Beloved57 are you sure you’re chosen?

glorydaz

This is required of Israel. It is NOT required of the body of Christ.
Simple. Don't let any slick talker convince you otherwise.

Matt. 10:
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

When one doesn't rightly divide, he ends up putting these requirements on the body of Christ. That is error.

The remnant (Peter etc.) knew this and preached it. Unbelieving Israel refused to confess Jesus as Lord.
The remnant knew Jesus was raised from the dead to sit on David's throne.

That is not the gospel Paul preached. That is the Kingdom gospel.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... The remnant knew Jesus was raised from the dead to sit on David's throne. ...
Where is this part in the Old Testament prophecies? That Jesus would die and be raised from the dead to sit on David's throne? I'm assuming it is prophecy since it can't be mystery, right?

glorydaz

Where is this part in the Old Testament prophecies? That Jesus would die and be raised from the dead to sit on David's throne? I'm assuming it is prophecy since it can't be mystery, right?
Good question. Peter makes the claim in Acts 2

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne. 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

We should look those up.

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Last edited:

Idolater

Good question. Peter makes the claim in Acts 2

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne. 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

We should look those up.

Psalm 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
So this means the Resurrection (of Christ) is not mystery, but is prophecy, correct?

The mystery is that the death of Christ is sacrificial? The mystery is that Christ's sacrificial death would atone for not only the sins of the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but atone for the sins of all the Gentiles too?

glorydaz

So this means the Resurrection (of Christ) is not mystery, but is prophecy, correct?

The mystery is that the death of Christ is sacrificial? The mystery is that Christ's sacrificial death would atone for not only the sins of the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, but atone for the sins of all the Gentiles too?
Hmmm...I wouldn't say Christ's sacrificial death was a part of Paul's mystery gospel, nor that God would include the gentiles. That had all been prophesied. Even justification by faith is found in the OT through Abraham.

The only difference I can see is that our faith is in the Cross and Peter's faith was in Jesus Christ as the Messiah, Son of God.

Romans 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

• Matthew 26:28
    For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

• Hebrews 9:28
    So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Here we see the same "propitiation" that Paul is talking about. So, I would say none of this is a part of Paul's mystery gospel.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Ah, so you're admitting that Paul was speaking about Israel in chapters 9-11.
For the seven hundredth time, I've NEVER DENIED IT!!!!

Who am I even talking too here?

Don't you dare claim you've been saying that all along.
The entire freaking thread is right here for the whole dad-gum world to read, glorydaz!

You claimed that the body of Christ had to confess with their mouth in order to be saved, which is not true.
So says Paul..

Romans 10: 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

How long will it take you to admit you're adding the works the Kingdom believers were required to perform (confessing their Messiah) onto the backs of the body of Christ. Wiggle and squirm if you need to, but you need to take that confessing off your list for grace believers.
I'm adding nothing. I believe the gospel according to the Apostle Paul. It is you who are trying to turn verbal confession of faith into a work of the flesh. Paul teaches otherwise. I believe Paul, not you.

Kingdom believers are the remnant of Israel. They are not the body of Christ.
Yeah, no kidding.

There is distinction between Israel and the body. If you don't figure that out, then you'll continue to promote this error you've been preaching.
You're arguing against your own stated position! If Romans 10:10 is for Kingdom believers and not the Body of Christ, then how is it that Paul says that there is no distinction between Jew and Greek just two sentences after verse 10? You don't get to have it both ways!

How many times will that point be made with NO response whatsoever?

Clete

Last edited:

glorydaz

No, Romans 10:9-10 is the gospel according to Paul. It took him eight and half chapters to build up to it and so it's a mistake not to understand it in its fleshed out fullness but one thing is for certain, it was not being taught to people who has already trusted Christ before Israel was cut off (a.k.a. Kingdom believers). Those folks were being minsitered to and taught by Peter, James and John, not Paul. (Galatians 2:7-9).

