Anybody else sick of the supposed race issue?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They won't "move on" until whitey takes his medicine....and that medicine is intended to be equally as bitter as slavery/racism tastes. Take that how you will.

A dr that gives medicine to someone who isnt sick would have his license yanked or better yet be jailed.

Nancy doesnt need medicine for what someone several generations removed from her did to someone who isnt alive today.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I have no problem with that, in principle. The problem is, you're going to just assume that any program that helps the poor furthers dependency.

That does seem to be a difficulty. How does one draw that line?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Still seems silly to say he "came to power" in 1964 when he was already in office. He was part of the JFK ticket in 1960. Especially when the inauguration wouldn't have been until 1965.

but he got the approval of the electorate in november 64, when he was acting president

rex said:
Any thoughts on the rest of it?

maybe later

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In hindsight I'm a rather large, "Meh" on that one. Killing Solo, the plot cheats and lame villain elevated by the easiest possible mechanism would have had me on the negative, but the ending saved it a little for me...just enough to get me back for the next installment.
No real complaints with those comments. And I'm not overly invested in the wider universe that was created but I know many are so I wish they would have stuck to it more.

On the screen or by cab? :plain:
Screen. :noid:

DiCaprio is someone whose work will always draw me in, as much as I don't care for what I know about him personally. A fine actor...I might root for the bear, but a fine actor.
No complaints about him, just don't care for the story.

:plain: No, I'd rather enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that, as with your regular season NFL watching, you're missing out on a remarkable portrayal of athleticism and achievement. :eek:
:sozo2:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So much for the pursuit of happiness, huh?

Children can't pursue their own happiness. Should a parent pursue their own at the expense of a child's?
I'm not jumping on board with everything ClimateSanity is saying but the idea that parents may need to put the welfare of their children before their own should be taken seriously. I tend to think there are a lot of parents that don't which can end up perpetuating the same problems and unhappiness.

rexlunae

Children can't pursue their own happiness. Should a parent pursue their own at the expense of a child's?

I just think it's a bit discordant to say at one moment that this country is founded on the pursuit of happiness, and then to place a whole bunch of unrealistic constraints on the form that can take.

ok doser

I just think it's a bit discordant to say at one moment that this country is founded on the pursuit of happiness...

what kind of a retard would say that this country was founded on the pursuit of happiness? :freak:

rexlunae

but he got the approval of the electorate in november 64, when he was acting president

A person who becomes President due to temporary disability of the President is an acting President. If the disability is permanent, such as by death in office, he's the full President.

Johnson didn't wait for the election to begin pushing his ideas. The Food Stamp Act was passed in August of 1964. And he announced the War on Poverty in January of 1964, ten months before the election.

maybe later

Give it some thought.

ok doser

Johnson didn't wait for the election to begin pushing his ideas. The Food Stamp Act was passed in August of 1964.

wiki said:
The Food Stamp Act (P.L. 88-525) provided permanent legislative authority to the Food Stamp Program, which had been administratively implemented on a pilot basis in 1962.

i believe kennedy was prez in 62

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's certainly not. But I think it's a little bit strange to impose a bunch of conditions, including some that are literally impossible.

define and be specific, of what conditions there are imposed on the right to pursuit something. (you might want to read the definition of the word, i dont think you understand its meaning)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Such as the list of demands CS had on how women should order their lives, to get right to the point of it.

Thankfully women HAVE the right to shrug off the demands of others and make decisions for themselves. That won't be changing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not jumping on board with everything ClimateSanity is saying but the idea that parents may need to put the welfare of their children before their own should be taken seriously. I tend to think there are a lot of parents that don't which can end up perpetuating the same problems and unhappiness.

A child's well being should always come first ... and in many cases, that means taking them out of an unhealthy and even dangerous living environment.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
A child's well being should always come first ... and in many cases, that means taking them out of an unhealthy and even dangerous living environment.

Sure. I didn't mean to imply that the child's welfare is always best served by staying in the relationship. But rex's comment was about the woman pursuing her own happiness which, when she has a child, may take the backseat. And the same goes for a father.

ok doser

Sure. I didn't mean to imply that the child's welfare is always best served by staying in the relationship. But rex's comment was about the woman pursuing her own happiness which, when she has a child, may take the backseat. And the same goes for a father.

i believe thehorn (or maybe purex) was making the argument that a woman's pursuit of happiness should trump an unborn child's right to life

Last edited: