Ann Coulter: There is no campus rape crisis

GFR7

Transparent. Decent choice. I probably would have used "obsessed," or maybe "driven by some intense, deep-rooted compulsion."

"Bewitched" might work.

I know: "Bedazzled."
Nope. None of the above. Just choosing to focus on gay marriage and gay agenda on TOL. I joined for this purpose, and also post on a Catholic forum about it. There are other forums I post on where I never say a word about anything gay, as I am there for different reasons. :wave2:

PureX

She keeps the eyes on the ads, and that's her job. And it turns out that some advertisers like stupid people. Those are the people they WANT watching their ads. It's what the nonsensical hyperbolic editorializing on the TV, the radio, print and online is all about: collecting stupid people for the advertisers. And it works, so it pays.

It's always about the money. The idiotic ideologues never see that, though. Which is why they're so easily gathered and plucked.

Quincy

I love how successful her Canadian campus tour was.

She doesn't know what happens on campuses because she isn't allowed on them :rotfl: .

republicanchick

Her remarks go to an extreme; the rape hysteria, the other extreme. Somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

[/url]

if she says there is no rape on college campusus problem, she is nuts

Even if a man and woman are dating and the man initiates "that kind of thing" and persists even though the woman says No

that is rape if he doesn't stop

a woman being aroused, if she says No, should be listened to. I have heard men ridicule women who say No while aroused... as if that No is totally meaningless just because she is in the mood.

No means NO

republicanchick

I love how successful her Canadian campus tour was.

She doesn't know what happens on campuses because she isn't allowed on them :rotfl: .

meaningless comment

since all the false prophets are accepted by "all"

and the ones who are true prophets are rejected... "hated by all" as Jesus said

genuineoriginal

if she says there is no rape on college campusus problem, she is nuts

Even if a man and woman are dating and the man initiates "that kind of thing" and persists even though the woman says No

that is rape if he doesn't stop

a woman being aroused, if she says No, should be listened to. I have heard men ridicule women who say No while aroused... as if that No is totally meaningless just because she is in the mood.

No means NO

It is so strange that these problems never seemed to happen when people attended single-gender colleges.

Quincy

meaningless comment

since all the false prophets are accepted by "all"

and the ones who are true prophets are rejected... "hated by all" as Jesus said

No, she is rejected because she poisons the pool of public opinion. There are many conservative individuals who get to speak at universities because they do so civilly. She is purposefully trying to make people angry, that's much different than her just speaking her views and asking that people consider them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
u libs never get tired of the name calling, do you?

well, we conservatives are defintely tired of YOU

as was shown in the last election

The issue ... is rape. Focuuussss.

You can either be on Ann's side (the one who wishes to silence the victims of rape) or be on the side of the victims.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I said, anyone who would use drugging as a way to have sex is naturally inclined to criminal behavior.
Sounds reasonable.

I wonder if new campus rules will also apply to gay culture: Does a gay man need to get consent, and is a drunken gay man unable to give consent?
And that sounds like why many people wonder about the sort of bias you carry around on the point.

Else,
In an appearance on talk radio’s The Lars Larson Show last week, conservative talking head Ann Coulter...dismissed the notion of date or acquaintance rape out of hand, insisting that unless a victim gets “hit on the head with a brick,” it isn’t a legitimate rape.
Is she trying to trivialize the serious or subtly indicating her status as a victim of repeated abuse?

“People know what a rape is,” Coulter insisted, “and to have girls trying to get attention — from Lena Dunham to this poor psychotic at UVA, Lady Gaga claiming she was raped but she didn’t admit it to herself for five years. What major crime do people say, ‘I didn’t admit it to myself?’”
Child molestation, for one. And rape involving social strata and peers, especially given the likelihood of being victimized by someone known to you and within the hierarchy of peerage.

In a second part of the interview, the 53-year-old pundit said that liberals are vastly overplaying instances of campus rape, which, in her experience is generally perpetrated by liberal men like the “Clintons and Kennedys,” anyway.
So liberals rape and conservatives give'em what they want? That about it, Ann? :nono:

republicanchick

The issue ... is rape. Focuuussss.

You can either be on Ann's side (the one who wishes to silence the victims of rape) or be on the side of the victims.

when I see Ann Coulter on O'Reilly or Hannity saying that she doesn't give a rip about rape victims, I will believe it.

I tend not to believe people who... spout off about things b4 really doing research, and etc... which seems to be many on the forums

GFR7

GFR7 said:
I wonder if new campus rules will also apply to gay culture: Does a gay man need to get consent, and is a drunken gay man unable to give consent?

TownHeretic said:
And that sounds like why many people wonder about the sort of bias you carry around on the point.

Now you've disappointed me, your usual brilliance tarnished:

Llisten to what I'm saying. It's an important jurisprudence question:

Do the rape rules on campus apply to persons, or to women?
I am viewing gay males as persons.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
when I see Ann Coulter on O'Reilly or Hannity saying that she doesn't give a rip about rape victims, I will believe it.

Any time you trivialize an issue (as she has done), it means "I don't give a rip about rape victims".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Now you've disappointed me,
Then we're even because it was a goofy thing for you to ask. It's part of why you get in hot water with some.

Llisten to what I'm saying. It's an important jurisprudence question:

Do the rape rules on campus apply to persons, or to women?
I am viewing gay males as persons.
Rape is rape, non consensual sex. Gender doesn't enter into that element.