Clete
This has been your claim, but you can find no support for it in any of his letters.
Instead you take it out of the middle of prophecy concerning Israel.

For the seven hundredth time, I've NEVER DENIED IT!!!!

Who am I even talking too here?

The entire freaking thread is right here for the whole dad-gum world to read, glorydaz!

Yes, and you should take the time to read it. You can't be reading the scripture I've given and still fail to see that Paul is talking about Israel in all three chapters. In the same way, he was addressing Jews in chapter 2. Paul does this same thing throughout, which is why you need to be careful.

17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
So says Paul..

Romans 10: 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I'm adding nothing. I believe the gospel according to the Apostle Paul. It is you who are trying to turn verbal confession of faith into a work of the flesh. Paul teaches otherwise. I believe Paul, not you.

Yeah, no kidding.

You're arguing against your own stated position! If Romans 10:10 is for Kingdom believers and not the Body of Christ, then how is it that Paul says that there is no distinction between Jew and Greek just two sentences after verse 10? You don't get to have it both ways!

How many times will that point be made with NO response whatsoever?

Clete
Paul says there is no distinction between Jew and Greek in the same way as Romans 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Verbal confession of the faith is NOT required of the gentiles. IN FACT, Paul makes it very clear in his gospel that salvation is by grace through faith....not of ourselves. No verbal confession (which was required of the Jews all throughout their history) can be ADDED on as a requirement to Paul's gospel.

Peter confessed Jesus was the Christ. All the kingdom believers confessed Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus made it clear the Jews were required to confess HIM before men. That means it had to be a verbal confession.

Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

John 9:22
These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

• 2 Chronicles 6:24
    And if thy people Israel be put to the worse before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee; and shall return and confess thy name, and pray and make supplication before thee in this house;

• 2 Chronicles 6:26
    When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them;
It was unbelieving Israel that failed to confess Jesus as Lord, and it was believing Israel that confessed His name.

If you can't hear this by now, Clete, then you should ask yourself why Paul never adds confession of His name to his preaching of the gospel of grace. Picking a verse from the middle of Paul's treatise on Israel and their failure to recognize their Messiah when he came is preaching another gospel. Exactly what Paul was talking about in Galatians.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This has been your claim, but you can find no support for it in any of his letters.
Instead you take it out of the middle of prophecy concerning Israel.
That's the stupidest thing ever. Romans is one of his letters.

What there's no support for is thinking that chapters 9-11 don't go with the rest of the book of Romans.
Paul says there is no distinction between Jew and Greek in the same way as Romans 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
So what?

He said it exactly two sentences after you claim he just made a distinction!

Did he change the subject inside the same paragraph or are you forcing it to say something other than what it plainly says?

Verbal confession of the faith is NOT required of the gentiles.
So says you!

The Holy Spirit Himself inspired Paul to say otherwise...

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

IN FACT, Paul makes it very clear in his gospel that salvation is by grace through faith....not of ourselves. No verbal confession (which was required of the Jews all throughout their history) can be ADDED on as a requirement to Paul's gospel.
The fact that it was required of Jews in the past is irrelevant. Faith was also required of the Jews. You can try as you might to turn verbal confession into some sort of work of the flesh (i.e. law) but I'm not buying it for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Peter confessed Jesus was the Christ. All the kingdom believers confessed Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus made it clear the Jews were required to confess HIM before men. That means it had to be a verbal confession.

Luke 12:8
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

John 9:22
These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

• 2 Chronicles 6:24
    And if thy people Israel be put to the worse before the enemy, because they have sinned against thee; and shall return and confess thy name, and pray and make supplication before thee in this house;

• 2 Chronicles 6:26
    When the heaven is shut up, and there is no rain, because they have sinned against thee; yet if they pray toward this place, and confess thy name, and turn from their sin, when thou dost afflict them;
It was unbelieving Israel that failed to confess Jesus as Lord, and it was believing Israel that confessed His name.
Repeating yourself does nothing to rebut what I've already said in response to this. It simply is not relevant to the question. I could quote you a list of verses that teach faith was required of the Jew as well. Would you take that as proof that faith is a work and that it therefore doesn't apply to the Body of Christ?

