Appeal to the Moderators: TOL is for Dialogue? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

so quit putting words in my mouth.

Second of all, I clearly said: "Because they're good posters, and good people. Intelligent. Empathic. They aren't racists, they don't advocate bashing in women's faces, they don't find mass shootings hilarious, or think Mexicans are dumb. I could go on, but you get the point. Seriously."

You ignored that entirely. I wonder why.

So, the words coming out of your mouth about how good they are is not open for discussion, is it? And the words that there are those who "advocate bashing in women's faces" and those that "find mass shootings hilarious" are FACTS that can be proven, right?

Sure sounds like dialogue is being allowed, doesn't it? :rotfl:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Actually, for the lolz, I copy/pasted GlassJester's posting to cleverbot. This was the answer I got from cleverbot:

"I ate it."

Much better than what The Horn wrote. :p

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So, the words coming out of your mouth about how good they are is not open for discussion, is it? And the words that there are those who "advocate bashing in women's faces" and those that "find mass shootings hilarious" are FACTS that can be proven, right?

Sure sounds like dialogue is being allowed, doesn't it? :rotfl:

Speaking of bots...

WizardofOz

A while back, Cruciform received an infraction (resulting in his temporary ban) basically for spam. In my anger, I wrote a thread, not so much objecting to the moderator who administered the infraction, but in defense of the so-called "spam" that Cruciform writes.

The answer that the moderator who administered the infraction gave (nor should this thread, mind you, be seen as a protest against moderation; I offer my sincere respect and gratitude to the moderator in question, in general, for her service as a moderator), and one which I very much approve, was as follows:

TOL is for dialogue. Dialogue is what drives TOL.

I disagreed then, and I disagree now, that Cruciform's "spam" is anti-dialogue.

Nonetheless, there is a certain element on this website which is exceedingly anti-dialogue. These posters, in effect, are "hit and run" posters. Get in. Throw an insult. Put the ones who disagree with them on ignore. Continue mocking said person(s). And then abdicate the thread. All, of course, without engaging in dialogue in the least.

We see an extreme case of this with the Horn. I am, in fact, not fully convinced that he's even human. If he is human, I'm not convinced that he's not on somebody's dime, one of these "hit and run" propaganda people hired by political organizations. He certainly doesn't display any signs of actually reading the threads in which he posts.

But various other subscribers, in particular, many of those of the social liberal bent, certainly do not seem interested in dialogue. They seem interested in high-fiving each other and mocking, not dialoguing with those, who disagree with them.

Therefore, moderators, I issue this "challenge" in a spirit, not of defiance and disrespect, but of jovial encouragement:

Is TOL for dialogue or not?

Was Cruciform deserving of an infraction or not? And yet his "spam" at least reveals a willingness to engage with his opponents; he evidences at least the fact that he read what his opponents have said.

The liberals? Not so much.

Already refuted in post 148

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
trad - can you see any reason for anna to believe i'm jealous of these tards?

Of course.

Why wouldn't you be jealous of random strangers online? Especially the ones who don't really have much to say other than "Booooooo"? :plain:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. It doesn't. First of all, while several of them are friends of mine, some closer friends than others, I don't even know The Horn - and I don't agree with any of them on all things, so quit putting words in my mouth.

Second of all, I clearly said: "Because they're good posters, and good people. Intelligent. Empathic. They aren't racists, they don't advocate bashing in women's faces, they don't find mass shootings hilarious, or think Mexicans are dumb. I could go on, but you get the point. Seriously."

You ignored that entirely. I wonder why.

What this comes down to is Traditio's inability to deal with anyone who disagrees with his posts.

Apparently he is irate because I chose to put him and several others on ignore on the ADVICE of moderators.

"IF you don't like what they say, put them on ignore".

Done.

Dialogue does not consist of starting thread after thread to make PERSONAL jabs at other posters or sending multiple reports to the Woodshed.

What this comes down is the fact that Traditio and his mentor are upset because I refuse to play their game of "oh, she took the bait ... I'm telling!"

LIFETIME MEMBER. NON-VIOLATOR of TOL Rules.

Grow up.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
What this comes down to is Traditio's inability to deal with anyone who disagrees with his posts.

Apparently he is irate because I chose to put him and several others on ignore on the ADVICE of moderators.

"IF you don't like what they say, put them on ignore".

Done.

Dialogue does not consist of starting thread after thread to make PERSONAL jabs at other posters or sending multiple reports to the Woodshed.

What this comes down is the fact that Traditio and his mentor are upset because I refuse to play their game of "oh, she took the bait ... I'm telling!"

LIFETIME MEMBER. NON-VIOLATOR of TOL Rules.

Grow up.

Why is she posting in my thread? :plain:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I'll just get straight to the point.

Why are Rusha, The Horn and Zoo (and any other posters like them) still here?

Seriously. :plain:

A question I haven't bothered to ask because I already know why. It is, in fact, why you think it is :rolleyes:

Of course, I can't necessarily say all of them. I was surprised when one of the mods took our back over theirs. The evidence is in the fact that they were so shocked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.