Theology Club: Acts 28 Teaching?

Jerry Shugart

If and when they believed the gospel of Christ.

So how do you know that at the time Paul wrote his epistle to the Romans they had not already believed the gospel of Christ?

Those in Rome had already been saved (Ro.5:1-2) so they must have already heard the "gospel of Christ" which saves:

"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:15-16).​

Those in the church at Rome had previously heard and believed the gospel of Christ preached there by some of Paul's fellow Christians. But despite this fact Paul wanted to personally preach the good news to them.

Therefore, they were all members of the Body in Christ, which is the the Body of Christ:

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​

If Romans 12:5 is not speaking of the Body of Christ then it must be referring to another body in Christ. What is that body?

Last edited:

DAN P

Chapter 1 mostly.
And the fact that some of them were in the Olive Tree.

Hi , and Rom 11 have nothing to do with the Body of Christ as anyone that is GRAFTED into the Olive Tree can always be CUT OUT Rom 11:21 and this GRAFTING happens during the MILLENIUM and not now !!

Think over what I have written and its TIMELINE !!

God is not IMPLEMENTING Grafting , Rom 11:21 and IMPLEMENTING BAPTIZO /PLACING into the Body of Christ !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi and I have not read where STP believes in a TWO BODY SYSTEM , like the Acts 28 people !
That's because Bro. SaulToPaul does not believe there are two bodies of Christ, but one!

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you now see the two different bodies which I was referred to earlier in regard to the ideas of STP?

Here is one:

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​

Since STP says that at that time those words were written they were not in the Body of Christ so the body mentioned at Romans 12:5 is not the Body of Christ.

So add that body to the Body of Christ and according to STP there are two different bodies.

Can you see that?
The Romans are of the same Body that saved people are today!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

SaulToPaul 2

Hi , and Rom 11 have nothing to do with the Body of Christ as anyone that is GRAFTED into the Olive Tree can always be CUT OUT Rom 11:21 and this GRAFTING happens during the MILLENIUM and not now !!

Think over what I have written and its TIMELINE !!

God is not IMPLEMENTING Grafting , Rom 11:21 and IMPLEMENTING BAPTIZO /PLACING into the Body of Christ !!

dan p

Yes, Dan P.

I do not believe the Olive Tree is the Body, or that anyone is grafted into the Body.

Jerry Shugart

SaulToPaul does not believe there are two bodies of Christ, but one!

STP says that these words were written to the church at Rome before they became members of the Body of Christ:

Since STP says that at that time those words were written they were not in the Body of Christ so, according to him, the body mentioned at Romans 12:5 is not the Body of Christ.

So add that body to the Body of Christ and according to STP there are two different bodies.

Can you see that?

Jerry is misrepresenting Bro. SaulToPaul.

Please tell me exactly what I said that makes you think that I misrepresented him.

SaulToPaul 2

yeah, i've always found that the first chapter in any book is kinda important - :crackup:

Yes PJ, the Great.

Paul said the Romans believed that Jesus is the Christ, and their faith was known all over the world.

Yet he wanted to preach the gospel of Christ to them.

Sometimes we have to stop, and just think.

JS refuses to do so, in this case.

Jerry Shugart

Because I read chapter 1.

Do you think that those in the church at Rome were saved?

Of course they were!

And here is how they were saved:

"So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek" (Ro.1:15-16).​

But you say that they hadn't yet believed the gospel of Christ at the time when Paul wrote his epistle to them!

How could they be saved even though they hadn't yet believed the gospel which brings salvation, the gospel of Christ?

SaulToPaul 2

Of course they were!

And here is how they were saved:

But you say that they hadn't yet believed the gospel of Christ at the time when Paul wrote his epistle to them!

How could they be saved even though they hadn't yet believed the gospel which brings salvation, the gospel of Christ?

Because I read, and believed, chapter 1.

SaulToPaul 2

Why did you not answer my points?

If your answer is "yes" then tell us why you do not think that they were saved by believing the gospel of Christ which brings salvation?:

Or are you willing to argue that they were not saved?

After reading and believing chapter 1, I can come to none other conclusion than the Romans believed Jesus is the Christ, but did not yet know the gospel of Christ which is the power of God unto salvation.

Read it, think, and be honest with yourself.

Jerry Shugart

After reading and believing chapter 1, I can come to none other conclusion than the Romans believed Jesus is the Christ, but did not yet know the gospel of Christ which is the power of God unto salvation.

Read it, think, and be honest with yourself.

So do you think that they were not yet saved when Paul sent his epistle to them?

After all, you have argued in the past that believing Jesus is the Christ saved no one.