If you can't hear this by now, Clete, then you should ask yourself why Paul never adds confession of His name to his preaching of the gospel of grace.
Romans 10: 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Picking a verse from the middle of Paul's treatise on Israel and their failure to recognize their Messiah when he came is preaching another gospel. Exactly what Paul was talking about in Galatians.
Saying it does NOT make it so, glorydaz!

Clete

Idolater

Acts 13:38 " Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

glorydaz

That's the stupidest thing ever. Romans is one of his letters.

What there's no support for is thinking that chapters 9-11 don't go with the rest of the book of Romans.

So what?

He said it exactly two sentences after you claim he just made a distinction!

Did he change the subject inside the same paragraph or are you forcing it to say something other than what it plainly says?

So says you!

The Holy Spirit Himself inspired Paul to say otherwise...

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

The fact that it was required of Jews in the past is irrelevant. Faith was also required of the Jews. You can try as you might to turn verbal confession into some sort of work of the flesh (i.e. law) but I'm not buying it for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Repeating yourself does nothing to rebut what I've already said in response to this. It simply is not relevant to the question. I could quote you a list of verses that teach faith was required of the Jew as well. Would you take that as proof that faith is a work and that it therefore doesn't apply to the Body of Christ?

Romans 10: 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Saying it does NOT make it so, glorydaz!

Clete
So, you've decided it's fine to add to Paul's gospel of grace that which Jesus, in the flesh, required of the Jews.

The fact that you find it in the middle of Paul's treatise on Israel, doesn't slow you down one bit.
Paul said we are to know Jesus no more in the flesh, but you grab onto this "confess with your mouth" direction and slap it on to Paul's gospel. That is error, plain and simple.

Might as well add repent and be baptized on there, too. What a shame. And all those who agree with you should be ashamed as well.

glorydaz

So instead of merely believing that Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead, we must confess with our mouth in order to be saved?

Clearly we are not saved by faith alone. Very interesting!

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Surely Paul makes this clear somewhere else.

Perhaps here....

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

No? Perhaps here....

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Oh, that's right. It's here.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
So, you've decided it's fine to add to Paul's gospel of grace that which Jesus, in the flesh, required of the Jews.
I've added nothing. "Adding" is your accusation which you have failed to establish. Pretending like it's true doesn't count as an argument.

The fact that you find it in the middle of Paul's treatise on Israel, doesn't slow you down one bit.
For reasons explained multiple times already in response to this exact endlessly repeated statement.

Paul said we are to know Jesus no more in the flesh, but you grab onto this "confess with your mouth" direction and slap it on to Paul's gospel. That is error, plain and simple.
Repeating the same accusation over and over and over again does precisely nothing to overcome the arguments made against this silly nonsense that very nearly no one in all of Christiandom would even take seriously, never mind actually believe.

Might as well add repent and be baptized on there, too. What a shame. And all those who agree with you should be ashamed as well.

Show me where Paul ever taught that such is required and I will without hesitation.

So instead of merely believing that Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead, we must confess with our mouth in order to be saved?

Clearly we are not saved by faith alone. Very interesting!
You're the only one here who thinks there's a conflict between the two. Your claim is that verbal confession is some sort of work of the flesh which you have failed to establish because the bible does not teach it. Your entire objection is little more than an over reaction to Paul's clear teaching that it is with the mouth that confession is made unto salvation for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.

Imagine if Adam, when confronted with eating the Fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, turned away from it and cried out (verbally) to God for help. There would never have been any such thing as the law! The law IS the fruit of that Tree and if Adam had called upon the Lord in his time of temptation everything would have been different for everybody everywhere.

