Theology Club: Acts 28 Teaching?

DAN P

I am not sure what you are getting at.

Tell me plainly what I have said that you disagree with.

Thanks Dan P, the Great!

Hi and where you alluded that Rom 1 was a dividing point for you , or something like that !!

How do you view Rom 1:6 ?

It seems that all of believers in ROME were called !!

dan p

glorydaz

If I may say so, Jerry's problem (as with most people), is that he believes that everyone in the Bible that believes is already "saved".

Only the Body of Christ is.

I think that's why we see so many people thinking they have to obey the commandments and endure to the end ....and have no real assurance of their salvation. My day of salvation came the day I believed Paul's gospel. :)

Danoh

"Love in the Afternoon"?

You just might be right.

But your having answered instead of heir now cancels out my condition, lol

Besides, I've got that walking Bible - the most knowing Acts 9 Bible teacher living (after the Spirit, through His rightly divided Word, that is) on my side as to my views - all you have is a girl, lol

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
On another thread, STP said that those belonging to the church at Rome were not in the Body of Christ when they received Paul's epistle:

Are the words here in "bold" are not speaking of the Body of Christ but some other body?

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​

The teaching of STP appears to be closer to the teaching of the Acts 28 community than to MAD. I wonder when he says that the members of the church at Rome became members of the Body of Christ?

Dear Jerry Shugart,
ok, here are SOME problems i see with your style. first, Paul is preaching/teaching, NOT STP. second, Paul is TEACHING THEM ABOUT THE BOC.

then you isolate a scripture and assert that somehow STP's "teachings"
are Acts 28. btw, tell me what the Acts 28 community believe precisely. exactly what does an Acts 28er believe ?

you won't answer because you have to stick to confrontation. do you get bossed around in your life ? or are you "one of those" bosses out in the real world ? it begs the questions because of your twisting of scriptures

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That doesn't fit as I believe as the Body clearly began in Acts 9 at the saving of Saul, but 28 was a good year for me. :)

lol. i say yes to Acts 9 technically. i'm young in my MADness comparatively but right now i lean to Acts 13:2 KJV -

i know Paul was preaching straightway from Acts 9 as well, and certainly when Christ came to Paul the very first time is THE moment -

i'm trying to think when Paul did his first miracles, nothing to do with BOC discussion, just his first miracle.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I was trying to kill two birds with one number. I know Jerry will not give you straight answers.

28= good year!

28'ers = wrong dividing!

oh my, this post looks like i'm meshuk

NO !!!!!!!!!!! I WAS COMMENT ON GOING BACK TO A YOUNGER AGE - I PICKED 28 years old !!!!!!!!!!!

heir

TOL Subscriber
i'm trying to think when Paul did his first miracles, nothing to do with BOC discussion, just his first miracle.
I don't recall a mention of when, only that he did.

Acts 15:12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

Acts 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

2 Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

Danoh

lol. i say yes to Acts 9 technically. i'm young in my MADness comparatively but right now i lean to Acts 13:2 KJV -

i know Paul was preaching straightway from Acts 9 as well, and certainly when Christ came to Paul the very first time is THE moment -

The answers to these kinds of things are not always found in a passage one can point to and say "see; here it is."

Rather; at times the answer will be more the result of an understanding of some things that the understanding of other things in passages, when taken together, then enables one to understand.

Sort of like how we interact with our computers, lap tops, or what have you.

Over time, as we accumulate experience in how different things work, we come to find we are able to solve for some computer problems we had not thought on how to solve for til then and there, and often what we do is we automatically combine our collective understanding of all we have learned up to that point as to how other things work, and presto, we solve for our problem.

Romans thru Philemon is very much like that: a lens that, as one grows more and more in its use, begins to allow the eyes of one's understanding to see way more than one is always able to point to a specific passage on.

How do we know, for example that Peter could not have ended up at Rome "the Pope of Greenwich Village," lol

The Pauline Perspective.

And on and on it goes as to what the "Pauline Revelation" allows the seeing of.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Hi and where you alluded that Rom 1 was a dividing point for you , or something like that !!

dan p

Yes, Dan P, the Romans were called to be saints.

From chapter 1, I can see they had faith, and they believed Jesus is the Christ.

From chapter 1, I also see that they did not yet know the gospel of Christ, which is the power of God unto salvation.

:e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

dan p

well, even the words - among whom - that means not all but among all