Anybody else sick of the supposed race issue?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Blacks have the most reason to BE paranoid, since they have been the favorite target of enslavement from the dawn of time (easy to identify and all that). Why don't you try using logic for the first time in your life? Maybe you can find your way back to reality, with it, someday.

Jews have been oppressed for over five thousand years, and every race has encountered it's time of enslavement. There was white slavery while American slavery was going on, but because it's not actually about slavery- and rather about a pass to prejudice, nobody cares about that.

'Reality' is not being indebted to a people, who were never enslaved, because your dead ancestors may have been slavers. That is 'madness', and those such as yourself should be charged and incarcerated every time a white person is transgressed against by another with that mindset.

And
The only thing black people are paranoid of is themselves.
If I yelled this down the street, I'd be called racist, because society isn't living in 'reality'. Like you, it is 'madness' to say that a black man's worst fear is ANOTHER BLACK MAN.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sure. I didn't mean to imply that the child's welfare is always best served by staying in the relationship. But rex's comment was about the woman pursuing her own happiness which, when she has a child, may take the backseat. And the same goes for a father.

You didn't ... nor do I believe that Rex believes a parent should put their happiness above their child's. A child's living environment is only as healthy as that of his parent(s)/caregivers.

rexlunae

I don't think what he said is that severe.

Here's what he actually said:

Women should be careful whom they marry.

That's not severe? Seems pretty severe to me. You can't always recognize the jerks right away. But lets just blame the women by default. It's probably her fault.

I don't believe most marriages fit the above condition in the past. For some reason, people seemed to manage before divorce became easy.

So...divorce is bad because it let people out of marriages...

If there is physical abuse, there should be temporary prison time. The husband should return to the family with outside supervision.

...and even if there's physical abuse, there should be no getting out of it. And the family should be forced to have him back, albeit with "supervision". That's not severe?

If you are demanding all families follow a fairy tale of blissful happiness, you are asking too much.

Families that are happy are some kind of fairy tale? That's not severe?

Once children enter the picture, the two parents become parents first and a couple second, no matter how unromantic it may seem. The solution to an unhappy family is not divorce and single parenthood. It only makes a bad situation worse.

And that's why I reacted the way I did. Who decides what's best for the family? Is it the adults? No. Is it the kids? Not really. Who decides? He does. And he expects that parents will do as he wishes no matter how miserable it is. It's a recipe for misery.

His comments were mostly in the context of families.

I'm not sure how that helps him.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's what he actually said:

That's not severe? Seems pretty severe to me. You can't always recognize the jerks right away. But lets just blame the women by default. It's probably her fault.

...and even if there's physical abuse, there should be no getting out of it. And the family should be forced to have him back, albeit with "supervision". That's not severe?

And that's why I reacted the way I did. Who decides what's best for the family? Is it the adults? No. Is it the kids? Not really. Who decides? He does. And he expects that parents will do as he wishes no matter how miserable it is. It's a recipe for misery.

Exactly ... plus there are certain violations that, IMO, should never be tolerated in a marriage ... by either partner. It is not in the children's best interest to view one of his/her parents as a willing victim of domestic abuse or adultery. Acceptance by that parent tells the child that such behavior is what should be expected and repeated in their own relationships.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You think I've been kidnapped by women and have fallen in love with them?

:rotfl:

Well, all I can really say is that it's pretty clear that hasn't happened to you.

What gibberish is this :chuckle:

Stockholm's Syndrome- a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors

You liberals are the torch runners in this sport, I swear.

And
There's only one way to describe a person who sees being feminist minded as a necessity in 'getting a girl'.

See definition above :rotfl:

PureX

Jews have been oppressed for over five thousand years, and every race has encountered it's time of enslavement. There was white slavery while American slavery was going on, but because it's not actually about slavery- and rather about a pass to prejudice, nobody cares about that.
As far as we know, the Jews were never enslaved, anywhere, ever. (The biblical story in Exodus has never been corroborated, and is unlikely to be true as ancient Egypt did not use slaves.) White slavery has occurred on occasion, but very rarely in modern history. People with dark skin, however, have been enslaved in massive numbers and in very recent history. - A simple truth that you are trying very hard to deny because you are trying to justify the lies of bigots.
'Reality' is not being indebted to a people, who were never enslaved, because your dead ancestors may have been slavers. That is 'madness', and those such as yourself should be charged and incarcerated every time a white person is transgressed against by another with that mindset.
Madness is fretting and sputtering about a reparation issue that is not an issue in any reality in which we are living. No one is holding you responsible for slavery. We're only holding you responsible for your willful ignorance and subsequent dishonesty regarding the racial prejudice that exists, today, and that is doing harm to many of your fellow human beings.
The only thing black people are paranoid of is themselves.
If I yelled this down the street, I'd be called racist, because society isn't living in 'reality'. Like you, it is 'madness' to say that a black man's worst fear is ANOTHER BLACK MAN.
I think it's safe to say that black people know better what they are afraid of than you do. Especially when you practice willful ignorance on the scale that you do. But of course your willful ignorance is equaled by your arrogance, and so here you are, spouting off your nonsensical gibberish just the same.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
As far as we know, the Jews were never enslaved, anywhere, ever.

you, sir, are a retard

Eingangstor_des_KZ_Auschwitz,_Arbeit_macht_frei_%282007%29.jpg

also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylonian_captivity

purex said:
ancient Egypt did not use slaves.

:doh:

wiki said:
But in ancient Egypt, (David 1998 Pg. 91) 80% of the population were slaves or servants

purex said:
I think it's safe to say that black people know better what they are afraid of than you do.

are you black?

rexlunae

Hey, SOD, just wondering if you got a chance to check out my post, with some actual numbers and sources in it, since you were telling people that they should "educate themselves" with that Breitbart article. Maybe you'd like to do the same for yourself?

ok doser

Hey, SOD, just wondering if you got a chance to check out my post, with some actual numbers and sources in it, since you were telling people that they should "educate themselves" with that Breitbart article. Maybe you'd like to do the same for yourself?

i'll get to it , i'll get to it

multitasking at the moment - got terminator genysis streaming and trying to find illegal source pdf files for my textbooks :)

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I refuse to even have this discussion, as it's just rank annoyance dealing with people who find excuses for everything to justify their ridiculous, Stockholm ridden liberalism.

They have resorted to
-denying that Egypt ever had slaves
-minimize any other slavery (American slavery was actually mild in comparison)
-deny that blacks exclude themselves for any reason other than fearing other people (which is straight up nonsense, they are simply culturally different and, in some cases, prejudice themselves)
-etc. etc. etc. (I could go on, but a waste of time is a waste of time)

I'll be surprised if they even quote this entire post, and not just the first half and declare some bogus victory.
Because that's what it all is- a big farce masquerading as something other than just base discontent for REALITY :rolleyes:

ok doser

They have resorted to
-denying that Egypt ever had slaves
-minimize any other slavery (American slavery was actually mild in comparison)
-deny that blacks exclude themselves for any reason other than fearing other people (which is straight up nonsense, they are simply culturally different and, in some cases, prejudice themselves)
-etc. etc. etc. (I could go on, but a waste of time is a waste of time)

now, to be fair, most of that is purex and he's always been recognized around here as being, well....

special

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I said I wasn't on board with everything he said. This is part of it because of the emphasis on the woman while ignoring the man. It reminds me a bit of that misogynist group leader that satirically said we could lessen rape by legalizing it on private grounds because women would be more careful. Remove the ability for a single mother to survive and they'll be more careful.

But a couple things. First, the context was a woman because your initial hypothetical was a single mother on SNAP. Second, is this true: in most break-ups that involve children it is the mother that gets custody. If so, then the sad truth might be that women/mothers have more to think about, but it isn't simply because women need to make better choices.

'easy divorce'.

This was the other part I didn't like. 'Should' is too strong. And if there is abuse then I don't think staying would be better for the child either. I don't want to discount the possibility for genuine change though and CS might have been focusing on that.

'blissful'.

:idunno:

Because being in a family changes what the pursuit of happiness entails.

My impression is that you and him are putting emphasis on opposite sides of the spectrum. You picture completely miserable and/or abusive relationships where a woman is pressured to stay or unable to leave and he's picturing couples splitting up for minor things at the expense of their children (the abusive part of it notwithstanding). Neither is good.