You didn't work for your husband's hand in marriage when you said "I do.", you didn't earn your Christmas gifts when you said, "Thank you." and you don't owe anything to your children when they say, "I love you." and by the same token, it is not any sort of legalism when you allow your faith to escape your lips. To think otherwise is to completely misunderstand not only the different between law and grace but what it means to have been created in the image of the Logos of God; the Creator Himself who spoke the universe into existence.

Clete

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm currently re-listening to Bob's Bible Study of Romans. I want to see what he said about this. I'll check back into this thread when I get to the point where he talks about 9-11.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ok, so from part 2 of the first volume, "Romans 01!07-15," Bob said this (around 42:20 or so):

"Now again, what is the core message of the gospel, if you boiled it down? What is the gospel that, without that message, it's not the gospel, it's something else? Well, 'believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.' That's the gospel. You can boil it down to that. If you don't have that in the message, it's not the gospel."

More to come...

Idolater

Ok, so from part 2 of the first volume, "Romans 01!07-15," Bob said this (around 42:20 or so):

"Now again, what is the core message of the gospel, if you boiled it down? What is the gospel that, without that message, it's not the gospel, it's something else? Well, 'believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.' That's the gospel. You can boil it down to that. If you don't have that in the message, it's not the gospel."

More to come...
Comports with 2nd Timothy 2:8 " Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel"

glorydaz

More to come...
Instead of searching out what Bob says, why don't you see where Paul is preaching confession with the mouth?

It should be somewhere. Like here:

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, YE CONFESSED WITH YOUR MOUTH, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, except your confess with your mouth: it is the gift of God:

1 Cor. 15:
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, and you confess with your mouth, unless ye have believed in vain.

Romans 4:
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; and confess His name with our mouth
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Surely you can find it somewhere in Paul's writings besides that portion of scripture that is describing the Jews in PROPHECY.... concerning their rise and fall. Surely you can find something in scripture that supports the mystery church repeating that which was required of Israel. :whistle:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Instead of searching out what Bob says, why don't you see where Paul is preaching confession with the mouth?

Simply because I find it easier to listen to a Bible study while I drive from someone who had 20+ more years of learning from God's word than I do/did.

Eph. 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, YE CONFESSED WITH YOUR MOUTH, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, except your confess with your mouth: it is the gift of God:

1 Cor. 15:
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, and you confess with your mouth, unless ye have believed in vain.

Romans 4:
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; and confess His name with our mouth
25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Surely you can find it somewhere in Paul's writings besides that portion of scripture that is describing the Jews in PROPHECY.... concerning their rise and fall. Surely you can find something in scripture that supports the mystery church repeating that which was required of Israel. :whistle:

Confessing with your mouth is an act of faith, not a work of the flesh.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

1 Cor. 15:

Romans 4:

You're making yourself look ridiculous. You should look up the term "Question begging".

glorydaz

Simply because I find it easier to listen to a Bible study while I drive from someone who had 20 more years of learning from God's word than I do/did.

Confessing with your mouth is an act of faith, not a work of the flesh.
Ah, well I listen to people who have been saved longer than that.

Confessing with your mouth is an act of the flesh which could speak of faith or could speak a lie.
Anyone can confess with their mouth....which you cannot deny.

The fact is, you have taken that confession of the mouth from the Kingdom gospel meant for the Jews.

Who was Jesus talking to when He came in the flesh?
What people were to confess Jesus as Lord?
Why?
To separate believing Israel from unbelieving Israel. Hear Peter.

Acts 2:
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 4:
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Acts 5:
40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

glorydaz

You're making yourself look ridiculous. You should look up the term "Question begging".
I don't mind looking ridiculous. 😇
I'm just trying to show you boys that Paul was NOT telling us we had to confess with our mouth.

I realize it's hard to toss out old Kingdom commands, but you really need to look at those prophecies Paul is quoting.
They were to confess that Jesus was their Messiah. This is really very simple. It was an absolute dividing line between unbelieving Israel and the remnant (believing Israel).

John 12:42
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: