Beloved57 are you sure you’re chosen?

Right Divider

Body part
He never called them booger-heads either.
Childish... the point remains that if we are "sheep", Paul would have said so.
Paul wrote Rom 8:36, right?..."As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter."
Jesus used very much figurative speech, especially in His parables.
We aren't actually "sheep", you know?
Read the VERY NEXT VERSE and stop cherry-picking.

Rom 8:37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Paul ways NO we are NOT sheep.
No, he didn't, but I can't recall Paul ever using parables either.
Non-sequitur.
As only HIS sheep will follow Him, the sheep of Jesus' parables are everyone who follows Him, regardless of national heritage.
Don't you follow Him?
Not in the wrong way like you're trying to do.

Hoping

Banned
Childish... the point remains that if we are "sheep", Paul would have said so.
Why would we need a man's affirmation of anything the Lord spoke?
Read the VERY NEXT VERSE and stop cherry-picking.
Rom 8:37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Paul ways NO we are NOT sheep.
Paul wasn't trying to hide who Jesus was, like Jesus was.
Jesus used many similes, while Paul is teaching doctrines.
Non-sequitur.
Translated..."can't figure it out".
Not in the wrong way like you're trying to do.
But you do follow Jesus...right?

Right Divider

Body part
Why would we need a man's affirmation of anything the Lord spoke?
The entire Bible is GOD'S WORD.
Paul wasn't trying to hide who Jesus was, like Jesus was.
Irrelevant again.
Jesus used many similes, while Paul is teaching doctrines.
🤪
Translated..."can't figure it out".
You are very ignorant.
But you do follow Jesus...right?
Not as a Jew in the flesh, like you are.

2Cor 5:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.

Hoping

Banned
The entire Bible is GOD'S WORD.
Amen to that, and useful to all.
Not as a Jew in the flesh, like you are.
Well, thanks be to God, my flesh was crucified with Christ at my water baptism into Him and into His death. (Rom 6;6, Gal 5:24)
I walk in the Spirit.
2Cor 5:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.
Glory be, to the chief Shepherd.

glorydaz

Well as a believer that the kingdom has come,
You'd be presumptuous and mistaken, as Jesus makes clear. The KINGDOM on earth was postponed because Israel rejected their King when He came.

Acts 1:
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Yet, it's clear throughout scripture that it will come, and Paul explains this mystery of when the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

glorydaz

Has what you understand allowed you to live without sinning?
That which I understand has.
You're lying and lying is a sin. :p
You forget, we are Bible scholars and we know what the Bible says.

The fact that your sin (if you're saved) is no longer accounted to you is not the same as your "not sinning".
This is kindergarten material.

We are to reckon ourselves dead to sin, which means we realize sin no longer has dominion over us.
It does not mean we no longer have faults or do things we shouldn't do.
It's time for you to move on to the deeper things of God.
Such as understanding what it takes for us to be saved today.
You still don't know what that is.

Hoping

Banned
You'd be presumptuous and mistaken, as Jesus makes clear. The KINGDOM on earth was postponed because Israel rejected their King when He came.

Acts 1:
6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Yet, it's clear throughout scripture that it will come, and Paul explains this mystery of when the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
I guess we are writing about different manifestations of the kingdom.
You seem to be looking physically for thrones and orbs, while I am looing spiritually at what is in the heart.
It is written..."And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21)
Thanks be to God for such assurance.

Hoping

Banned
You're lying and lying is a sin. :p
You forget, we are Bible scholars and we know what the Bible says.
I'm not lying, and you don't know enough to keep from sinning, it seems.
The fact that your sin (if you're saved) is no longer accounted to you is not the same as your "not sinning".
This is kindergarten material.
If that weren't so sad...
Every sin a man does, he will be held accountable for, and what will happen to the sinners and unbelievers?
Judgement will begin at the house of God, and as Peter said..."For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Peter 4:17-18)
Someone has hornswoggled you into the acceptance of sin as normal behavior for those using the name of Christ as their identity.
Can that idea possible be of God?
NO.
We are to reckon ourselves dead to sin, which means we realize sin no longer has dominion over us.
Accommodation for sin makes nobody a saint.
Sin doesn't have dominion over us because we don't give-in to temptation after our old man has been killed and we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)
It does not mean we no longer have faults or do things we shouldn't do.
If those "faults and things" are sinful, it is evidence you don't believe what is written in the bible.
It's time for you to move on to the deeper things of God.
Such as understanding what it takes for us to be saved today.
You still don't know what that is.
I know that those who don't endure faithfully until the end will not find their names written in the book of life.
I know that Jesus said..."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matt 7:21)
I know that..."Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust." (1 Tim 1:9-11)
I know that..."Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:9-10)

How come the "deeper things" have not made you free from sin?
Why are you still manifesting a walk in the flesh instead of in the Spirit?

glorydaz

I guess we are writing about different manifestations of the kingdom.
You seem to be looking physically for thrones and orbs, while I am looing spiritually at what is in the heart.
It is written..."And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." (Luke 17:20-21)
Thanks be to God for such assurance.
Jesus was talking to the Jews.
That's probably why you don't understand what He's saying to the Pharisees and His apostles.
Whenever you rob things that are not meant for you, you prove yourself a babe....in need of milk.

Hoping

Banned
Jesus was talking to the Jews.
That's probably why you don't understand what He's saying to the Pharisees and His apostles.
Whenever you rob things that are not meant for you, you prove yourself a babe....in need of milk.
He was talking to all of us who love God with all our might.
Doesn't that include you?

glorydaz

I'm not lying, and you don't know enough to keep from sinning, it seems.

If that weren't so sad...
Every sin a man does, he will be held accountable for, and what will happen to the sinners and unbelievers?
Judgement will begin at the house of God, and as Peter said..."For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?" (1 Peter 4:17-18)
Someone has hornswoggled you into the acceptance of sin as normal behavior for those using the name of Christ as their identity.
Can that idea possible be of God?
NO.

Accommodation for sin makes nobody a saint.
Sin doesn't have dominion over us because we don't give-in to temptation after our old man has been killed and we are raised with Christ to walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:3-7)

If those "faults and things" are sinful, it is evidence you don't believe what is written in the bible.

I know that those who don't endure faithfully until the end will not find their names written in the book of life.
I know that Jesus said..."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." (Matt 7:21)
I know that..."Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust." (1 Tim 1:9-11)
I know that..."Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor 6:9-10)

How come the "deeper things" have not made you free from sin?
Why are you still manifesting a walk in the flesh instead of in the Spirit?
Mixing law and grace, which you do on a regular basis, is keeping you from receiving the free gift of salvation.

The fact is that Jesus paid the price for sin and you don't believe that. Sad indeed.

• Ephesians 1:7
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

• Colossians 1:14
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

glorydaz

He was talking to all of us who love God with all our might.
Doesn't that include you?
I think I'll believe Jesus rather than you.

You're calling our Lord a liar, and you don't blink an eye when you do so. :cool:

• Matthew 10:6
    But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• Matthew 15:24
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 10:5

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Hoping

Banned
Mixing law and grace, which you do on a regular basis, is keeping you from receiving the free gift of salvation.
I find that notion hard to grasp, as I am dead to the Law, just as Paul wrote in Rom 7:4-6..."Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter."
I really don't think one can "bring forth fruit unto God" with what may be deemed UNlawful acts.
Please don't confuse the acts of the "Law for salvation" that Paul fought against, like circumcision and dietary rules, with simple honesty, fidelity, and monogamy.
Circumcision and dietary guidelines will not profit a man spiritually, but honesty, charity, modesty, and chastity will swell the heart with grace.
They are the manifestations of our love for God.
Lying, adultery, and thievery certainly don't manifest that God in us.
The fact is that Jesus paid the price for sin and you don't believe that. Sad indeed.
  • Ephesians 1:7
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
  • Colossians 1:14
    In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
I believe it with all assuredness.
If I didn't, I never would have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins.
I never would have crucified the flesh and been raised from the dead, with Christ, to walk in newness of life.
I never would have received the gift of the Holy Ghost/Comforter.
And I never could have permanently turned from sin.

Has your "belief" compelled you to do any of the same?