and 'non-personal' aspects of Deity, and how these might factor into the 'flow' and 'conductivity' of life.

Existence itself, as we know it, within its own awareness, is a conscious light intrinsic to the source and essence of its own 'being', so on this most primal native level of 'being',...it is Self-evident, Self-authenticating, all-luminous.

Along those lines, the 'objectification' of 'God' is a subtle form of 'idolatry'....since 'God' is the divine Subject as the all-pervading consciousness thru-out.

If we accept the omnipresence of 'God', it could not be possible for any-one or any-thing to be separate from 'God'. Nothing exists independent of God.

Wonderful inquiry. God is timeless, yet present in all time.

See my blog-portal on space/time here. (the first 3 thread-links cover a lot, while a later thread on 'God and Time' is no longer extant).

God in his purest nature is absolute, ...this 'absoluteness' ever-being. Any space-time creation arising as modifications of the original light, will be 'relative' and 'conditioned' by such distortions or refractions of relativity in the world of forms and appearances. (enter the 'maya' of conditional existence).

There is only ever the present. The 'past' appears as a thought-reflection or 'memory' to the mind, an impression of an earlier image, feeling, visual or experience. But 'earlier' or some 'previous' impressions are related in the present. Anything and everything is perceived or known in the present, whether remembered from a seeming past, or projected into a future time. Now is all there is, no matter what 'relations' or 'perceptions' arise, from any point in space.

A good practice helpful in some meditation techniques.

pj

You write pretty but, what you write is fantasy and wishful thinking!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know this: The Urantia Papers are stupid and moronic, and anyone who gives them any credence is an imbecile.

I just downloaded the free Urantia book app. Years ago, I paid for a 3 inch think Urantia book. I've read the first quarter of the book. I'm surprised how different it is from our common way of thinking. I never claimed it stupid. I think you have to understand it before you call it stupid. I'm a long way from understanding it. It's loaded with stuff I need to learn to understand other pages.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I just downloaded the free Urantia book app. Years ago, I paid for a 3 inch think Urantia book. I've read the first quarter of the book. I'm surprised how different it is from our common way of thinking. I never claimed it stupid. I think you have to understand it before you call it stupid. I'm a long way from understanding it. It's loaded with stuff I need to learn to understand other pages.

Well, Mein Kampf was not "stupid" either, in the sense that the man who wrote it was actually intelligent. But it was stupid in the sense that it was all just so insanely ridiculous.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Why not join them then? You get a free UFO ride! And, a years subscription to,
"My friends the little green men!"

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Well, Mein Kampf was not "stupid" either, in the sense that the man who wrote it was actually intelligent. But it was stupid in the sense that it was all just so insanely ridiculous.

I don't understand albert einstein's writings either.

Maybe he is stupid too.

einstein.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Intellectual honesty............

Intellectual honesty............

Hello CC :)

Some questions for you, since I noticed you only quoted the first sentence of my 'charter-post' to GM. Did you read my full address here? - it has some very important links, as far introduction to the papers, and to conservative Christians (those within your traditional Christian paradigm) as well. These are highly recommended if interested to understand what the UB is all about, but also if you haven't even read the first 10 or 12 papers, (index here) for starters, you cant really judge the work, since these are the most essential fundamental papers on the very nature of God, his relationship to the universe, souls, and the relationship between the divine personalties that make up the Paradise Trinity.

So before you say the papers (judging them as a whole) are 'stupid' AND 'moronic' (of all things)...you'll have to prove your claim with evidence. Since you're making a remarkable claim, I challenge you to read the first 10 papers (even the first 5 for heaven's sake), and show specifically in the commentaries what is both 'stupid' and 'moronic'. The challenge has been laid forth, IF you want to educate yourself in the process and provide evidence for your 'charge'. It will take courage on your part, because you may have to face possibly recanting your 'assumption' and admitting you were 'hasty' and 'misinformed'. Is your value and desire for 'truth' authentic enough to be willing to dismiss and let go of previous 'assumptions' and religious beliefs (conclusions) IF you discover you were wrong? Lets be intellectually honest here.

One can also access our charter-thread on the UB here (with new OP format). Again,....provide your evidence, and I'm specifically in this case pin-pointing the first 10 -12 papers which are fundamental since they describe the Creator, the Creation, all relationships therein, while paper 11 & 12 covers the 'Isle of Paradise' at the center of all things, and the 7 superuniverses that revolve around Paradise. This is basically the 'nucleus' of the theology and cosmology revealed in the papers, all things spring from this within this greater cosmic-context, culminating in the bestowal of Jesus and his teachings in Part 4. If you can objectively read with an open mind to understand and discern any truth or correlating principles and concepts (in its consistency), you will do well to actually engage in an intelligence discussion on the material (the actual content). I would also recommend continuing this 'challenge and dialogue' in the Urantia Revelation thread, NOT this mock thread by GM, if you want to take up my challenge. - this post can be linked to in that other thread.

Your remark about being an 'embicile' is also remarkable,....since many intelligent spiritually minded persons find the papers to be an inspiring, comprehensive and most consistent presentation of religious teaching, values, meanings and principles on a very broad level covering almost every school of knowledge. Again,....we judge a book not by its cover (its image, appearance, false assumptions or surface-conceptions) but by its actual content,...the ideas, ideals, concepts, principles, values, ethics it expounds.

~*~*~

Consideration of Criticisms of the Urantia Book

Is the UB a hoax?

~*~*~

We live in a wonderful information Age, so people educating themselves on religious subjects and controversies goes along way in enlightening not only individuals but communities, and ultimately the globe.

pj