Baltimore...a question of time

Quetzal

No, this is claimed to be about the young man who was harmed by police and people harming innocent people in the name of "justice"
To be fair, do you think this is all about that? I mean, don't get me wrong. It was the spark that set the place on fire. At the same time, I cannot help but to think this has been building for a very long time. Perhaps it was inevitable given the situation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
To be fair, do you think this is all about that? I mean, don't get me wrong. It was the spark that set the place on fire. At the same time, I cannot help but to think this has been building for a very long time. Perhaps it was inevitable given the situation.

To be fair, do you think harming innocent people evens anything?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, it isnt, we are talking about someone that was perhaps unjustly murdered and people claiming what they are doing is for justice, its the same exact thing.

Why would i not merit understanding? Are others better or worth more than i?

No, it's not. Your personal tragedy doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with what's going on in Baltimore. And so far the only fatality there is Freddy Gray himself.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, I don't. That also isn't what I was asking you. Can you please stay on topic.

There is no excuse for robbing, looting, burning, and beating innocent people and businesses.

Its not justified, its not understandable. Its not excusable. Period.

Those who are doing it are no better than what they complain about, they are JUST as bad.

Quetzal

There is no excuse for robbing, looting, burning, and beating innocent people and businesses.

Its not justified, its not understandable. Its not excusable. Period.

Those who are doing it are no better than what they complain about, they are JUST as bad.
Right, I agree. My question was do you think this is all about Freddy Gray? Or do you think this was the last straw of a much bigger issue?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...o far the only fatality there is Freddy Gray himself.
What is the Satanist's solution? :smokie:

"...Court papers describe a disabled mother addicted to heroin who, in a deposition, said she couldn’t read. The suit alleged that peeling paint from walls and windowsills contained enough lead to poison the children and render them incapable of leading functional lives.

In a report filed in court, one expert said that Gray was four grade levels behind in reading but that tests did not show a disability that would keep him from holding a job. He had enough skills to work as a mason, it concluded.

A court docket notes a settlement order in 2010, but the amount is undisclosed. Attorneys on both sides declined to comment.

Court records show Gray was arrested more than a dozen times, going back to when he was 18, mostly in Gilmor Homes and mostly on charges of selling or possessing heroin or marijuana. He had a handful of convictions, and his longest stint behind bars was about two years.

He had two pending drug cases when he died. In one, he was charged with a felony, accused of selling heroin by police who said they had witnessed hand-to-hand exchanges and found drugs in a small potato chip bag hidden in a drainpipe.

Last year, he faced a charge that could have put him away for several years, but prosecutors agreed not to pursue the case in exchange for Gray serving 100 hours of community service. His attorney said the police account that Gray was acting as a lookout for a heroin dealer did not match images caught on a surveillance video..." Friends and neighbors remember Freddie Gray: He ‘was our family’

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Right, I agree. My question was do you think this is all about Freddy Gray? Or do you think this was the last straw of a much bigger issue?

I think the looting and burning and thieving and robbing and beatings are perpetrated by thugs who would use anything as an excuse to act like animals. I think the ones doing it could care less about anyone except themselves.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I think the looting and burning and thieving and robbing and beatings are perpetrated by thugs who would use anything as an excuse to act like animals. I think the ones doing it could care less about anyone except themselves.

So you're absolutely convinced people who act out violently like some of the folks in Baltimore are without any justification.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So you're absolutely convinced people who act out violently like some of the folks in Baltimore are without any justification.

yes, loads of people suffer great injustices all the time, and they practice self control.

Please explain justification to loot and burn a CVS to the ground, to pull a small business owner from his store, beat him on the sidewalk and loot his store, and burn to the ground a 16 million dollar housing structure being built for the elderly in the community by a church to help the community.

elohiym

What is a justification for acting out violently like that? If you have something in mind, let's hear it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

When you jump up and down on a police car, loot stores and commit arson, you are always unjustified in those actions.

Surely that should be a no-brainer.

:think:

:idea:

That must be it.

:mock: :granite:

Granite

Hall of Fame
yes, loads of people suffer great injustices all the time, and they practice self control.

So in what situation would you consider violent protest justified? Or the use of force in general when it comes to resisting/protesting tyranny?

A case could be made that non-violence is useless as a tactic if it is no longer effective.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So in what situation would you consider violent protest justified? Or the use of force in general when it comes to tyranny?

When your life or property is in imminent danger.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So in what situation would you consider violent protest justified? Or the use of force in general when it comes to resisting/protesting tyranny?

A case could be made that non-violence is useless as a tactic if it is no longer effective.

When violence is being directed at you, at the time.

Did the CVS attack the people who robbed and burned it?

How about those police cars, did they attack someone?

And that senior building, it was looking pretty sinister right and needed to go...

Granite

Hall of Fame
When violence is being directed at you, at the time.

So only in self-defense. In other words, you'd oppose proactive tactics.

Did the CVS attack the people who robbed and burned it?

Not that I heard.

How about those police cars, did they attack someone?

A stronger case can be made that they did, indirectly--the Gray case isn't new or unique to Baltimore. What those vehicles represent is a sick, twisted, vicious, hateful, murderous institution that terrorizes the people it's supposed to protect. We have an endemic problem in this country with violent, unaccountable, out of control cops.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Make the case how it could be justified in this situation.

I'm not sure it is. But what I've said repeatedly is that the tactics are questionable while the reasons behind the fury are completely understandable.

Frankly I'm surprised we don't see more of this.