Theology Club: Acts 28 Teaching?

Jerry Shugart

On another thread, STP said that those belonging to the church at Rome were not in the Body of Christ when they received Paul's epistle:

The Roman letter is full of Body of Christ doctrine, the fact that they were not yet in the Body should be an eye opener and shed light on Paul's course, rather than a topic of contention.

Are the words here in "bold" are not speaking of the Body of Christ but some other body?

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​

The teaching of STP appears to be closer to the teaching of the Acts 28 community than to MAD. I wonder when he says that the members of the church at Rome became members of the Body of Christ?

Danoh

On another thread, STP said that those belonging to the church at Rome were not in the Body of Christ when they received Paul's epistle:

Are the words here in "bold" are not speaking of the Body of Christ but some other body?

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:5).​

The teaching of STP appears to be closer to the teaching of the Acts 28 community than to MAD. I wonder when he says that the members of the church at Rome became members of the Body of Christ?

So what? That is their prerogative.

Like Jerry; the slandering hypocrite, actually wishes to explore anything, with fairness, and having decided beforehand to "let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

No. The gnat like little Hitler just wants everyone to see how brilliant he delusionally believes he alone is.

DAN P

Hi and I have not read where STP believes in a TWO BODY SYSTEM , like the Acts 28 people !

The Acts 13 people and Acts 9 , ( some ) believe that Paul was saved under Kingdom preaching and Dispensationalists are all over the place .

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and I have not read where STP believes in a TWO BODY SYSTEM , like the Acts 28 people !

Are these words addressed to members of the church at Rome at a time when STP says that they were not in the Body of Christ?:

If STP is right then this verse is speaking about some other body than theBodyof Christ. So according to STP there is one body mentioned at Romans 12:5 and another one which is the Body of Christ.

That makes two separate and disctinct Bodies.

DAN P

Are these words addressed to members of the church at Rome at a time when STP says that they were not in the Body of Christ?:

If STP is right then this verse is speaking about some other body than theBodyof Christ. So according to STP there is one body mentioned at Romans 12:5 and another one which is the Body of Christ.

Hi and when he responses , ONLY Acts 28 people believe in 2 Bodies , one in the Paul's first 7 letters and the other beginning in Ephesians and as I said , just as WEIRD as the Acts 13 beginning of the Body of Christ and saying that Paul was saved by Kingdom preaching !!

For any one too believe in 2 Bodies he will have to believe that Paul is saved by by Kingdom preaching BUT STP believes in Acts 9:6 , that I have seen !!

dan p

Danoh

The Acts 13 people and Acts 9 , ( some ) believe that Paul was saved under Kingdom preaching and Dispensationalists are all over the place .

dan p

I know many an Acts 9er. I've never known one to hold that Paul was saved under the kingdom gospel. Acts 13ers I've known; yes.

That is odd for an Acts 9er, as it does not fit the principle we base our position on, to begin with.

Must be Acts 9ers who perhaps learned their Acts 9 from someone and or perhaps never really learned how to properly sort these things out on their own.

As I am sure you are aware, many within Mid-Acts will be like many within any other group within Christianity in general; they will have been taught what they believe; they will not have studied much on their own, or learned how to properly do so.

Most will have gotten their info from someone or from the various books, as old most of those books are.

And that's fine, as far as I am concerned; their other life skills will be of other kinds, in other areas of life, and just as useful to all the various kinds of skills a local ministry is ever in need of.

This is where the rubber meets the road; as far as I am concerned.

'Okay; I know this, that, the other...'

'More importantly; can I allow it to work in me such that I am actually able to allow my own to be fully persuaded in their own mind, where ever that happens to be?'

Philippians 1:

9. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

That no matter how much you come to know....nevertheless, that your love be what determines for you what is more excellent between you and your own.

That it determine what is that "more excellent way... faith, hope, charity," 1 Cor. 12: 31; 13:13.

Danoh

Jerry hopes this ever straining at a gnat of his is right.

Hopes his logic, read by him into STP's words, and then concluded as actually being STP's words and or intended sense, is right.

Oh what a happy day this will be for Jerry.

One more issue he can ever hound after his supposed own as to their supposed mutual, like precious faith with him in the Lord.

Oh how, Jerry the cyber bully will be so happy as to what his illogic will then allow him, in post, after post, after post, no matter the thread, subject, or post.

A hounding we will go, a hounding we will go.
Yes we'll go after them, a hounding we will go.

Have a happy day, oh happy day.
Til Jesus comes, til Jesus comes.
Jerry must have his way.

DAN P

I know many an Acts 9er. I've never known one to hold that Paul was saved under the kingdom gospel. Acts 13ers I've known; yes.

That is odd for an Acts 9er, as it does not fit the principle we base our position on, to begin with.

Must be Acts 9ers who perhaps learned their Acts 9 from someone and or perhaps never really learned how to properly sort these things out on their own.

As I am sure you are aware, many within Mid-Acts will be like many within any other group within Christianity in general; they will have been taught what they believe; they will not have studied much on their own, or learned how to properly do so.

Most will have gotten their info from someone or from the various books, as old most of those books are.

And that's fine, as far as I am concerned; their other life skills will be of other kinds, in other areas of life, and just as useful to all the various kinds of skills a local ministry is ever in need of.

This is where the rubber meets the road; as far as I am concerned.

'Okay; I know this, that, the other...'

'More importantly; can I allow it to work in me such that I am actually able to allow my own to be fully persuaded in their own mind, where ever that happens to be?'

Philippians 1:

9. And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10. That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

That no matter how much you come to know....nevertheless, that your love be what determines for you what is more excellent between you and your own.

That it determine what is that "more excellent way... faith, hope, charity," 1 Cor. 12: 31; 13:13.

Hi and I know these people personally Acts 9 and 13 , and they said that Paul was saved under Kingdom preaching !!

Both were Grace Pastors and it is because they do not understand the book of Acts for ONE and the other was too old to change but his wife understood !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

For any one too believe in 2 Bodies he will have to believe that Paul is saved by by Kingdom preaching BUT STP believes in Acts 9:6 , that I have seen !!

Do you now see the two different bodies which I was referred to earlier in regard to the ideas of STP?

Here is one:

Since STP says that at that time those words were written they were not in the Body of Christ so the body mentioned at Romans 12:5 is not the Body of Christ.

So add that body to the Body of Christ and according to STP there are two different bodies.

Can you see that?

Last edited:

Danoh

Hi and I know these people personally Acts 9 and 13 , and they said that Paul was saved under Kingdom preaching !!

Both were Grace Pastors and it is because they do not understand the book of Acts for ONE and the other was too old to change but his wife understood !!

dan p

Lol, either that, or she gave you the grace of allowing you your conclusion...

But really; who cares. I mean, beyond exploring these issues together, our eye focused throughout on the actual prize "the love of Christ."

To quote the aptly fitting words of singer, Al Green "Don't choo know that we're in this life together; got a love that lasts forever..." :)

Danoh

Do you now see the two different bodies which I was referred to earlier in regard to the ideas of STP?

Here is one:

Since STP says that at that time those words were written they were not in the Body of Christ so the body mentioned at Romans 12:5 is not the Body of Christ.

So add that body to the Body of Christ and according to STP there are two different bodies.

Can you see that?

Jerry is Acts 13. You, DP, according to him, are Neo-MAD... when its suits him.

STP is Acts 9.

Guess who is playing divisive once more?

Mark my words, Jerry will drag, and drag, and drag this out.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Here is one:

Can you see that?

You're a real "pain in the neck." If you had wanted to teach, why
didn't you go to college and become a teacher? This is a forum.
You do realize that, don't you? It's "give and take." Nobody wants
you to continually "grandstand" your every thought.

SaulToPaul 2

dan p

Yes, Dan P the Great.

I believe the Romans were not yet in the Body, but Paul writes the letter full of Body doctrine as if they were in the Body in most cases.

Jerry has imagined that I believe in a two Body system, from this.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes, Dan P the Great.

I believe the Romans were not yet in the Body, but Paul writes the letter full of Body doctrine as if they were in the Body in most cases.

that jerry sure has a vivid imagination -

DAN P

Yes, Dan P the Great.

Hi STP , and just where it ALLUDES for the above since I believe that Galatians was Paul's first written letter likr Gal 3:28 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

What is this body since none of those to whom Paul addressed were members of the Body of Christ when these words were written?:

If that is not speaking of the Body of Christ then it must be referring to another body in Christ. What is that body?

And when do you think that all those who belonged to the church at Rome became members of the Body of Christ? What changed within that church?